Tree of Savior Forum

Does Tree of Savior have cpoyrighted music?

I recently started a youtube channel with uncut gameplay from various games. A few weeks ago I started playing tos again after a longer break due to medical reasons. So… having a Youtube channel and playing tos I decided to post a few videos of tos, so I did and after I uploaded the first video, it almost immediately got a copyright claim. Here are the stats:

Content
Music Prostitute - Symphonix
Sound recording
10:18 - 10:51

Claimant
INgrooves
On behalf of: Audioload Music

video link: https://youtu.be/RY0GwjyCvFc

I had similar problems with other games, but there it was simply similar music being recognized as something that it is not. In this case however the problem is slightly different. Music Prostitute - Symphonix is part of the tos OST. If Tosbase’s bmg list is to be trusted than this track plays in 24 different maps.

Right now my video is being monetized by the claimant, even though no video I upload is right now monetized by me. My question: Does any 3rd party (asides IMC who are obviously not the claimant) have copyright rights to tos music? If yes, can anything be done about this annoying situation except for not uploading any more videos about tos?

…disable BGM when recording?

Thanks for the reply, but that’s not an answer to my question, or more like only a partial one. If asides IMC no other party has copyright on tos ost, and IMC is not the claimant (which is obviously not in this case) than I might go issue a dispute about it. Even if I’m not monetizing my videos others claiming it for no reason without any right of doing so is a significant part of the issue. Unfortunately unlike with other games I never found anything on who has any rights to the ost of this game, thus I’m asking here.

I don’t think symphonix actually made BGMs for ToS. Symphonix has their own band and they just sold the rights for ToS to use musics they had already created. They didn’t sell the music to you so you’re probably not allowed to use it in your youtube vids (even if you’re recording ToS).

I believe It’s different for some other BGMs, like the ones from SoundTemP, where IMC actually paid them to create the tracks for ToS and thus IMC is proprietary of these tracks.

1 Like

I belive if it’s in the game you are allowed to use it.

Just like I did here:

It’s a song from Garbage, but it’s in the game. (:

That’s an interesting assumption. Symphonix is not even mentioned in the ingame credits for game music of tos 1.7 or 1.0. I’d assume the newer credits is the relevant one, but checked both and they aren’t in either lists. Other music studios, like SoundTemp or SFA are however listed properly, but not Simphonix. This kinda bugs me, especially as the few outside sources I found all state that Symponix is just as involved as those that are listed in the credits. Having an actual official statement on this would be nice, not that I really expect to have one, but still.

It’s unfortunate that its legally absolutely possible that the game has the rights to use the track, but other parties still have copyrights, but it is also possible that IMC has the full and exclusive rights for the tracks. It’s even more unfortunate that youtube’a copyright related systems are mostly automated and it’s rather hard to tell that the claimant is claiming because some automation claimed something for them, they are legitimately having a claim done manually (tho that’s unlikely cos my video was not published yet when it got the claim) or if the claimant is just a blatant troll.

1 Like