Tree of Savior Forum

Double Pay Earn Redesign

Dear Players and Designers,

i want to suggest a change to “Double Pay Earn” to make the skill more intuitive to use and more thematic than it is now.
Currently the skill is not delivering when it comes to the background. A Doppelsöldner is supposed to take a high risk for a high reward. He has to fight for his reward and make best use of everything he has got.
As the skill is now it will do the exact opposite. Instead of taking a risk the Doppelsöldner will wait till the end to activate the skill and might even stop to attack (especially at boss fights) to win the last hitting game. This is especially underwhelming because it reduces the overall impact of the Doppelsöldner at the end and makes the higher risk part unimportant because of the short time window.
This is the reason i suggest a change:
Split the skill into two seperate uses. An anti boss mode and an anti normal mob mode.
Make the skill a toggle spell, that can be switched off and on every 2-3 minutes. Hitting a boss will reset the skill cooldown.
The anti boss mode:
The Doppelsöldner does no longer need to last hit to get the bonus. Instead he has to do a specific percentage of the total dmg that is reduced by the skill level (example [31-skilllevel]%). If he manages to do his share of dmg Double Pay Earn will be triggered regardless of the killer. If there are more than one Doppelsöldner in the party their dmg is added up and the total dmg is added up as well (maybe with a formula to take the skillevels into account).
This way the Doppelsöldner has to live up to his name and do as much dmg as possible while avoiding or blocking the attacks.
Field Mode
Because the skill is now a toggle skill its not usable as it is now. That is why i introduce the hunting mode. Every 30 min you can mark a monster on a map. All monsters on the map will do double dmg on you. Every x seconds (based on skill level) you will generate a charge. Any time you kill a targeted monster while holding charge the monster does double drop and give double exp and the charge is reduced by one.

I hope you like my suggestion.
Share your oppinion below.