Tree of Savior Forum

DPS Chronomancer support?

As Title Looking for Chonomancer DPS idea suggestions
Would really like to play a chrono 3 dps but with 7 ranks I dont think its posible right unless:

Wiz 3 pyro 3 chrono ?

Would this be worth going for instead the 3x cryo wariation?

my other ideas are:

2 cryo 1 psycho 3 chrono

1 cryo 2 psycho 3 chrono

Also

Crono; psycho; pyro; - Some combination of these + some summons
(really like the idea of buffing summons with chrono)

How about: Wiz > 2 Pyro > Thau > 3 Chrono ??? or 2 Chrono + Nekro or summon??

Help me decide Im trying like a whole week. Dont know what to do xDDD

I want descent dps for high lvls + chronomancer support. It would be realy cool if there was some summons in there to benefit from chrono!!

Cant have everything I guess…

If you get to much to choose from you can feel paralyzed

the paradox of freedom of choice I guess :confounded:

use the skill sim. as u know sorc and chrono both start a rank 5.
sorc might be hard to play without c2 so you are left with only 1 circle in chrono rank 7… then again idk how well the summon aggros so u might be able to sorc c1 chrono c2
the best would be sorc3 and party with chrono3

chronomancer is 100% support so it takes away dps, and since its on later ranks…
basically its highly recommended to have a focused theme when making a build
i.e single target dps, aoe dps, healing support, utility support, cc utility support
when u have colliding themes each takes away strength from the other and it ends up a half-@$$ed build
remake your theme and start again

instead of having someone feed you a line of builds the fun of Tos is making your own. I can give you tips of making a build I find to be useful.

Since you can make MULTIPLE character on your account, focus on 1-2 themes that really sync with each other. you do not have to stuff everything into one character. I feel like the wizard tree has the most unique utilities. the key is to sync them well together.

the next point is skills. it is better to look at skills rather than classes. one way to analyze skills is to count how many skills are actually useful
there are people who put down class paths but thats because they know the skills well and already know which skills are good.
for someone starting out, i suggest you analyze an entire main class (wiz, cleric, archer, sword) by looking at each class the main class has to offer. count how many skills are complete trash (because i assure u there are a few) and just delete them from the skill list. you would then choose a class path, and count how many skills remain in total. keep in mind their cooldowns as well.

the next important thing is to remember is that the game is designed for you to get rid of old skills and replace them with stronger, new skills as you go up. the scaling of a skill’s dmg is horrible. it usually doesnt go by % but by addition. keep in mind that entire classes might go useless because they simply dont scale. go for good utility and % buffs

the final point is to prepare for the future. this means that you should not plan your build to go until rank 7 but until rank 11. if you look at the costumes and names of the later ranks on wizards, you will find more utility based themes. this is my opinion but the niche of true dmg based ranks will be less than half, maybe 1:3. if you look at the color of the class symbols right now the ratio of dmg:utilities is 7:7 and MOST of the dmg based classes arent optimal (featherfoot, pyro falls off on dmg, wizardc3 which only relies on the 50% magic buff after 2 ranks, psycho falls off on dmg and is an unreliable source of dmg, rune caster has 2/5 dmg skills that have 8sec cast)
imo the future of wizards will lean towards a support utility role as a min part of their class pool rather than aoe dmg. with 1:3 or so viable dmg based ranks available this limits the dmg based class path to 1-2 with variations considering swordies and archers make no sense having much utility they will most likely end up being the dps dealers in the future.
so keep that in mind when making a build.

I think Pyro3>Chrono3 or Pyro2>Link1>Chrono3 can consider, main gimmick is to use PASS to refresh low CD skills like FlameGround and FireBall,
so you hv 4 fireballs and 2 flameground, it will still good if u spend $ to up their attribute to 100% damage.
Also, you can enchant fire to shoot faster, and this build is more for solo leveling and dungeon partying, this build doesn’t seem rigid in rank7.

Cryo2>Pyscho1>Chrono3 compare Cryo3>Chrono3, Cryo3>Chrono3 is mainly IceTree mobs pulling in dungeon and earth tower, the PASS will make you cast IceTree more frequent. Cryo2>Pyscho1>Chrono3 is more about reload Gatling gun shooting, but SP consumption is issue, it is something like Asura Strike in RO but sadly we have no instant full recover mechanism in ToS, you need keep SPR low and keep high SP regen equipments. It is not practical in normal leveling.

What you think people about the

Pyro2 > Thauma1 ?

Would it give same damage like Pyro3 with swell hand?? Going full int and using the int - con balance skil whenever needed for more sustain?Seems legit to me, I never played any wizard paIst rank3 so I might be wrong.

also

a completly diferent build

Cryo2>Thauma>Chrono>Nekro2

Would this thauma chrono buffs be good enough to buff nekro summons?
also goin full int with the int - con transfer + Cryomancer ice shield + Nekromancer corpse shield

Seems good to me? Thoughts?

have u played icbt1 or 2?
if you havent i suggest you copy a build for your first character instead of making one. go for an easy, standard build like wiz> pyro2>linker> pyro3
it will be easy early on, but harder later. so once u understand the basics you might just want to delete it and make your own character then.

Pyro2 > Thauma1
Yes, the damage comparable to Pyro3 even surpass it if you max the attribute, however at high rank the +210 atk seems quite negligible in lv250+ content.
Thaumaturge is fun but not as useful as it suppose, Swell Body / Shrink Body in relatively small AoE and melee range, the 10s seems not long enough to make sure dungeon mobs killed under 10s unless u hv Musketeer.
Peoples chose over Linker for its multipurpose, especially it is tree of dungeon now, and linker to speed run dungeon is more prioritized.

Cryo2>Thauma>Chrono>Nekro2
I think this build is okay, main damage is Necro2, the primary skill Flesh Hoop require melee range, and Cryo2 subzero shield, thauma’s tranpose, and slow can help you to stay close. Necro2 summons AI is handicapped, but if it fixed Necromancer can actually compete with Elementalist in top DPS bracket.
But yet, i dislike many C1 in single build, it is not efficient as you need constantly press a lot of buttons, don’t do that if you are casual and lazy player like me who is minimalist.