Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon 2 Handed spear build help

Hi everyone!,
First of all i’m new on this game and i would like to get some advices, i’m running a Swordsman1>Peltasta2>Hoplite2 and base lvl 150.
I’m looking for a link or guide/can suggest me which is the best possible build (based on my previous combination) for Dragoon class more oriented for 2handed-spear?.
My biggest concern is what classes to pick next, how to place points in stats and also if it’s a good choice to focus more on a 2hand spear build.
Also if it’s possible i would like to know what it’s the best build atm for pvp swordsman (probably i’ll do another one oriented for that).
Thanks!.-

Pelta 2 / Hop builds tend to go for 1h spear + shield because Pelta gives you the ability to use Swash Buckling (best mob grouping skill in the game atm) and Hop gives Block through Finestra if you’re using a shield.

However, I’ve seen many swordman builds going 2h sword/spear and still taking Pelta 2 because of the crazy tankiness Guardian skill gives you (+100% physical/magical defense, +150 evasion & -20% damage taken).

You can:

• Keep following your build, which tends to lead to Pelta 2 Hop 3 Dragoon 3 Reiti 1. This is a good build because Dragoon 3 is pretty damn strong by itself, coupled with Pelta 2 for tankiness and Hop for Finestra (mostly) it gives you a very good damage/survivability. Without a shield tho, this build is slightly more uncommon (though not impossible, i’ve seen a few) because shields give you a huge boost to survivability in comparison to the amount of dps you lose (approx ~20% less dmg with 1h spear).

• Switch to Cataphract build, which is the “most common” Dragoon 2h spear build, since you “protect” yourself using your mobility, dodging attacks by keeping moving around, and open up the possibility for Lancer at rank 10, which deals a very strong dmg to single targets (mostly bosses) in comparison to Reiti 1. You can still be a Pelta 2 with Cata 2h spear build, since like I mentioned before, Pelta gives insane survivability, or you can kill that insane survivability for very very slight more damage in a Swordman 3 build (not worth it imo).

Both builds are very good actually. Dragoon is among the most “independant” swordman classes, meaning it’ll perform well regardless of other classes you pick for your build. Cataphract loses on damage compared to hoplite, but brings a lot of utility (farming, leveling solo, doing quests, and also pvp) due to move speed. Do note swordmen are kind of “eh” at pvp atm.

If not going for a mounted build, you can also consider taking levels in Barbarian, since it gives you Cleave which increases Dragon Soar damage (your strongest skill as Dragoon).

EDIT:

2h Spear Skill builds:

Hop:
http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1133444fffi.253555.1a3a4a.1f3f5a71.1d214f5a7581.152545

Cata:
http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1133777fffh.253555.1a3a4a.2f3f8a65.1d214f5a7581.1555

Hi Graylaw,

Hope you have not follow the advice from top. Let me explain why

1st : Retiarius skill require 1h spear/dagger.
2nd: Catagoon is totally useless as for now and cata new skill “arcobatic mount” don’t even boost any of pelt,hop and dragoon skill.

So what else you can pick for 2h dragoon?

1. SM1>pelt2>hoplite3>dragoon3>barb1 ( solid build ) * require debuff everytime eg: cleave from barb = 50% slash dmg, spear lunge from hoplite = 50% pierce dmg

2. SM1>pelt2>hoplite2>barb1>dragoon3>shinobi ( burst type , but you can only clone dragon soar and dragon tooth. ) Not recommend

3. SM1>pelt2>hoplite3>dragoon3>doppel1 ( with cyclone aoe and DOV lvl 5 give you extra 13% dmg boost ) * if you dislike debuff play style

Trident Finisher doesn’t require dagger and Dagger Guard isn’t worth it.

Acrobatic Mount boosts only Cataphract & Lancer skills.

I mentioned in my post you could also build with Barb 1 for Cleave.

Ok first of all thanks for all the replies guys!,
Now i have to admit that i’m a little confused with all these options lol.
Of all the build i think that the jhgohrick works best for me (option 1 or 3) but i like to ask something.
For barb tree the only skill that i have to use is Cleave right? what about the rest? And the doppel tree is for cyclone?.
Is there any difference if i go barb1 then dragoon3 instead dragoon3>barb1?.
Thanks again!.-

And with my othert point…
The Swordsman class is not very usefull for pvp? I heard great thins of Retiarius isn’t that?.
Because i would like to do another Swordsman fully oriented for PVP…-

Option 1
SM1>pelt2>hoplite3>dragoon3>barb1 ( solid build ) * require debuff everytime eg: cleave from barb = 50% slash dmg, spear lunge from hoplite = 50% pierce dmg

Combo would be : Serpentine ( increase phy dmg +50% ) > cleave ( increase slash dmg +50% ) > dragon soar (slash type skill )

Option 2
SM1>pelt2>hoplite3>dragoon3>doppel1 ( with cyclone aoe and DOV lvl 5 give you extra 13% dmg boost ) * if you dislike debuff play style

Cyclone do have good AOE ratio and DOV give you extra 13% dmg boost.

There is no different between barb1>dragoon 3 or dragoon3> barb1, but would suggest go for dragoon 3> barb1 due to class level is very hard to lvl up.

Disagree on Shinobi > hoplite 3 or doppel 1 statement.

Shinobi will only outperform if you able to kill everything within the shinobi clone. Let take Velcoffer / World boss as a case study, you will lose dps because your main Damage skill is on cooldown ( Dragon Soar). Edit 1 : Skill cooldown will increase during shinobi clone

Thx for the repplies Vakariane!
If i go Lancer as last pick, all of his skills require a mount to be perform right?

Great, thanks again!.
My question about barb1>dragoon 3 or dragoon3> barb1 was because if i choose bard as last pick, will i be able to mantain the appareance of dragoon (skin) and i’ll be able to equip 2handed spears with no problem right?

Ok, and the last… do u guys know a fully oriented build for pvp swordsman?
Is he really bad for that? If u have to do a new swordsman what would be your build? Thanks!.-

Meta for PVP sword at the moment is at least Ret2 (e.g. Ret3, Murm1 Ret2) for foot builds and Lancer3 for mounted builds.

Sorry for late reply, too busy with work lately.

If you are talking about the class icon display at your last rank, i think is not important. But if you pick barb 1 > dragoon 3 then you will having a hardtime to max out all your dragoon skill because class level is very difficult to lvl up. But if you get barb 1 at your last rank, you don’t even need to get much class level is because you just need lvl 1 cleave for the debuff effect

I’ve gone sword 3 > cata 3, are there downsides to this?
Why is the recommended = pelt 2?

cata only provide mobility which is you dont need for pve and all of the cata skill % is very low compare that pelt 2 give you almost full duration guardian ( x2 your pdef and mdef ).

i actually want cata just so i can run fast lol.
So im actually comparing sword 3 to sword 1 > pelt 2, not to cata

oh then is easy, 3 gazing golem = perm pain barrier and survivability > dmg.
Even with with lvl 100 attribute double slash still do normal dmg .

ok so u recommend sword 1 > pelt 2 instead of sword 3.
I have a swordie with shinobi unlocked, does shinobi fit well with catagoon?

you can check back my previous comment on top

Never go Shinobi in a Cata build. Shino skills will unmount you, cancelling your Trot and prevents you from using mount-only skills.