Tree of Savior Forum

Doppel / Highlander / Barb skill path

Hello, I’m trying to remake my sword into a Doppel / High / Barb but i’m struggling with the skill path. Can anyone help me with which skill to pick ?

I’m open to any build, as long as it does dmg (especially on bosses) and has close to no weapon switch.

Thanks a lot !

Second this, I’m looking for a similar build.

This is what I’d suggest:

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ydx2uarf

You can exchange Zwercchau for Sturtzhau, because of the def ignoring effect of the skill (make sure you pick lvl 1 Zwercchau though), however, I prefer Zwercchau because of the slightly bigger AoE.

Always take lv 1 Zwercchau and lv 1 Zornhau, as these two skills trigger ‘combos’ for Zucken/Redel.

Don’t neglect Highlander’s Skyliner, it’s strong af against single targets. It gets +70% dmg and +2 hits against bleeding targets, making it deal 416% x 4 skill factor against such targets. Moulinet is also pretty strong when used after Crown. Highlander is a boss obliterator class. Use Bash knockdown + Cartar Stroke combo to deal more damage against mobs.

Make sure you get 3x Prison Cutter cards and 3x Rajapearl cards, for obvious reasons.

This build is truly a monster against bosses, but it is very squishy due to lack of shield and DoV making you take +19% damage. Make sure you get high trans plate armors to make up for your low defenses. It’s also a good idea to focus on CON stat, as STR provides very little physical atk to even matter.

Barbarian is the true monster of the swordman tree. Frenzy and Warcry are insanely too strong. Make sure you always have these two skills up. As for Frenzy, the attribute is currently buggy and does not work, but as soon as it gets fixed you’ll want to max that attribute.

My build so far…
Swordie: Lv5 Bash, Lv5 Gung Ho, Lv5 Pain Barrier
Highlander: Lv14 Cartar Stroke, Lv15 Crown, Lv1 Cross Cut, Lv10 Skyliner, Lv5 Moulinet
Barbarian: Lv15 Cleave, Lv10 Seism, Lv10 Frenzy, 10 Skill pts remaining
Doppel: Lv11 Deeds of Valor, Lv15 Sturtzhau, Lv1 Zornhau, Lv5 Zucken, Lv5 Redel,
Lv1 Zwerchau, Lv5 Cylone, 2 skill pts remaining.

How I go about playing this build:
Scenario 330 dungeon:

• Activate Gung Ho, Deeds of Valor, and Pain barrier in that order
  • When the Dungeon starts run and gather as much mob as you can, then activate frenzy and immediately activate Cyclone.
  • This will fill up your frenzy up to 20-22
  • Activate Deeds of Valor and Pain Barrier whenever you need it.

Here are some combos skills I use:

• Seism > Cleave or > Bash > Cartar Stroke
    I use Seism to Stun mobs so that Cleave will have an additional 150%
    damage to the Stunned mobs. Then while the mobs are Knockdown, I hit them with Cartar for the 2x damage effect on Knockdown monster.
    Bash has more AOE Attack Ratio than Cleave that is why I put it in between Cleave and Cartar so I can have more mobs be knockdown to hit with Cartar Stroke.

• Crosscut > Zornhau > Zucken > Redel > Sturtzhau
    Here I use Crosscut to inflict bleed and Zornhau to inflict Shock which Zucken and Redel additional Damage boost, I just add Sturtzhau at the end for additional Damage.

Lastly

• Crown > Moulinet > Zwerchhau > Skyliner
    Crown inflicts Shock which gives Moulinet additional damage, Zwerchhau inflicts bleeding which give Skyliner additional damage.
    I use this combo on bosses most of the time since it feels like its my most powerful combo.

Hope this helps in a way. :blush:

1 Like

I would use this one - https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ybgyof3r

So far - ther is no point in playin the named build. your burst damage is leagues less than the damage fencer - matador - anything can do. You have 0 survivability NO invul frames. 0 dodge, 0 block and just basic def, that makes you basically 1shot wonder in pvp. You depend not on buffing yourself, but on debuffing your target. Bleed fails - half damage, shock fails - half damage, Crtitical attack bonus from highlander is irrelevant because your basic attack so high, you will mostly see +50% crits, your loot buffs and damage buffs have no arrtibutes. Preety much anything can kill you regardless of your gear.

In pvp ( feud/tbl) you will mostly die by scout that will press annihilation/bloody overdrive when you come close and kill you while being immortal. And you have no means to resist or block it, If you try to block it with highlandr’s block, you will die blocking. Average scout will kill you even if you have t10 velco set, you don’t have enough damage to breach PD healing factor, adn will run out of sp before you kill a murm - peltasta. Your most powerful skills in pvp - pouncing and cyclone.

This build can’t even farm hg because you need peltasta for agro. The only thing is is useful for - doing cm, but fencer can do the same and better. As for bosses kiling - you can do some damage only if boss is standing still wich won’t happen for - velco, asio, wastrel, half the wold bosses.

One big disappointment.

310 swordie here, I might not be good expert on the level gaps that really matter, but I say this

Barb is indeed a beast of a class. Cleave and warcry turn the 90% slash based arsenal you got into pure devastation with it’s debuffs. I myself don’t use cartar or wagon wheel as the ol’ good bleed and skyliner combo is pretty great addition your rotations. With maxed crown, you can keep shock up indefinitely too and seems like shock works like it used to be. Makes magic based bosses and mobs MUCH, MUCH more bearable…
Why I don’t use carter? It used to be great skill if you employed it well with the bowling effect and the extra damage to mobs that can’t be moved did make it great rotation filler as well. I mean, it felt unique and rewarding to use when you achieved that state of game sense that using it on the mobs didn’t eff up your party members’ AoE. Not to mention the sexy numbers when landing one on a boss…