Tree of Savior Forum

Elementalist Question

I been working on my own version of the almost Generic W3 --> E3 build.

My question to those that know the game better since is started playing with the EA and have not found a satisfactory answer is:

Can someone explain to me, why do most builds take points on Hail past 5? Wen at E3 we get Frost Cloud, which i think would replace Hail since it does the same or more dmg in half the time? Im looking at this from a global actions kind of view. Considering you are hitting keys every second to max dmg output.

i just turned e1 and wanna go for frost cloud too. but why not both? frost cloud AND hail? dmg output should be great?

Huh… Frost Cloud does not replace Hail because you can’t just spam it. Even taking account your other skills you still won’t have enough cooldowns to be using a skill at all times so don’t ever neglect Hail.

Maxed Hail also lasts 20 seconds, so it’s safe to say Wizard will -never- get enough skills that will just make you go like “ok, Hail isn’t worth casting anymore”.

I would like to know the answer too but my guess is that we have 2 aoe options and those skills have long cd. So that means we can switch between those aoe skills while the others on cd.

1 Like

Hail doing pretty consistent damage to bosses, since they got large hitbox.
so it’s worth putting lot of points into it.
also inside dungeon where there’s a huge amount of mobs, hail can be pretty usefull for damage and freezing. (>10 mobs)
beside that you wont use hail much. the most used skill for normal questing are magic missile, Electrocute, freezing sphere and meteor every 1,5min or at least for me.

Well, wouldn’t you want more skills?

More skills = more damage

Since you can’t just spam them, might as well get it.

Lvl 5 hail vs Lvl 15 hail is a +100% difference in DPS without considering the increased base damage.

This was pretty much the main reason i though of Hail as useful, and wasnt sure how Global’s would mach with the lower cd skills.

More skills not always amount to more dmg, normally the idea is to follow a priority based on the highest damaging skills. That’s why im asking questions to understand what others are doing.

That’s pretty much what i was wondering, as i get what other are saying about stacking them, but if there would be a CD issue, normally i would just opt for FC over Hail since it does the same dmg or more over 10 sec.

Thank for the answers

This is what i’m going to do.

I don’t take earthquake because it knocks the mobs back out of aoes and that’s a bad thing most of the time anyway.

You can stack them together, it’s not a channeled spell

Wasn’ there confirmation that Isa doesn’t work with Elementalist’s Hail nor Frost Cloud ?

It doesn’t, it’s for the cryo/chrono in my party; we also have a diev so it’ll have like 100% up time.

Party comp is important to clear dungeon fast :slight_smile: we don’t solo the game.

I know we don’t solo the game, but we need to be able to do damage or we don’t get cubes from world bosses.

lol trust me you will do plenty of damage from the ele3 skills.

warlock skills doesn’t really do that much at rank 1 anyway and it has 0 synergy with quickcast besides the 50% increased damage.