Tree of Savior Forum

Droprate (hidden) changed again today (?)

so everyone did face the same problem. sigh

when player having fun, is bug. when player is suffering, is feature

3 Likes

Warlock was an example for understand better and easly the changes.
Because Warlock kill a lot of mobs and drop.
But everyone who farm with other character can understand this.

I will repeat myself, maybe my english is so really bad: if you farm 1 item like Battle Bracelet and kill 1 mob you can’t see the difference.
But if you farm a lot of mats and kill everymob in maps, you can see the difference.

4 Likes

@everyone i am so satisfied that i haven’t been playing the game for such a long time despite it’s adorable graphics, i don’t understand what they are trying to achieve every time they “change” the drop rate system it becomes twice as worse than it already was when the whole point of the change was to improve the rates, was it not?

i don’t even know what they are thinking they should have just made drop rates work the same way as the classic mmorpgs :confused:

6 Likes

Yep, I thought it was only me. After HG update, I thought the drop rate was already like that ( WL in Royal Maus. ) so I didn’t milk much from the godly drop rate.

Only found out about the change when I was farming Skull Smasher mats from those Green Charogs, wherein I got 12 mats in just four hours ( some might even drop 2 minutes after the other ). Now, I can only get 2 within that time span.

However, twelve hours ago, I began to farm at the same place again and noticed that a Green Charog Horn dropped exactly 13 kills after the other, and another after 40 kills. ( 500-600 DPK based on Soviet’s post [ Mind you, that I’ve been the only one at the whole map ] ). So, right now. I’m not sure what drop rate do we actually have now.

5 Likes

Read at the very top. What youre experiencing now is exactly the same with others when it was released. The worst was 1.2k and still nothing.

The changed was instigated by the majority, IMC even implemented Nekorin suggestion (The iTOS Muse). Tons of items in the auction proves that the current system flooded the market with DPK loots.

1 Like

Finally the game had a decent drop and they ruined it T_T
I0m mad because we dont even deserve a precise patch note for the MOST important thing in a whole mmorpg

6 Likes

Guys, if you farm 1 type mob for looking an item, you can’t see the difference.
If you kill every mob in the map you will see it.

As a farmer (I farm for 2 people, me and my boyfriend who work and cannot farm a single thing), I prefer the “easy” drop like some days ago.
Why?

• It’s easy, and no stress.
  • Finally we might compare who has already tons of silver.
    And yes, I’ve farmed for both in 1 year, when we had DPK.

I’m tired to farm a single thing per hour for 1 of 500 items to build a bracelet/necklace/weapon/everything.

With increase drop change we finally drop, isn’t stressful and there are more things in Market and prices will be lower so, everyone can buy them.
Yes, everyone. Not only who uses for a year a Necro farmer and take tons of silvers.

For my experience of farmer in Tos (I farm in everygame, yes, I farmed a lot in Ragnarok, so I know what I’m saying), the economy right now is ruined thx to Necro AFKers.There are 2 solution:

1. Check every account and see how many silver everyone have.
  2. Check every account and see how many have Necro.
  3. Check what kind of expensive items a player has (lv high gems, weapon, armor, etcetc)
  4. Check attributes, if they have like on all characters (yes, I know in my server who has all attribute at 100 in everycharacter because he was an AFK Sorc (macro pots, he said in guild) Necro.
  5. Put a limit of Silver.
    If 1 and 2 were TRUE, then delete Silver (an amout of silver)
    If 1 and 2 were FALSE, then don’t delete anything.

BUT this is a really bad solution. So I don’t suggest it.

The only nice solution will be put the drop like days ago.
Because everyone can drop everything and easly, sell it to market to lazy players and do silvers.
Woah, it’s like a REAL GAME!
If there were’nt Necro, this drop should be good.
But we had Necro who farmed a year.

5 Likes

Why nerf again? Players asked for higher RNG drops not the ■■■■ low RNG that is no different from high dpk.

And this.

7 Likes

the drop rates were really good and farmable after HG updates. But why again nerf it again without any prior notice, clearly we all experience the same thing, its really frustrating.

At least let us know? Instead of leaving us hanging, and wasting all the time we spend to farm our mats

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @GM_Francis

7 Likes

Funny, when I logged out once not long ago I saw TOS patching again for que.

Most likely these changes are server side other than client side. They don’t even need to update anything on our files and to change drop rate.

What we know so far:

1. they made a public announcement about their intention of changing drop rate IN THE FUTURE
  2. as soon as they make this our drop rate changes drastically. Even tho drops are not raining like water it’s a lot easier to obtain items like Dawn Crystal.
  3. drop rate is nerfed again to the ground

My bet: they noticed that they accidentally applied these changes and ninja reverted

6 Likes

We still have no confirmation if it’s nerfed.

It’s inconsistent by design.

Not sure if nerfed or reverted but indeed it was nerfed since Hunting Ground patch.

This version of RNG is even worse than DPK because now we can’t even swell a guaranteed drop :frowning2:

The new DPK changes aren’t here yet so whatever you guys are experiencing right now is strange.

Why not? Don’t you swell every pull? Or did you manipulate DPK to such an extend you only used swell once? Just swell every pull. That’s what the skill is meant for.

Not really. I’d rather have a 0,0000001% drop rate than having to kill 20000 mobs to make it drop for a random guy just passing by the map.

2 Likes

when the HG updates came, the drop rates became better as if they changed it to RNG, however starting from the day before ytd, the drop rates were nearly impossible to farm with like most of the people that comments on this issue, because we have been active farming for lots of hours thats why we noticed the changes.

I just ran a few hours farming test.
So far i see no difference between today and HG patch change…

6 dawn crystals in 48 kills. (Lucky i know)

That sucks. I always hated the DPK system because instead of hunting for rare items, I was just doing kill counts until something dropped. When I heard they are changing drops to be a mixture of DPK and %chance that goes up with kill count, it sounded so much better.

Nothing is more disheartening than knowing you have to kill 20,000 mobs for a single drop to even have a chance to drop rather than it just being a 1% rate.

DPK makes drops not feel like you got lucky, but you had to turn your brain off and slave away.

2 Likes