Tree of Savior Forum

Doubts about my necromancer build

Hello, im currently leveling a necromancer and i want to know your opinion on my build possibilities:

Wizard 3 > Linker 2 > Necro 2

• I feel like this build will have nice support and damage but ill have a rotation gap of some seconds, so i dont know if it will be as good

Wizard 3 > linker 1 > sorcerer 1 > necro 2

• Now people say “never go sorc 1” because the ai is ■■■■ on the summon, but heres the catch: What if i ignore summon and go for familiar servant and salamion? Is familiar dps any good? Ill have shoggoth that as people say “Its good but no temple shooter” so ill have my meat shield. That would help me with the rotation gap and salamion should be good i think.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Added simulations

I’d like to go for Wiz3-Link2-Necro2 in the future too, so let me bump this thread. Let’s see if there’s a necrolinker here willing to tell us about his/her experience.

I’ve Studied a bit before creating a necro so let me help you a bit.

Chosing Linker is a good Option, you’ll give your summons an AoE attack by linking enemier together and ALSO gather multiple corpses at once, which will be very useful since the gathering corpse mechanic sucks.

However, if you go Linker 2 i dont recommend going Wiz 3, you’ll find yourself with little options to deal damage and mostly waiting for Cooldowns to come back to be useful.

If you do go Wiz 3, then i recomend going Cryo and Linker, this way you can optimize even more your necro mechanics by having some extra damage and freezing, which will help you coordenate Flesh Cannon and let your summons attack better.

However, if you do wanna go for Linker 2, go full control, Cryo 3 Linker 2, you’ll have damage from the 3 ranks of cryo and the utility from linker 2, which will make you almost impossible to kill on pvp since you’ll have so much freeze and also enchance your support abilities with Spiritual Chain.
Also, with that much of freeze and links you’ll have a great time using summons and will certainly have no problem using Flesh Cannon since enemies will be frozen in place.

The reason for having Linker 1 and Linker 2 is personal preference. Most of the time, linking 5 is enough to clear mobs and having the extra 3 link isn’t much of a big deal if you can clear half or most of the mobs. In the end, it is up to you. Save the extra rank for another class or go the extra mile if you feel 5 is not enough. The good thing here is you can try linking 5 mobs from C1 and see where you want to go from there.

Sorc C1 is good as it is when you are experienced on how the AI move. Sorc C2 is taken for the positioning of it and the boss skill. I, myself, have only 1 cicle on Sorc because of NecroC2. It is still very good with the help of support class like Linker or Cryo to position them better.

Going the WizC3 route, you are going to focus more on damage build rather than summons if my assumption is correct. Flesh cannon will be godlike with quickcast. The downside is the Sorc C1 having no buff to it but as I have heard, you can use a boss that uses magic auto-attacks to complement with it but haven’t tested this myself.

Out of stubbornness, I’m making a Wiz3 > Link2 > Necro2 as well. I’ve already gotten to Linker 2 so I might as well pummel through and see how it works and let you guys know.

I’ve taken @Bibsfirra 's suggestion to heart prior to making this character, and agree with most of it.

On the flip-side to what he’s saying, my experience in the Open Beta with a W3>L2>Sorc1 helped inform some decisions I’m making now. I think we will be playing a pretty supportive role in any party situation with our links. Our only soloing options will stem from burst damage (Joint Penalty > Hangman’s Knot > Magic Missiles > SummonSkill / Flesh Cannon). Thankfully, demolishing 8 linked enemies in one go is worth the trade-off in my book. The silver drops later easily make up for the SP pot.

Again, will keep you guys updated in a couple days when I hit N2.

If you go Sorc1 you absolutely need to level summon, even though the AI is not too good the dps it has is way better than salamion

My Necro’s a Wiz 3 - Linker 2 - Necro 1 - (going) Warlock 1.

Wizard 3 is, in my opinion, a must if you’re going Necro for Flesh Cannon. You’re going to need Quick Cast a lot and Surespell helps quite a bit too. However, if you’re wanting to go Necro for its summons, I recommend focusing on Sorcerer 2 instead as its Summoning skill seems to be way better than Necro’s.

Linker 2 is alright. Can’t tell if it’s the best choice but it’ surely isn’t bad. Biggest reason for you to take it is the extra links because people often break Spiritual Link. The extra links are great because it allows you to hit targets outside of Flesh Cannon’s tiny AoE as well as reduce more targets’ AoE Defense Ratio to 0 (SS -> QC -> JP -> Cannon -> HK). In comparison to the Sorcerer’s Summon Servant’s AoE Attack Ratio buff, I think that the extra targets for JP/HK is much more reliable unless you’re sure to have a Cryo 3 on your team.

It’s true that I often find myself running out of skills to cast but honestly it seems the whole party does too outside of my Joint Penalty. JP just makes things die so fast and the everyone seems to like blasting their best skills once its up, leaving nothing for the leftovers. I’m taking Warlock next though so it should lessen that problem.

If you decide not to take Linker 2, I recommend taking something that would not rely on links as you already have Flesh Cannon, Flesh Hoop, and Magic Missiles that greatly benefit from it, and that’s not even counting the rest of the party yet. Sorcerer 1 seems okay but I personally wouldn’t want the SP drain to add to my Corpse drain.