Tree of Savior Forum

Endless Survival Instance

The basic idea would be to spawn players in an arena and spawn waves of enemies of increasing difficulty until the players all die. You have to clear all the monsters in one wave to get to the next wave. Like Uphill except you don’t have to defend anything and it never ends.

It can start out with basic enemies and gradually become more and more elite enemies, all with higher and higher stats. It can slowly increase the density of enemies that can cast spells, inflict status ailments, etc.

No daily entry limit. No level limit. First wave scales to the level of your team and gets harder from there.

NO REWARDS TO FARM. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Every mildly cool instance in this game (ET, Uphill, even TBL) has become something to farm because of how the rewards work. It’s made everything a chore. I suggest this idea as something to do in the game that doesn’t become a job.

If you really want to do rewards, you can do this:

1. ONE COSMETIC ITEM after you clear wave 100 if you’re R7+. Obtainable once per character.
  2. Have a leaderboard (top 10) of what teams got the farthest that month. Award the people in the top 3 teams ONE COSMETIC ITEM. If your team has someone who already appeared in the top 3 in a previous season, the team cannot appear on the top 10 leaderboard, to encourage completely new teams to compete.

You could also give generic, cumulative rewards like talt every 10 waves to incentivize people to play but not incentivize them to abandon ship after a certain level.

If you want to have fun, you can also make leaderboards with weirder requirements, like “Top 10 of teams that were all lv1”, or “Top 10 of teams that had no armor equipped for the entire run”. “Top 10 teams of all time” would also work.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Will it give exp ?
If it’s tough (meaning your gear will suffer) but there’s literally no rewards… it’ll be deserted by most people pretty fast.
Sure, it’s fun and challenging, but if ultimately there’s no reward, I don’t think people will stick to it for a long time.

I actually played a browser game who had something like that. Except that it was only 10 waves, but there were A LOT of mobs (ranged, melee, physical, magical, with debuffs…) and it was a rather small closed area so it was pretty tough.
Starting wave 5 or 6 I think, there were mini-bosses added: much tougher, more HP, way more damages. Wave 10 had two…
But I think part of what made it difficult was that the waves spawned at a fixed time. So if you hadn’t cleared wave 6 when it was time for wave 7, you had to fight 1.5 waves at once. Usually at wave 10 you had to fight 2.5-3 waves at once.

On some games, it was more like a tower, and on every floors you have mobs to fight. And every -5 floors (5th, 15th, 25th…) you have mini-bosses while on every -0 floors (10th, 20th…) you have a tough boss.

Honestly, it could just have chances to drop some hair accessories (or their recipes). There are a lot of accessories that exist but can’t be found anywhere… Some never even came on this version: https://tos.neet.tv/items?type=Hat&f=1
It’s a nice addition, it’s fun, but nothing OP or amazing~ ?

Probably not give exp, otherwise people will just grind it. I guess you’re right there’s no incentive to do it. For me I’m just becoming bored with the available gameplay options but I never felt like I got the opportunity to test my builds to their gameplay limits. Right now, the only real options for end-game content are equipment grinding and PvP. Grinding equipment is mildly frustrating but fine, and there’s plenty to do there, but I’ve already done as much as I care to do. PvP is massively imbalanced and is changing soon. The only PvE area to test how well you play your build is ET which is catered toward certain builds and no one runs it for fun, only to grind gears. It’s also structured to heavily punish risk taking, because you only get stuff if you concede at floors.

I feel like other people feel the same way. An endless survival mode for me would be a way to do non-farming PvE content that also isn’t super dependent on build or equipment to have fun.

I like the idea of chances to drop hair accessories or something else cosmetic. Maybe the accessories could be tiered and cumulative. So waves 0-20 drop certain accessories, 20-40 includes new accessories into the possible drop pool, and it keeps going until a high tier level but it doesn’t stop or change after that tier.

The reason why I chose not to do timed is because there are really easy ways to cheese timed things. Since this endless survival doesn’t have anything to defend, Taoists could just use dark sight and have the party sit inside it forever. I agree that having it timed would work if players didn’t have such OP skills, and it works well for Uphill where you have to defend the top.

Maybe the easiest way to make this would just to give Uphill a second mode where there’s no chests, mobs drop accessories, and it lasts forever. Players would still have to defend the torch, but it would still do all the things intended.

one answer for this practo rewards or practo shards collect 20 and craft practo

Oh, I think you misunderstood the timed part =o
It’s not as in “You have X minutes to kill them all”. It lasts as long as you need it to last, it’s just that mobs spawn after X seconds. Let’s say, you enter, a system message will say “in 30s the first wave will spawn”, then it spawns, and the next wave will spawn in 120 seconds for example. So if you haven’t cleared all the mobs in 2 minutes, once wave 2 is here you’ll have to fight wave 1 and 2. And it’s just like that: every waves spawn after a fixed time, but you can take your time killing time if you want to.
This kind of things just make it more challenging after a while.
I feel like you thought I meant you clear the event by staying alive for X minutes. But it’s not that at all.

Yeah, for the exp I thought about it too since it’s not limited.
But Tree Of Fashion after all, so hair accessories would be fun to get. Especially knowing there are so many accessories, yet a lot of them are unavailable.

No worries, I understood what you meant. Reading back, I can tell I wasn’t expressing myself clearly. I do still think that the X-seconds-until-next-wave model can be cheesed by a Taoist, because they can use Dark Sight and remove aggro from the entire party indefinitely, letting waves pass until they’ve “cleared” a high wave number without actually killing monsters. The only limitation would be that eventually the game would crash from the number of monsters on the screen.

It would be like Uphill if you could Dark Sight the torch. The waves would still count up and the chests would still appear but nothing would die.

Oh. I wasn’t thinking about chests, actually. More like the hair accessories would be direct special drops from the mobs.
That’s why I couldn’t understand what would be the point of hiding the whole party. The point would be literally to get the mobs. No mobs killed = no rewards.
But yeah, if it’s chests the mobs coming at certain times would be bad, indeed.

Oh that makes sense, I forgot the rewards come from the monsters. xD I was still thinking about rewards coming from some leaderboard threshold.

Nice but impossible to implement in IToS, random disconnects all the time and trashy servers don’t agree with your idea.