Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon choices

1. After lurking around forums for quite a while as well as asking around, I’m most likely going to play this build:
  1. Having some doubts, I played this build before on ICBT2(except dragoon of course) and it was really fun with all the barb offensive skills to burst down enemies
  1. A little variation from the top, sacrificing more hits on concentration for swash buck mainly and guardian evasion buff (I do not plan on using shields, only spear+dagger / 2H Spear)

Is there any reason for me to go back to my old choices(2 and 3)? or does 1 really perform better on the game’s current state?

The reason why I am having doubts is because of our limited weapon switches which only allows 2 quick weapon set switches, If I ditch finestra for builds 2 and 3 and only took one dragoon for spear skills, I can manage without having to rebuff finestra every switch or waiting it to be off cooldown.

It’s because Dragoon C2 might not be worth it or something better may come out, making finestra a bit bad?

I might also ditch dragon completely with the possibility of the game buffing up pistol shot for c3 corsair.

1 Like

Basically, read the guides, both of them. We explained everything we could about your builds.

Basically, first option is better because of synergy and Barb doesn’t add much to Dragoon and Corsair choices.

Yeah i’ve read them, which was said on #1, but I’m having doubts really since we dont know how rank 8-9-etc might come out to be

Don’t worry too much about it, man, the game is currently so unbalanced, that we will probably need to rethink the entire build from zero every time they will intoduce new patch and Rank.

There is no futureproof, basically. Go with best options, you are limited enough already.

I guess that’s what I’ll do, the main thing that really worries me is the weapon locks on certain skills that we might get on higher ranks.

Weapon Swap is still a thing. You can have up to two weapon specializations, depending on your build.

that would remove the finestra buff and have it on cooldown though, right? (if switched to non spear)

is this one going to be a spear dagger combo? noob here havent tried the beta and looking for a good corsair build, is the option 1 pve/pvp build? and can it solo bosses?

on ICBT2 i used #2, never tested #1 yet, but I did test hoplite, and yes it has a lot of anti boss bursts as long as you fire your skills at the right time.

what are your thoughts on Swordsman1 Highlander3 Corsair2?

cause im thinking of going sword1 highland3 then decide after if i will go corsair or hoplite before dragoon? im in a dilema which to choose

dragoon u will use 2h spear, so theres no point going corsair

I see no weapon restrictions on Dragoon except the 2-H spear attribute, I really like corsair on my builds for dragoon so i’m not willing to change that, but for barbs/hoplites/etc I’m possibly looking for other options than the first one listed, but it looks like that one is really the best for the current patch

@raine_wargod I think highlander will get a nerf on Skyliner so I’m not entirely sure about it. Hell, I’m not even sure about Dragoon but that seems to be my only choice compared to templar and shinobi… I think Hoplite would take you further away on ranks since 150 Crit rate is a lot, but you might end up only taking upto hoplite c2 since corsair starts at rank 5

u can use spear + dagger but u get bonus dmg if u use 2H spear

I’m actually thinking of going dragoon but not using 2h spear :grin: Not because I don’t like the attribute, it’s sweet and I might have to swap eventually but I want to see how synchro thrust performs in comparison.

its not good enough, really

Of course it would be good enough, the attribute only applies to big monsters and bosses. 95% of the time in the game you’re fighting either medium or small ones.

Edit: unless you ment synchro thrust, do you not realize its stronger then pierce or something? And also scales much better with new content?

high level u will fight a lot of elites (and they are large monsters)
and 2h do more dmg with all skills and auto atacks

Regardless, its not the only modifier you rely on so dont bust your balls over 20% damage, your uptime is also important. Cause that 20% wont do that great on autoattacks.

Everyone needs to stop this way of thinking - if I dont get this, my character will never be as good as the others. Its bullshit, check the damage formulas if you think a character hinges on one +20% modifier. That 20% is a drop in the sea.

which build are u going for?

if im right i saw u in another discussion ur gonna go for sword1 pela1 hop3 dopel1 dragoon right?

Im going swordie- pelta - barb 3- doppel - dragoon. It synergizes best for what I want to accomplish, which is heavy hitting multihit skills. Preferably crits.