Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

I think dpk dont work inside dungeons?:thinking:coz I got 2 anti dark property necklace recipe in 1 mob…or 7 kills got 2…:thinking:…sometimes full run no drop…sometimes I get 5 pcs in 1 full run

1 Like

Cant test that one, dungeon instances are created for one hour and its random. Lets hope its RNG.

1 Like

Not sure how other country goes but i can guarantee its legit on indo tos. Oh, and before you all start whining, read on tosbase whether the drop you’re searching for is RNG or DPK.

Btw, can anyone explains how dpk relate to jackpot (shiny) monsters? i’ve killed 2 shiny lizardmen but still got 1 bloodstone on 250-ish kills. is it completely unrelated or is there some hidden mechanics?

Thats a great question, i can tell you is that it does not count towards DPK*.

I.e. you can kill a white,gold mob and on the next normal mob drop the dpk item.

• There is 2 theories here:
    1- The white/gold is a pre-set mob with itens already associated on spawn
    2- Killing a white/gold mob is equal to killing X amount of normal mobs.

This theory apply to the blue mob, its either a pre-set mob with high base experience OR it counts as killing 500 mobs, A way to test this is by checking the jornal log before and after a special monster. I never did this tho.

I cant be sure but maybe glowing mobs doesnt give extra counts for dpk. When I was hunting blue fragaras gem, i killed quite alot of those glowing mobs, especially the white ones. The glowing mob seems to bypass the dpk. They drop things listed on tosbase for example

White glowing mobs will drop alot of white name items, never (or rarely?) drop blue stuff. Gold glowing mob will drop white items and blue items. For the blue fragaras’s case, there isnt any blue items listed so it dropped only white name stuff. The amount of drops from gold mob seems like double of white mob?

I have my character ‘afk’ at Tenet church 1F everyday and killed quite alot of these white ones. They drop the white name equipment and gems(white name as well), but not blue stuff. The gold ones seems to drop those Tenet equipment recipe (blue item name) everytime. Not sure about the amount but the white Pawndel usually drop like 2 red gems while the gold one will drop more. I noticed the glowing mobs never drop the Pawndel shaft(1900~2100dpk) or Thresh 2-H sword(7125~7875dpk). I got quite a few of these items but they dropped from the normal ones.

There seems to be another thread talking about shiny mobs here matches what I said.

In short, the glowing monsters will drop things listed on tosbase. Things with exact dpk listed will (always?) drop, things with ?%dpk or very very low % drop chance will never drop. They seems dont drop things require over 1k dpk as well. If the glowing mobs can giving extra dpk, monster gems should be dropping like rain in tenet church 1F (lol). I’d say they give +1 dpk.

I’m a bad person so I will wait for the time when the DPK for the wanted item is almost complete. No hard feelings because this is intended the game wanted.

And how do you do that?

If you know someone’s farming at a steady pace in a certain area, you can stalk them and try to get the last kill for the drop. Harder in practice than in theory.

@simpulse Just because the game allows it, doesn’t mean it’s proper or nice, check laws IRL, there’s plenty bad stuff you’re technically allowed to do you wouldn’t tell you mom about. So… Yes, bad, bad boy. :joy: ------- Unless it’s a bot, killsteal the **** outta them.

I have a question which I’ve gotten mixed answers to.

I was told that gems function on DPK. For an example, Earth Spectra I was told netted me about 10k kills before a guaranteed drop. I killed nearly 8 before I finally received it.

But then I was told gems are random; they’re 0.01%.

Could someone shed light on this?

so probably it’s RNG? unless op is so unlucky that someone stole his hard work twice.

Haven’t read the whole thread but can Oracle bypass the dpk? Thx

Oracle’s Change skill will count as 1 kill towards the dpk. Not useful against common mobs but extremely useful against unique spawns (mobs with a 30 minute spawn timer).

Registered an account just to post this.
I really dislike the DPK mechanic.

Was farming for a venier recipe all day on Monday and the maintenance reset the DPK. That was my bad for not finding out about DPK before I started farming it.

Spent 6 hours after the maintenance to farm it. When I was at the 1000 kill mark, some random just came in and started questing. I was super worried that he would have gotten it. Mind you that it was pretty laggy after the maintenance. And it seems like the dodge rate was changed, making my lvl 178 scoutC3 died like 3 times.
Thank God that I still got the recipe in the end.

tldr, DPK makes me hate other players.

4 Likes

yeah me too :slight_smile:

What exactly does this mean? You can’t kill them near their spawn point?

No no. It just means that the drops from a monster are determined at the point the monster is killed, rather than when the monster spawns into the map.

Has anyone tried farming today, I’ve went 1500 kills straight and no single drop on kugheri sword, gave up eventually, which never happened before after the top down update.

New DPK update. Farm for stuff and get banned. RIP Players
Hey IMC @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia

1 Like

Someone could’ve also stolen your DPK kill because the DPK is currently server-wide. Ridiculous system. I feel sorry for everyone that gets robbed after spending that much time farming.