Tree of Savior Forum

Elemental Essence Passive Skill

Did anyone understand what this Passive does? English is not my first language, but I think the translation is confusing. Can anyone explain what “reducing attack property penalties received by enemies by 5%” means?
Thanks!

if you use fire on fire property mobs (or same property attack on property mobs), property penalty (PP) will be 25%, meaning your dmg will be reduce by 25% (you deal 75% of your original dmg)
reduce property penalty mean reduce the part 25% by %.
For example 5% of 25% will be 1.25% reduce then PP = 25%-1.25% = 23.75% (you deal 76.25% of your original dmg)
50% of 25% will be 12.5% reduce then PP = 25%-12.5% = 12.5% (you deal 87.5% of your original dmg)
100% of 25% will be 25% reduce then PP = 25%-25% = 0% (you deal 100% of your original dmg)

1 Like

It means your damage reduction against the same or stronger element will be less.

1 Like

Just as lumo says. It works like that
Basically it’s maximum usefulness is when you are facing a map where majorities of the enemies have same attribute as your offense skills
Example is like Pyro-Ele-Tao in a map where there’s a lot of fire and electric type monster. Turning on this attribute will do good

1 Like

Thanks guys, you helped a lot

and i want to ask guys.
if i wont take skill Elemental Essence, thats no problem?
i think better i put the another offensive skill.

and if i not put elemental essence still i get the Pinalty Elemental??

I don’t have the skill on my pyro-ele-tao and I’m doing fine. Ten skill points is a lot for a skill that’s situationnal, and I’d rather get the offensive skills maxed instead. However, if your build is something like Warlock-Elementalist, you MUST get it, since many many mobs are dark based and having 50% less penalty on dark attacks is a must have, plus you would do double damage against Skiaclipse which is holy based.

depend on build.
WL ele tao/FF is WC killer.