Tree of Savior Forum

Elem - Meteor vs Freezing sphere vs Prominence!

Good day guys,

My question is the one above, out of those 3 spells which one would be the better choice to invest your remaining points in?

Would you rather opt for 2 instead of 1, please do let me know as I currently have no idea which to take.

1 point in all for utility.

Standard is to dump points in Meteor since it has pretty good burst. Prominence is too random and does its job well enough at 1. Freezing sphere is okay but it depends on your build.

went wiz 3 if thats what you ment with build, and I keep reading that Meteor falls off really quick would that still make it more desireable than Freezing sphere for example?

Meteor’s function as a spell is to burst, a.k.a when you want something dead, and pronto. It falls off in the sense that 90ish second cooldown for one largish burst that doesnt hit many times is less useful lategame than early. However, seeing as how your sustained dps spells frost cloud and hail are already there… you might as well have one good burst DPS spell for cleanup.

Meteor’s actual scaling is pretty awesome since its 400% + large flat base amount per level. Which means that while its not frost cloud, for a spell intended to act as a true burst nuke, it functions extremely well.

2 Likes

ic well that is pretty clear so you would put 1 in each for Prominence and Freezing sphere and the rest in Meteor I assume then?

I’m putting the rest into meteor, but might as well save the points for ele C3 skills (if you are in C2).

Did you take 1 point in each of the others aswell Neryen or just all in Meteor, and yes I will be saving a few points for c3 :slight_smile:

I did 1 freezing sphere and 1 prominence (I don’t think prominence is that good, because it’s too random, I only use it when mobs are chasing after me; somehow, prominence fire always shows up on the ground on my back). These skills are useful only to fill in the gaps of cooldown of other skills.

I put 1 point into Meteor and mistakenly put another point into Meteor at the last level up (I should have saved it for the new skills in C3).

1 Like

Hehe well that is good to know, thinking that I might just skip Prominence and take Meteor at 1 for now then.

Meteor cooldown is hella long though :frowning:
But its burst damage is awesome :slight_smile:

^^ I will certainly check that out!

All in on Meteor imo. You can tap-cast it when your surrounded and need a quick way out and do a full cast while your waiting on Frost Cloud and such.

Prominence occasionally useful in leveling but it is too random and forces you to go melee. I did put one point in it, but I never use it after I got frost cloud.

Freezing Sphere is lack luster and an SP drain. The exception would be if your going Rune Caster, then pick it up over Meteor.

Alright thanks for your opinion Kisko, I did take one point in Freezing sphere yesterday, since I find myself too often now waiting for cd’s like 10 seconds if I am spamming all my skills.

I do have to say Freezing sphere is quite nice the damage might not be anyting to write home about with just 1 point I dont know if it gets much better or not.
The little aoe it has seems pretty nice I did not expect that!
With 3 uses before overheat it is quite the nice little spell to fill in the ranks before getting rank 3 but yes it is quite costly sp wise.

The long cooldowns for Elementalist is basically why I recommend having the point in all spells for utility. Freezing Sphere is really good in that its an anomaly of an Elementalist spell; it has a short 30 second cooldown and the 3 uses is definitely nice.

In my build I’m currently Wizard c3 -> Elem c3 -> Rune Caster, and with only two points in Rune of Ice I get to comfortable fire off 6 shots of Freezing Sphere with the 300% damage boost, and another 50% if I keep Quick Cast active. In this build maximizing my base Freezing Sphere damage is essential, so I max it. Unless you do this though, Meteor is probably where your points should go.

1 Like

Thanks for that point of view and yes I do agree Freezing sphere with Rune Caster makes for a scary combination, I already have 1 point in Freezing sphere and so far really enjoy it’s use!

I will not bother picking up Prominence though since I do not like randomness in my spells as much, unless I am just having fun and fooling around.

I will take 1 point in Meteor and see if I like it enough to warrant putting the rest of my remaining points into it.

I feel stupid for asking and bumping a 276 day old thread, but I can’t find the answer anywhere.
Does Freezing Sphere actually [Freeze]?

No, it doesn’t. The name is misleading. It’s more or less a better Energy Bolt. Only thing from Ele’s arsenal that freezes is Hail’s attribute chance.

Not that I have tested, nor know any Eles that wear one but, 2hnd staff Audra’s effect also makes Ice element skills proc +15%chance to Freeze.

Thanks! And thanks Fuwaro, I’m going to get me one of those Audra’s! It would improve the spell “gust” as well, and it looks awesome.

Thanks, people!