Tree of Savior Forum

Enchanter Suggestions

Hi guys, I have tried some farmer wizards during the last reset event and I ended with my old enchanter build, that recently reach C3. First, Enchanter c3 isn’t that bad as some people say, overeinforce is pretty good and the extra points on lightining hands and enchant are always welcome. But the class still can get a lot better. Here I present some suggestions,

Agility,
This skill has been bad since its relaese. Now it´s a little bit better with the new attribute, but i see no reason take more than on point. I would rework the skill and instead of give that useless evasion, the skill should grant a stat that enchanter appreciate a lot: attack speed. The skill still would be accord to the name and enchanter needs attack speed. Someone may think that would overlap quicken but i see no problem on that, maybe the skill can state that the aspd bonus doesn´t stack.

Enchant Lightining
Why two of the most used skills are lightining related? Enchanter should be able to enchant with different elements. So i propose that the skill is renamed to “enchant weapon” and you can choose what typo of element you want to use, but just once a time. This would make the skill a lot more useful and more consistent with the class name which at the moment seems more like a lightning master.

Empowering
This skill is quite nice in some context, but i feel that really needs and attribute. What comes to my mind is an attribute that increase the sp regen of you and your party mates. The regen ratio could depend on the spr caster. It could be another one but the skill is kind of incomplete.

Enchant Earth
This skill doesn’t worth more than one point and really needs an attribute that grants def or mdef or something again, that scales in spr.

Any though on these suggestions?

That Empowering still can’t make me give any point on it sorry.
The Enchant lighting one should have an attribute like “enchant ice” or something will changes it’s properties.
Either Agility, should have “attack speed attribute” instead of ■■■■■■■ useless evation. Love this opinion.
I was thinking about new Empowering would like Healing Factor, which creates a buff circle on ground, give you same effect of old skill but also prevent your SP bar will not reduces by anything in xx seconds. (Using skills, taking sp drain’s skill, etc…)

1 Like

Loving this, it would be nice. Ty

Empeworing rework : For each Enchant buff affecting your character, give you a bonus (don’t know on what)

Cryomancer

Subzero Shield becomes Enchant Ice, and the skill is reworked.

2 Likes

Seeing as Enchanter buffs use Rounds as a cost, I would’ve loved it if they turned the C3 Rounds into alternatives for the vanilla ones. Using these Rounds over the vanilla ones would provide additional benefits to certain skills or maybe even change its effect entirely.

It doesn’t even have to be anything too fancy, it could be something as simple as Enchant Lightning changing its property depending on the type of Round used to cast it, or Enchant Earth’s block rate effect changing into an AoE DoT effect applied on the caster upon using a Fire Round to cast it (though I guess that’d be ripping off of Zealots).

Point is, I just want the newer Rounds to be much more useful than they currently are.

1 Like

Maybe they will give enchanter more elements of enchanting in the future.
because as you can see, they’ve already provided different elements of Enchant Rounds.
But seriously, Empowering and Agility need a good rework.

Hello Borel,

Thank you for your suggestion towards the Enchanter class. We will forward it to the dev team for them to further review it and see what can be added in the future.

2 Likes

I actually thought it was what they wanted to do when we got few infos about rounds for Enchanter. What they did is really stupid.

Reworks will happen eventually. We might be seeing some forum ideas being used in the future, we just have to wait it out.

As far as Agility goes though, I’d much rather have it decrease spell casting time, or back swing (kinda like how Dex works, I guess) since Quicken already exists, and is in the same class tree.

Empowering working like a Healing Factor for SP does sound pretty cool, though I suppose they’d have to downgrade it from being a party buff into a single target buff tile.

Yes, it’s kind of redundant. Maybe the skill should be removed and add a different one.

Empowering becoming a SP version of Healing Factor sounds pretty darn cool actually. I’d actually invest points into that.

Agility should just be completely reworked to a new skill. Something like an offensive spell that turns the target into an Ice property monster for like 20 seconds, with maybe an attribute that can swap the property-change to something else that the developers would find balanced (or multiple attributes if it can be programmed to enable one attribute but forces others off).

I don’t think anything swaps elements of monsters in the game yet right? and being able to manipulate enemies weakness sounds pretty cool.

I’d love to see Empowering do something more Log Horizon-like, where you could get the total average sp of your party and redistribute it equally, so classes with heavy sp management would be glad to have you around while an Enchanter with Thauma/Chrono in the previous ranks would find another usage for all that mana that they can’t burn by themselves. But due to copyright reasons I can’t even hope to see something similar I guess.

:sad:

2 Likes

I’ve recently reset one of my wizards to Enchanter c3, and skilled Enchant Lightning and Lightning Hands to max, leaving 20 spare points that I feel are completely wasted in skills that bring absolutely nothing to the build. Frankly, look at the crap skills Enchanters get…

Agility

The effects of [Agility] increases maximum Stamina and increases the chance to dodge an enemy attack proportional to your current Stamina.

Problem: the dodge chance is ridiculous.
Suggestion: increase dodge chance significantly

Enchant Armor

Sets up a shop that grants armor equipment with enchantments.

Problem: enchantments are dogpoo
Suggestion: at higher level, allow better enchantments (+1 over-reinforce for example)

Craft Spellbook

Craft a spellbook containing a selected skill that can be used by anyone.

Problem: you need the corresponding classes to craft the skills (pyro for Enchant Fire, warlock for Pole of Agony…)
Solution: change to a shop with fixed skill list in the same vein as the Enchant Armor shop

Empowering

Briefly increases your and your party members’ character levels and max SP.

Problem: is this a joke? character level influences NOTHING in the game, except restrictions to enter dungeons… and buff is only to MAX SP, which is as useless as a stick…
Solution: add buff to stats (even +1 per skill level would be fine) and ABSOLUTELY refill the SP bar

Enchant Earth

Enchant the armor of you and your party with the power of the land, granting the ability to block without having to wear shields.

Problem: and if I use a shield? (note that this skill now consumes rounds so it has better to be good!)
Solution: simply increase block for shield users, should be significative if you put 10 points into the skill

Over-Reinforce

Momentarily increases the enhancement values of main weapons equipped by you and your allies.

Problem: the word “momentarily”, to be worth spending 2x rounds per cast, it has to last longer than a bloody 45s
Solution: makes this a 300s buff like other ones

I want to be able to have a hard time choosing where to put my 20 spare points, not leaving them as spare because nothing else is worth skilling…

2 Likes

I actually think it would be great… but it doesn’t work how it should or could. It is a missed opportunity… it could be a skill that you could use to help others leveling but…it doesn’t work that way…

-Afaik you still can’t enter with it to dungeons with auto match at least my friend coudln’t…
-You can’t go to good leveling spots earlier because it doesn’t affect the exp restrictions of your level.
-You can’t equip higher level gears earlier than you could otherwise.

I think a skill like that would be rly great even if it is not for everybody or for a main build but it is just a total waste… it is not good for that either.

It would be nice if Enchant Armor could let us enchant gloves and boots too… Its pretty annoying that we can make durability go down slower on top/pants but not gloves/boots.

1 Like

The class really seems imcoplete and rushed. Hope in the near future might be reworked.

Enchant Earth is fantastic, I use it on my tanky wiz. Gives massive block

1 Like