Tree of Savior Forum

DPS Cleric: Physical or Magic?

Hi, I’m planning to build another cleric(I already got a support cleric) but as a DPS class. I know DPS clerics cannot be compared to top tier meta builds from wizard and swordsman but having another source of Heal while doing decent damage is quite a good thing specially on group contents.

So…Should I go Magic or Physical? I’m not sure which is better on damage but i got builds in my mind for both

Physical
Inquisitor - Zealot - Paladin (paladin for unli source of SP, and quite tanky)
Inquisitor - Zealot - Druid (druid for wolf self buffs and healing grass)
Inquisitor - Paladin - Druid (more utility but lower damage compare to other 2 above)
not interested on Monk and Chaplains coz its kinda weak - monk is fun tho

Magic
Crusader - Exorcist - Druid (META but as far as possible, I want to avoid meta builds lol)
Crusader - Exorcist - Paladin(again paladin for unli SP and tankiness, can be converted to magic class)
Crusader - Exorcist - Sadhu (sadhu is sadddd but has the highest Int stat in cleric - just for the stats)
Crusader - Exorcist - X (coz Crusader and Exo are the best in DPS for magic clerics)

Im not sure which is better between Magic and Physical clerics but I might probably choose the build with paladin for both(SP and HP is life)

Magic DPS Cleric, no doubt about that.

2 Likes

Magical. They have better DPS, better survivability, better party support.
There’s pretty much no reason to play physical clerics over magicals, unless you like the class aesthetically.

2 Likes

It’s great that Clerics are the only legit hybrid class, I also have a slight preference for magic, mainly because of the buffs.

Exo-Druid-Crusader has the lowest DPS at the moment compare to Miko and Sadhu version. However, it easy to use, and you can semi-support the party with grass. You can also use Koinonia + Grass for Storm Ark synergy, it’s super fun xD

Super tanky for both Aggro + DPS/Self heal. I used this build a while ago to carry new players in CM, stage 3+ barrie spams, and Legend Glacia easy mode. Super fun at the same time!

Sadhu has the highest DPS at the moment with Ataka + Punishment Ark. Even before Punishment Ark introduced, Sadhu still out DPS miko. I think it’s really goes down to using Sadhu’s combos. I didn’t like it at first either, but I outperformed Miko after getting used to Sadhu.

1 Like

Interesting post. So the way to go for dps cleric is basically Crusader and Exorcist, and then you add a third support or dps class of your liking?

1 Like

For magic dps cleric. Yes, that’s correct.