Tree of Savior Forum

Do Chaplains Need Spirit?

err arent aspergium damage scale with spr ?
or skill calc in tosbase are outdated ?

Some additional information on SPR that might be interesting:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/209093

1 Like

Scales with INT and SPR apprently. So yea you have the option of investing INT to get better aspergillum damage since you get bonus INT stats and not SPR.

Yes CON is important but the purpose here is to:

• survive
  • dish out better heals.

You are a support class not a tank. Let the tank do their jobs, I dont see why we should steal their purpose @.@

So that was tested huh. Good to know.

It’s a team effort.
Besides, if you are taking the damage instead of someone else it’s easier to stay on top of the healing and other supporting.

The benefit of having INT isnt very high due to the large cooldowns on healing abilities so you might as well get a stats with more practical use.

i am going for 1:1 spr/con for survival. i have speced into heal skills too but i dont see a chaplain as a healer at all. the huge amount of points we have to spent in our buffs let no room to be a copetive healer imo. stoneskin and the dmg of aspergillum scales with spr so it was clear for me to go spr.

The scaling of INT and SPI for Aspergillum are equal. The healing scaling of INT and SPI are equal. However, INT has a ranking bonus of 10% more INT per rank, giving INT an edge both for Aspergillum and for Healing.

Spirit is mostly for Stone Skin and Depreciated Zone, so you’d be sacrificing the scaling of the rank bonuses for Stone Skin and Depreciated Zone, among anything else you go for (Pardoner’s Magic Defense buff, Paladin’s Barrier, etc).

The only other thing is that the game has proven we do not need Spirit for SP or SP Recovery, the two big increases we get from having Spirit. Magic Defense is 0.2 * Spirit which is insanely low, and the rest is block penetration. There’s also the word that Spirit helps reduce status effects from being applied to you.

I suppose I should just hold off on even making a Chaplain until the future classes are revealed and what they offer in the hopes to find some other things that scale with Spirit that I’d want to rank into or if they ever change it so that ALL STATS get the 10% bonus rather than just STR and INT, which if they did that, then I would go SPI/CON no problem.

Might be of interest to some.

Just hit level 130 and got to Chaplain, and I went 50 CON and dumped the rest into SPR. Your damage will be suffering all throughout the Priest ranks, but everything gets infinitely better the moment you’re able to get Aspergilium. SPR does several things for you as a support:

• Higher SP pool and recovery (this is more of a luxury than anything else)
  • Higher resistance to status, making it more difficult to cripple you and thus allowing you to support better.
  • Much higher Stone Skin, allowing you to either invest less in that skill or otherwise make your party practically immune to physical attacks
    So definitely if your plan is to be more support oriented, then SPR is definitely the way to go, otherwise I’d suggest investing INT to help your magic damage.

And there’s the question~
I saw some Chaplain running with sword and dagger for more DPS~
On that kind of setup, does stone skin does anything at all like u can actually block attack without a shield?

As long as you have block stat - you can block. Shield just adds CON*Shield_Block_rate to your Block stat.

This is the thing~Block stat will gone from character panel without a shield~I dont have stone skin yet, so not sure if this skill will bring it back~

you may try putting blue gem in secondary weapon (arde).

Stone Skin gives you +1 block rate along with +block, so yes you can block without a shield as long as Stone Skin is active.

i can confirm it i block a lot with arde in offhand

I’m not even sure if my character ever blocked with a shield - I thought that you need the defense stance and press C to block

Without Stone Skin. Stone Skin just allows anyone with any equipment - block.

It does, just usually wont happen without a lot of CON or added block rate~

Are you sure scaling of INT and SPI for Aspergillum are equal???

Aspersion is affected by Magic Damage which is increased by Int.

1 Spr will add 1 damage, 1 Magic Damage will add 1 damage, 1 Int will add 1 Magic Damage.

You get more Int per point than Spr because of the +10% per rank bonus so Int will do more than Spr, but that doesn’t mean Spr is bad.

this is true. nice one supersun, higher INT will give more damage too aspergio thanx too bonus per rank
1 INT = 1,7 damage in rank 7