Tree of Savior Forum

Ele or sorcerer? I'm taking your votes

I’m taking your votes :slight_smile:
Which one would you choose and why?
DPS-wise, grind-wise, party-wise, etc.

Thank you~~

(Currently I’m wizard c3 and thinking which way to go first. Probably I’ll do 2 chars whatsoever)

Wiz C3 > Ele3 dont bother with sorc.

Quickest answer I can give you is because going wiz3 into sorc would be a waste of time since we dont have skills that take time to cast/charge.

1 Like

You will like ele 3 a lot when game stops at rank 7.

I believe you’d enjoy Linker > Sorc 2 more when rank max rank reaches 8+.

Either are solid but Ele 3 is currently better, no one knows what changes as game goes but remember, at rank 7, DPS ranks from rank 2 or 3 are already “useless”, so it’s not weird that it might end up happening to a rank 4 class.

1 Like

Sorcerer is pretty buggy right now. I would recommend going ele and making a sorc later if you really want to play one. By then maybe some of the issues with it will be fixed both the bugs and balancing with summons. The only thing sorcerer really has going for it right now is cat buffs at C1 when you hit sorc C2 summons can tank bosses well with the hold command.

1 Like

DPS, Grind, and Party is all Elemental 3.

Sorc is great if you enjoy soloing as your summon can tank boss and mobs for you. In parties you won’t have your summon out much before it drains the sh1t out of your SP. You will have to have down time to regen, therefore slowing down your party.

DPS for Ele out dps Sorc by miles.

Sorc’s potential is already limited to rank 7 at most. At higher rank’s you will not likely to use your summon and only to gimp your SP from casting anything rank 8+. The damage of templeshooter is nice under level 200.

1 Like

Sorc is good if u go for C2 with AI control, dont listen to what other say AI is buggy, at C2 its absolutely great because u can control your summon, and u can always eat lv10 condense SP pots to heal fully and only cost 500 silver at auction. It worth buying this than from NPC. And dont ever add Spr and sp will be fine by itself

1 Like

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the replies and helping me. I hope this community won’t go crappy by time :slight_smile:

It is safe to say if it is your first mage character, wiz3>elem3 is the best option for current available content.
You can do a Sorc as a sub later with the aid of your elementalist who are in better position to farm boss/dungeon/grind for silvers.

Sorcerer is pretty fun but sadly it is still far from optimize, but as usual pet classes will always the last thing developer consider to optimize/balance because too many mechanics involved, maybe 6 months - 1 year we never know.

Additionally, Wiz3 doesn’t synergy well with sorcerer because the primary Quickcast and its 50% matk dmg attribute have nothing much to apply on Sorcerer beside Summon Familiar (which is good only at lv15).