Tree of Savior Forum

Double Punch rework, new Monk skill and Sub-weapon

I’d like to start with why my idea of rework for the Double Punch skill.

Currently Double Punch is the main skill of the monk, but the high of SP forces him to be excessively dependent on SP potions, especially if one is Monk / Zealot.

My idea is to make Double Punch skill similar to Lima with skill of the Schwarzer Reiter.

More or less the description would be like this:

Double Punch Lv.15
Focus your strenght in your punchs. While Double Punch effect is active, a “Gauntlet” normal attack is possible.

Duration: 300s
Additional Damage: 200%
Hawk attack 23 SP Consumption
SP: 0

Type: Melee / Buff
Cooldown: 30s
Requiered Stance: 1h Mace and Gauntlet / 1h Sword and Gauntlet / 1h Rod and Gauntlet.
Companion: No

New Sub-Weapon: Gauntlet.

When you think of a monk, think in a body-to-body fighter, so you must have a weapon that represents the class, and which allows the use of the skills of the class (in this case the monk).

And this new Sub-weapon can be used by cleric and swordman classes.

Finally a new skill called Meditation.

I consider a skill of this type to be useful, I base it on being a skill that can be used out of combat and in return to give utility to the stamina. The use of this ability during combat will be interrupted by any blow.

Meditation LV.5 (Monk c3)

Focus your mind and senses. Recover HP and SP.

HP Recovery: 1000 per second.
SP Recovery: 200 per second.
Maximum Duration: 10s
SP: 0
Stamina: 2/3 Max Sta.

Type: Magic / Buff
Cooldown: 90s

I use reference values, therefore they may be unbalanced.

I hope it is to your liking and in turn useful.

3 Likes

Reduce the sp cost or go back to being a stamina pill addict, monk is just a sp guzzler now more then half the time I’m starved for sp.

I prefer the sp than the stamina.IMC did a good choice
to make it consume so rather stamina.

3 Likes

You must be a troll lol

Nope sorry,I main monk since close beta and having 102 stamina didn’t help me a lot even with them huge sta pills.

Just my opinion on the new sp consumption over the stamina.No need to agree or disagree because it’s how I feel not you lol and I want to share it.

I personally have no problem with SP management even with me spamming DB but I had lots of problems when it was stamina base
…lol my pills couldn’t keep up.Even if DB is a filler I would have to wait like 16 seconds for my pills to go off CD while all my offensive skills were still In CD as well.Missing 16 seconds of DPS is a lot but with SP usages I still can perform my Zealot skills and other classes in my build.

It’s easier and way better “FOR ME” to manage my sp over stamina when it comes DB.

3 Likes

I also prefer SP double punch, and DP is in a great state right now. You have a lot of diferent SP giving potions, which also proc Glass mole, so it’s gut for that too. Stamina was plain stupid, if you had red bull you could just double punch for 10 minutes non stop.

Also i have Zealot / Monk, yes it consumes a lot of SP, but it’s nothing you can’t heal up with a Lv 15 SP potion form market. If you need more constant SP buy also NPC potions.

If something had to be reworked from monk that is Energy blast and Iron Skin, which are 2 skill which aren’t used at all most of the time.

3 Likes

I think that was a nice change (sp>sta), the problem is the cost of sp.

Yeah, we have the sp potion of market and npc, but there’re others classes that can do more dps/damage with less sp consumition.

My idea is change the AA by DP, i think could be better and more handly to the people with high ms (i have a lot of problem when my ms is high).

If i didnt remember bad, in the closed beta the sta pill didnt had cd, but that is not the case.

@ArenaWaifu
Iron Skin yeah, sure need a nice rework and Energy blast i think could be more strenght, because is the “more powerfull skill of the monk”

1 Like