Tree of Savior Forum

DPS Wizard class build other than Wiz3-Ele3-Wl?

Is there any Full DPS Wizard class build other than Wiz3-Ele3-Wl that anyone would like to recommend to me? I had a character with the build, but I guess it’s not really my thing. Perhaps something with Cryo, Chrono and/or Linker, but still DPS? Or anything really, it doesn’t matter. I’m the type of person who likes trying new crazy combinations of classes rather than following what’s in trend these days. I’m not looking for the perfect build, just a build that I’m interested and would enjoy it for a long time.

well u have a few + options:

All these builds are very nice for DMG, and very fun to play :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wiz3 psycho3 featherfoot gets my vote.

Featherfoot efficiency gets down without linker.

Warlock should be the best fit for Wiz3 -> Kino3.

My vote goes to the 1st build.

I voted the 3rd choice due to the build having lots of cc so you can pull off those channeling skills better. Like the blood sucking skill and ofcourse psycho skills as well. Linker isn’t bad either since you can link mobs at the cost of cc and extra offensive skills to be party oriented. IMO the psycho skill that pulls mobs together is pretty good at doing what linker does except without hangmans knots reduce aoe defense attribute. But first build had flesh cannon and flesh hoop which is nice with linker.

Not really. Normal mobs don’t need hard disables for blood sucking to be used efficiently. JP + HK is enough for it. Soft disables such as soft knockback can be blocked by reflect shield. Going for kino -3 -> ff means you can’t burst down using jp - hk - blood bath. For boss fights kino 3 -> ff is fine since you are mostly aiming for the boss.

A fun build is cryo3/pyro3. Also does loads of damage. Really love the cc + snowball + fire balls aka death ball. insanely high dmg with it.

A build i’m currently making is:

Wiz1/cryo1/kino1/linker3/necro1.

I will explain it.

Cryo1, gives freezes + ice wall, its good for linker as you can freeze monsters up that you link + ice wall for kino pp attack.

Kino1, pp for icewall, your basically instant win button every minute, and if there is another cryo in the group or pyro, just blast every 20 seconds your way to victory :stuck_out_tongue:

Linker3, you need a support class ( as elemental/wl gets only seen as real dps class and taken ) so linker will do.

• lvl 15 + monster gem = 11 links = 176 maximum hits it can have, linker 1 is only 50 maximum hits which is really low, breaks non stop.

This makes it possible to cc with ice spike + ice bolt 11 monsters at the same time ( without 10 ), it also provides for massive damage burst for your team and it also provides you with stat sharing between eachother. Also it provides extra dmg + cc through knot.

Necro1, reason for 1 and not 2 is, rank 1 already gives you max hits on flesh canon ( basically your frost cloud ). so most of the damage already comes from rank1, flesh cannon hits for 16 times, that times 11 = perfect max hit for linker3, with a lower then linker 3 chains will break earlier and damage will be reduced by a lot. Also linker adds more damage on top of it through attributes

So basically you got linker + heavy burst every 20 seconds ( as linker and necro skills are practically on the same cooldown ) and even more burst every 60 seconds. Your

The pets of necro are just a bonus, flesh shield or whatever its called also works well with linker.

Also peopel will pick you because of linker 3, as any class that isn’t wiz3/ele3/wl1 will be seen as support on wizard class in my experience.

Im doing this one (Lv 234 atm). Feels pretty good. (nearly FULL Int + 25 into Con)

The Sorclocks (Sorc2Lock) that have pyrolinker as prerequisites are pretty decent at the DPS game.

Some idea that could work.

With KToS Patch comming in the end of this month (We hope at least T_T)
HellBreath got a nice buff but overalll, pyromancer itself got a pretty amazing buff.
In my opigion, pyromance it really understimated, it got alot of tick/spell making it scale really well with int/MATK.

Pyro3>Chrono3 (Also got pass with rank 8 spell when it come)
Wiz3>Pyro3>Warlock or something else (Hell Breath and QuickCaster for a total of 225% damage on firespell ?)
Pyro3>Cryo3 (Good amount of cc, Fireball + Snowrolling, Ice Tree + Fire spell work really well together.)

I saw an interesting Cryo/Kino/Runecaster/Warlock build
Overall Cryo/Kino can give you quite a loot of choice.

problem with pyro is still fireball getting random kicked and hellbreath beeing worhtless without atleast wizard #2, otherwise it gets interrupted by a SINGLE RANDOM HIT.

Also, sadly, many earth tower floor 1-20 mobs are fire resistant and pyro only deals 50% damage to those…

For me, the best option besides ele3 is w3kino3-wlock, it’s a really underrated build. You can deal a great amount of damage (more than 95% of the game classes) and be able to cc at the same time.

If OP is looking for a true specialized dps build for wizard wiz3>ele3 is it. As far as the future goes warlock is still stuck in speculation purgatory till we see real data on rank 8 skills.

• While wiz3>kino3 is strong it does not excel in raw dps like frost cloud does…err I mean elementalist?

• Wiz3>pyro3 is full dps, yet lacks the ‘oomf’ that comes with ele. You’ll feel less like a weapon and more like a slow cooker against mobs with tens of thousands of HP.

• Wiz>pyro3>chrono3 is higher burst than wiz3>pyro3 but will never be considered a true dps build.

All things considered wiz has very decent options for both DPS and support. Unfortunately, elememe is the superior choice as a specialized DPS and by a large margin at that.

You can come up with a huge variety of other solid DPS builds by adding support (typically linker), as others have mentioned already. If you’re willing to compromise a 100% damage role you’ll have many choices.

This is my current build:

I have 40% attribute on Flesh Cannon with around 790 matk + arde, and with Divine Might this is my current damage on bosses in Missions.

1 Like

So, how do you enjoy a build for long if you can’t use it for end game content?

Fun build is meant to be fun, but not for a long time.

I suppose wiz 3 linker 2 necro 2 maybe okay for you as it deal considerable dps, while still has some use in ET.

Your build look exactly like mine (even my FC is 40% attribute :grin:) except my Energy Bolt is lvl 5, Reflect Shield lvl 3

But when the card system arrive, the Centaurus card should provide enough AoE ratio, the cat buff will be less valuable :weary:

Not really. +5 aoe atk ratio is still very strong, when you consider that items like Glad band, manamana etc only give 1 aoe atk ratio each. The dark buff gives 50 free dark atk and the sp buff lets you recover sp quickly even without a bonfire.

Also there are a lot of good cards to take into consideration, from huge % modifiers to stats amd %i boosts, Servant has pretty solid buffs for free points.