Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

Actually fot 315 mats, it works for me better, i dont get to play a whole lot, so by having it be rng i can be asured to farm at my own paste without the need to wait for dpk… Not a bad trade off

But that is selfish reason, but hey, i play solo lately anyway

It has ups and down. Some people like me prefer it to drop at 500 kills average then 2x drops. Much easier to craft or you can profit a lot if you can farm on those maps.

1 Like

i’m happy for the change because now guilds or other people can’t power abuse other peoples hard work ( i’m not taking into consideration game etiquette or the various social rules people abide by). holy moly 6 monster gems yay for them not being life-drainingly hard to farm for + now gems will be easier to level. lv 10 gems will be possible sans cheating.

3 Likes

The change is absolutely better than it was previously. It can still improve, for example having DPK and RNG running jointly is my preference, but it’s undoubtedly an improvement. I can imagine further tweaks will come in the form of adjusting individual item drop rates, as some are ridiculously high.

1 Like

IMHO, i’d go for both, DPK and RNG/drop rate

3 Likes

I misspoke a bit, it depended on the drop rather than the monster. For example there were some mobs where you could pillage materials just fine, but would never get even a white rarity recipe or item after 500 pillage rolls of coins/materials. Also, some mobs when looted for gems gave you a totally different gem color than the mob normally dropped, and the gems would always be level 1 which is another reason I think it was using an older table (since higher level maps were changed to drop higher level gems in a later update). I believe there were simply different drop tables for normal drops vs. RNG looting drops and they ■■■■■■ up in adding some items to that table. It just seems like the type of mistake IMC would make.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm about the Dawn Crystal Fragment (The hardest material to farm for Phada) is now dropped through RNG and not DPK? so those players manipulating the price for mats and Phada itself will be forced to either sell it low or stop hogging the map. :joy:

Yeap I farmed both HG and normal map for 2 hours. Both totally rng. Only got 4-5 per hour, similar rate compare to brown stoulet. Probably I need better killer for red maiden for better drop.

no-one ever farmed those fragments, they just farmed brown stoulet helms and had an alchemist friend convert them into the fragments

Good change for the decreasing population/low population of iTOS.
The high numbers of KPD were just too bad for many items (looking at Battle Bracelet e.g.) & combined with the low mob density, to make any sense and milled people down while grinding.

I did that with my 1st phada. Now i\ll just farm the shards myself :smile:

go hg and farm it, it’s way easier.

p.s i am so done with my emengard sheidl and magic stick.

1 Like

Do tell where? :kissing: I’m going map to map exploring each HG dungeon

dpk is still there… last night farming r8 mat
i got 1 drop only after 600 kill

I got 2x yellow cato antennas after just 30 kills the day before yesterday, maybe they ninja “fixed” it again?

Nope, its just that random now. You can get really lucky and drop several under 100 kills. Or the opposite and not see a single drop closing the 1000 kills.

2 Likes

230hg

20charatcer bs

one drop isnt enuff to confrim specific dpk anyway all 315 dpk mats drops from 1- 1200range

not sure if anyone have it at any higher but this is for now after collating kills from all over from various friends and discord. it seems possible that its a rng dpk more likely.

That does not drop from silver or gold clovers

I had the DPK items from Pystis dropping after 30-40 kills, 400 kills and the highest being at 800~ more or less (always made sure to be alone in the channel, by the way).
My aim was to understand if the new system was about giving you a random number in range between 1 and 650 (the highest DPK number I ever got pre-patch) and it didn’t look like this with my highest now being 800~, still, I think I can’t really complain, with some dropping after 30 or 40 monsters, IT IS still a huge gain… the only downside I can see about it (and the only reason why people are complaining now) is that you can’t really swell the mobs anymore with Thauma when you think you are in range of dropping, but you’re forced to swell on every cooldown… still, yesterday I made 17 DPK items, pre-patch, 6-7 was my highest in the same hours spent… this is definetely good.

3 Likes

I like the changes and what it did to Swelling. IMC essentially reduced its necessity without actually nerfing it.

Thanks for the numbers too.

1 Like