Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon/Lancer build

So I recently came back to tos after 1 year of absence, the thing is that I had a swordman c2-hoplite c3- doppel c1- dragoon c1 or something like that.
Now I want to know if dragoon is still viable(I think that the next patch will buff dragon helmet removing sp consumption through time) I want something like swordman - hoplite - dragoon - Lancer. What do you guys think? Is there any other build that synergises better with dragoon? Cata instead of hoplite maybe? Dragoon or Lancer viable at all? The main use will be pve, but also i want to be decent in pvp. And also what would be the goon and lancer skills more adequate for that matter?
Thanks in advance

I have a Dragoon Cata Lancer and I liked it, not the strongest and lag makes the dash type skills annoying to use…

but is fun…

This is what I’m currently using, but will make some changes once episode 11 hits (I also suggest you reading the topic since there’s lots of discussion about the classes, I’ve also left some explanation behind my decisions).

I’m waiting the Dragoon changes to see how it goes, but I’m also inclined on trying Hoplite / Barbarian for a while instead of Dragoon. Barbarian’s Cleave and Seism will finally be able to use while mounted, so you can take advantage of both buffs and the main dps skills.

2 Likes

This is the skill set you should take for hop-goon.

For swordsman you can stick with 3 bash for knockdown utility in PVP or go all in on Bear if you decide you want to tank for some reason. I don’t know Lancer.

• Dragontooth is well worth 15 points because of its defense ignore. The charge time is less punishing with each skill point invested. In Episode 11 the charge time is being reduced too which is great.

• Serpentine is a garbage skill worth 1 point only if you need filler skills.

• Gae Bulg is only useful for bossing and still lacks an aiming mechanic which makes it difficult to land reliably. Worth a single point if you like raids/world bosses.

• Dragon Soar remains the signature dragoon skill and dps.

• Dethrone has had its sfr neutered to the of being a 1-point wonder skill. Use it to root enemies.

• Dragoon Helm is in a bad spot with insane SP drain and a movement speed penalty the former of which will be addressed in episode 11.

• Dragon Fear is the best of a bad lot. Pumping your remaining skill points in this should give you enough uptime on the AoE Attack Ratio + 3. You should also be using this before soar as much as possible. The only time this AoE will matter is going to be in CM as Drakonas Frieno and Abyss set are some BIS and give insane AoE.

• Dragon Fall is your near screen clear with infinite AoE Attack Ratio and is getting a buff to 2 OH in Episode 11. Hit your enemies with spear throw first to shock them (Dragon Fall hits twice on shocked enemies).

• Pierce is an amazing boss killer. Level 13 because you need the utility from spear lunge/spear throw

• Synchro Thrusting is useless. Its secondary effect for 2h spear is not working at the moment and probably would not be enough to fix the skill.

• Sharp Spear gives flat increase to critical damage dealt. Great to use with a Zega Spear + Infroburk gem.

• Spear Throw will shock a heap of enemies with its 16 AoE Attack Ratio. Great set-up for Dragon Fall

• Spear Lunge remains a 1-point wonder skill. Gives the same debuff at level 1/15.

• Finestra continues to be the pride of the hoplite. Boosting your crit rate substantially and synergizing nicely with Sharp Spear. Great to use with a Zega Spear + Chafperor gem.

• Stabbing has underwhelming AoE Attack Ratio and a weak hit box but delivers great single target damage (PVP/World Boss)

~Azura Skyy

really nice write up. Im currently rocking Cata > Temp > Lancer and Im not happy with it. I plan to swap Temp for Dragoon and then maybe Cata for Hop but not sure on that yet. I got a few questions on gearing. You mention Zega spear, isnt that a low level spear? i currently have a Asio Spear. Also the Drakonas Frieno and Abyss are BIS, how long will they take to obtain on average?

Its a swap. I switch to my Zega spear to use finestra/sharp spear and then swap back to my velcoffer.

Abyss are 40M for the bracelets or you can do weekly Irredian. I’d guess you’d get the magic stones and maybe the recipes within 5 weeks if you try to make them yourself.

Drakonas are monopolized by one guild at the moment and I recommend staying away from them until they aren’t artificially inflated (atm a set will cost you over 1B)

Ah I see, very smart. What are you running in your 3rd slot? Dragoon, hoplite, X? I see some people picking up Barb nowadays.

Also do you have any experience with lancer? My guild said it was a strong bossing choice but I got my asio spear all red gemed and plus 8 but my friend who’s a BM literally kills everything including bosses much faster than me.

My build is a bit weaker than alternatives. Barbarian would make you a better boss killer because of Frenzy alone. Hoplite is going to be the one dealing the damage with pierce (+dragoon helm gives an additional hit).

Peltasta offers some survivability I find quite useful for soloing content. I can run Kraujas effect and not die if I active guardian since Guardian at max attribute/lvl offers something insane like 64% damage reduction (further boosted to 89% with a solmiki shield+beetow(guardian gem)).

CM7 - I still blow through a ton of SP potions and bring a few HP elixirs just in case. Its worth noting that I swap to my velcoffer gear at CM6 and have nearly maxed attributes. CM7 is no joke. Other builds might have an easier time.

Hunting Grounds - Peltasta makes HG a pleasure with all of its pull. Dragoon is punchy and fun to use here but Scouts or even cata/pelt/doppel would be a more optimized build if you care about that (just for HG). I’ve updated my gear since to include AoE attack accessories to make up for the lack of it found in dragoon skills. I use Abyss Bracelets + Nepagrista Necklace. Mirti bracelets offer half the AoE at an accessible 3M ea.

I have a trans 10 high enhance Velcoffer so its not fair to say I do well at World Bosses except to note that despite having peltasta (effectively a 0 damage class) I can hold my own in ranking at WB. I can’t comment on Velcoffer as I haven’t done that raid since I got my spear.

Good luck,
~Azura Skyy

I just asked a few questions on your CM7 video. I like the content btw.

^From your YT comment. I think it should be here too.

• At the moment hard shield carries over from weapon swap but they are working on a fix to that according to ktos
  • Pelt is important to me for the lovely outfit. I think its important for my particular play style but leaves my build in a weird hybrid spot; not quite a tank, not quite a DPS.
  • If you are doing a lot of party content you will not need Pelt unless you want to tank Boruta or maybe Velcoffer if your gear is low. Be advised too new level 400 gear is coming in the next month or two.
  • I was playing something similar in pre-rebuild. Pelt 1 > Hop 3 > Doppel 1> Dragoon 3 in rank 9 was an incredible farming class for HG. In r10 it was the same except Doppel 2. I knew going into RE that Doppel would not synergize well and they were neutering the double drop skill it had, so I cut that and continued with what was left.
  • Never played lancer so I can’t comment. I’d advise against Lancagoon though. Dragoon is in a bad spot and outshone by many other classes. Hoplite Catalancer is probably a better bet.

I appreciate the answers. I’m going to Drop Temp for Hop in my build to make it the classic Hop > Cata > Lancer but Im not a huge lover of Cata anymore as I find they drink SP super fast with Acro Mount and their skills give good AoE and CC but not great damage. I feel like when the barb changes come that their skills can be used on a mount then ill drop cata for barb for better buffs and similar AoE/CC. If Cata’s skill pierced instead of slashed that would seal the deal for me as the synergy from Hop would be there then but right now its a filler class at best and i’m fairly unhappy with it. Goon Lancer was a option on the table for me but after reading your opinions on the goon class I feel like I should try Barb first.

Hello, guys.

Does anyone know if Dragontooth ignore enemy’s defense is bug? Because it doesn’t work w 1h spear, just 2h spear, but skill’s tooltip says:

Spear attacks increase critical damage and ignore part of the enemy’s defense.

Or is just a bas translate??

It’s a cool skill and I want to make a combo with Retriatius’ Pull Rete.

The DEF Ignore is only for 2H, the tooltip was fixed in KTOS.

1 Like

Thx, bro!

20 characteres

I’m currently playing with your build. to a little complicated because my old build was damage, and this one is not so strong, but I’m liking it. any equipment tips? I’m lv 230

I’ve abandoned Dragoon for Barbarian. This build isn’t really the strongest, I play on one of my alts because I enjoy it. Mainly a boss dps build than anything else, and with Barbarian I feel I can improve my dps via buffs better than Dragoon’s skills right now.

While leveling you should focus on your weapon, get a primus closest to your level and try to refine, if you get a nice refine level you don’t even need to change for a while. Around 350 you should start looking for some better armor, four leather pieces if you want more damage or plate if you want more tanky. At 400 you can start farming for Planium to get a legendary Savinose Pike, that will help tremendously on your dps, enhance, transcend, refine. If you plan on keeping the build then you can look for more advanced stuff, Velcoffer or Savinose set and Abyss Irredian accessories.

1 Like

can you put me your inclusion including the barbraro in the build so I can just take my curiosities?

@Malthael
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yxfaztxh

• Frenzy - Gives +40% damage buff when at max stacks, you can keep it up easily with your skill kit. Use a multi-hit skill right after you activate it to get your stacks up (e.g. Gigante Marcha, Rush, Pouncing), otherwise the buff will fall. Also gives attack speed for faster animations.

• Warcry - Another damage buff, this one works like a taunt, debuffing the enemies to take more damage and giving yourself a damage buff based on how many enemies were affected, up to 25%. Use on a group of enemies to get the max stack or vs. a boss to reduce its defense.

• Seism - A nice little AoE stun, pretty useful to keep boss in place for the Crush+Quintain combo, if you don’t miss the 2 overheats that is!

• Pouncing - Works similar to Rush from Cataphract, although probably the weakest of the AoE “spin to win” skills from Swordsman tree. Could use some more buffs.

• Cleave - Cleave has a lot to offer, but lacks a bit of base AoE ratio, it will increase depending on your character’s AoE though. Provides some crit rate and slash-type attack damage buff, so you can use it right before Rush/Pouncing/Seism to make them stronger. Will also knockdown the enemies and do extra damage vs. stunned ones.

• Embowel/Stomping Kick - Can’t be used while mounted because kicking while mounted is hard!

In the future, Swordman will be able to use Gung Ho and Bear together, while having a new buff for threat generation that can have one of the two passives that increase damage dealt or reduces damage taken. And also, some of the animations will be adjusted.