Tree of Savior Forum

Druid Transformation Bugs

Date and Time : any time

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : joypad and keyboard

Where it happened (which map, which quest, which npc, etc) : any map

Bug Description :
When using a controller to use Druid’s shapeshift, transformation or mind control, the hotkeys are not working properly. More importantly, the L1+any button combinations don’t work at all meaning I can only use the monster skills displayed on A and X buttons but can use them regardless of pressing L1+A or L1+X or only A or X. Trying to use L1+Y or L1+B don’t work at all.
For example, if I transform into a Panto using my controller and press L1+B, the haste buff doesn’t activate but cancels the transformation state (which is displayed as L1+Y) . Using L1+Y just does nothing except your sprite crippling around as if trying to use a not existing skill (whereas L1+Y should cancel your state by default).
If I use my keyboard and press D (by default), the haste buff activates just fine so do the other skills as well.
If I transform using the controller and try to use the A, S, D skills with keyboard afterwards, nothing happens until transformation ends.
Also, if I transform using the keyboard, then use my controller to walk around or cancel the transformation all skill hotkeys on my keyboard stop working (regardless of input mode settings) leading me to the need to restart the client.

Also when using L1 + A on PS4 controller, not only is the skill on the L1+A slot used, but you also jump at the same time when transformed.

Steps to reproduce issue 1:

1. transform into monster (Panto) using controller
    2a) trying to use haste buff using controller (L1+B by default) -> cancels transformation
    2b) trying to use haste buff using keyboard (D by default) -> nothing happens until transformation ends

Steps to reproduce issue 2:

1. transform into monster (Panto) using keyboard and use haste buff (D by default)
  2. walk around with controller and cancel transformation
  3. all keyboard buttons are disabled
  4. need to restart client
2 Likes

This is probably similar to the sorc riding bug if you use a controller. Apparently the skills when using a controller when transformed or sorc riding aren’t properly bound. So skill 1-4 work but skill 5 is bound to skill 1s button. I would bet money they did something like this with the druid transformation and for whatever reason the game cant handle the improper controller key bindings so it screws up your keyboard controls as well.

Yeah sounds pretty similar. At least I know for now what not to pick up next since I wanted to go for sorc- or at least not for now until they fix controller support while using monster/summon skills…

You could fix it ?
I have the same issue. =/ And i cant see me playing this game in keyboard or mouse =/

I tryed to change joystick buttons but not sucess.

No, sadly no fix so far…
I don’t even know if they are aware.
Just sticking to either not using transform or switching to keyboard if I want to get faster from A to B as Panto.
Let’s hope they’ll fix it someday since I really don’t want to play with anything else than controller :confused:

See this post: Sorcerer C2: Riding Keybinds with Joypad (Critically affects usability, also affects all transforms/vehicles)

Only IMC can fix it. Maybe a lua modification/addon could, but not sure. Until then, gotta use keyboard.

This is better than it was in beta (you couldn’t use controller at all), but still could use a fix.

What a surprise, another old game breaking bug that is still present.

Are you planning to fix this this year or should I reroll again?

I’m bumping this until it gets fixed.

Monthly reminder that druid is broken AF and you haven’t fixed it.

just ran into this bug after getting my druid to r8, c3 and wanting to really use transform/wolf skills

its still broken. imc why

druid transformation and casting carnivory on map grass have been broken since the game launched. i seriously dont know how imc has ignored druids for this long.

@STAFF_Max please! druid players who use controllers have been ■■■■■■ since beta!!!

Bump, just rerolled as a Druid C3, now I’m pretty discouraged.

Same as Kuya_Rx.

Bump.

Yeah, same bug for sorcerer riding too!

It is a shame, why bother with controller support if it doesn’t fully work?

This is game breaking for druids since their shapeshift is now useful.

I’ve been away for 6 months just came back to the game because of the rank reset scroll and made my PD a Druid 3, thinking about quitting the game again because of this one little bug, yeah… it’s that bad and ruins my gameplay experience, I’ve got over 2.000 hours sinked into this game all of it i played with a controller as a Plague Doctor, my brain can’t function play this with a mouse and keyboard. =/

Notice us beautiful people.
@STAFF_Amy / @STAFF_Ethan / @STAFF_Yuri / @STAFF_John / @STAFF_Max / @STAFF_Ines