Tree of Savior Forum

Enchant Fire's Additional Fire damage only applies half the value

Server Name: Silute

Team Name: Keishiro

Bug Description : I have Pyromancer’s Enchant Fire at level 12 giving me 669 Additional Fire Damage, but as I was testing it with different skills it only adds half of that (334) to the final damage. Not sure if this is intended…

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Deal damage with any skill, without Enchant fire, check the damage
  2. Cast Enchant Fire
  3. Damage the same enemy with the same skill as before
  4. Subtract the damage without Enchant fire from the damage with it

From the Jan 15th patchnotes:

Hmm, didn’t know about that…But if that’s true, then the damage should change if they’re under the debuff effect from the Enchant Fire attribute, right? Or maybe it’s the attribute that isn’t working…

Enchant Fire’s attribute should lower their fire property resistance which will increase the amount of bonus damage that gets through from Enchant Fire. Note that you have to be very close to the enemy and cast Enchant Fire, and even then, the duration of the debuff is very short.

If this isn’t working, then that would be a bug to be reported.

I just tested and it isn’t working, not for the Enchant Fire bonus damage and not for any fire skill damage. So I guess the attribute is bugged.
As for the bonus damage, I discovered that it’s affected by the 50% weakness that earth monsters have (from 334 it goes up to 501), Elemental essence does not affect it though. I tested on many different monsters and the extra damage (without weakness/resistance) seems to be always half of what the tooltip says…So maybe we’re dealing with two bugs here.

This sucks because I chose Enchant Fire over maxing Flame pillar, since it actually works on any skill, not just Fire element ones (Death creeping charm!), so you get overall higher dps with it, but having it only proc half the damage it says is really a bummer…

Should I open another thread for the attribute bug, or just edit this one?

I’d say just make a new thread for the attribute if it’s truly not working.

The “half damage” isn’t a bug, as yes, monsters do all have property resistance now. This only affects sources of “additional property dmg” such as Enchant Fire and equipment.

If you test this in PVP (such as a duel), you’ll get the full value of additional damage with your attacks and skills… reduced by 80% of course, due to PVP. Players don’t have innate property resistance.

I see…but even if its not a bug, it led me to notice that the attribute is bugged, so I guess it was worth testing. I’ll open another thread for it.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Went back and actually tested the damage on a weak monster (Leaf bug) and it was applied in full (with the +50% from the weakness), so I’m certain that its really just the attribute that’s not working.