Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Part 2: What are the Solutions?

Is the DPK system even officially confirmed to be true? Because i play in idToS and i have gotten 2 goggles from Vubbe Archers consecutively (like 0.5 seconds apart). I have also gotten one other item of the same type (cotton shoes) just 3 mobs apart (killed in less than 3 sec time frame). The channel itself isnt really populated… These 2 incidents really made me question the validity of DPK system. I got both those 2 items from the lower right part of the map, which mobs have a fixed spawn rate.

An explanation for such an event can be that the monster has more drop slots than one for a specific “item”.

It’s difficult to say for sure what kind of system they are using, without diving into their server code or have a developer confirm it.

However, what my experiment proved was that it is NOT a random, fixed drop rate system that is usually simulated using RNG.

The way the drop pattern behaves is most consistent with a counter based system which is similar to DPK hypothesis.

Although, take note that not every item drops using this non-random system. Most common items are dropped using RNG with a fixed drop rate.

Please note that BOTH drop systems are in the game, DPK and RNG.
This varies from item to item.
Goggles are 1%, so it’s a normal RNG drop.
Cotton Boots are 2.5%, so it’s a normal RNG drop as well.
Items with ?% are assumed to be DPK.

I like the way that you show both pro and cons, there’s no perfect solution but I would go with 7 as well, RNG gives the player excitement for each kill while a cap for DPK guarantee drop would make unlucky players still be able to get thei items for their hard work :slight_smile: