Tree of Savior Forum

Do Chaplains Need Spirit?

The amount you heal for scales with INT though, so pretty sure it would be beneficial to go INT/SPR/CON mix

This game does not benefit from splitting your stats up thanks to how the stats are scaled. You’re best limiting yourself with INT + CON or STR + CON + DEX in some fashion.

I kinda wish the stat system just receives an overhaul. Ragnarok benefitted from having the stat bonuses for STR and INT every 10 scaling up exponentially, but also making it that much harder to increase stats at levels progressed to the point where you could get 90 Strength, and instead of going for 100 strength which would take a lot of points, go 40 con and get your health up instead.

Eventually, for 1 point of STR or INT in this game, it might equal 4-5 when you put a stat in. Then that point you put in SPI or something else might feel like a waste. Its a pretty poor system.

SPR is rly mainly about Stone Skin at the moment. It scales insanely with it…but I said before that I have no idea if we will need that much Block in any part of the game that it could give.

What I want to say is that if you only put points on INT or if you have too little SPR Stone Skin can become useless… so keep that in mind.

I rly have no idea where the SPR-Shepard thing came from but I think it is not a good idea to assume anything yet.

Also if stats would have a max cap like in Ragnarok it also could help imo.

Stone Skin work properly only with a full SPR build??

Stone skin not work properly with full spr. It just work better scaling with full spr

I just wanted to say we don’t rly know how much Block(SPR) will be needed at the end…and that in a pure INT build without SPR Stone Skin should actually fall off with time imo because it is just a flat number without SPR too…but can’t confirm it either…I think that 400 flat Block still matters at the end a bit too but the question is if it is worth it.

…and Stone Skin as I said scales insanely with SPR… that x4 is rly a lot I dunno if ppl realise it. 50 SPR difference means 200 Block difference.

I made a little comparison with some simple calculations once mainly because Aspergillum here: LINK
But it is just about stats from levels. Also those numbers…are just numbers… We should know how much Block is needed at the end.

Also don’t misunderstand it. INT is definitely gives you insane dps because it is not just about the double Aspergillum damage compared to SPR but also about all of your other magic skills. But both SPR and INT has its uses and I think both can work purely or mixed well with the right skills.

Sry that i wrote a so long post…I’m rly bad at this…X) :sweet_potato:

1 Like

Based on experience (cleric2 priest3 chap) with 40con and rest into Int, i must say… In dungeons most of the time, especially around 190dg onwards, you will find yourself less on the front line dealing damage but more of a support healing and buffing from behind. Not saying our damage is outright bad but… Your main priority is to keep your team alive and you cant if you are dead or using up heal tiles that are meant for party members.

SPR grants you mdef, a far superior Stoneskin which could become 100% uptime with deploy capella.

Maybe more CON would allow me to better dish out damage without fear of dying too fast but… In the end, we are still mainly support.

1 Like

Having more CON also allows you to redirect damage to yourself by equiping Aoe Defense Ratio, or by manually tanking.

CON is probably the most important stat to have as a support. For a support Chaplain I would say a 1:1 or 1:2 CON:SPR build is a pretty good template.

err arent aspergium damage scale with spr ?
or skill calc in tosbase are outdated ?

Some additional information on SPR that might be interesting:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/209093

1 Like

Scales with INT and SPR apprently. So yea you have the option of investing INT to get better aspergillum damage since you get bonus INT stats and not SPR.

Yes CON is important but the purpose here is to:

• survive
  • dish out better heals.

You are a support class not a tank. Let the tank do their jobs, I dont see why we should steal their purpose @.@

So that was tested huh. Good to know.

It’s a team effort.
Besides, if you are taking the damage instead of someone else it’s easier to stay on top of the healing and other supporting.

The benefit of having INT isnt very high due to the large cooldowns on healing abilities so you might as well get a stats with more practical use.

i am going for 1:1 spr/con for survival. i have speced into heal skills too but i dont see a chaplain as a healer at all. the huge amount of points we have to spent in our buffs let no room to be a copetive healer imo. stoneskin and the dmg of aspergillum scales with spr so it was clear for me to go spr.

The scaling of INT and SPI for Aspergillum are equal. The healing scaling of INT and SPI are equal. However, INT has a ranking bonus of 10% more INT per rank, giving INT an edge both for Aspergillum and for Healing.

Spirit is mostly for Stone Skin and Depreciated Zone, so you’d be sacrificing the scaling of the rank bonuses for Stone Skin and Depreciated Zone, among anything else you go for (Pardoner’s Magic Defense buff, Paladin’s Barrier, etc).

The only other thing is that the game has proven we do not need Spirit for SP or SP Recovery, the two big increases we get from having Spirit. Magic Defense is 0.2 * Spirit which is insanely low, and the rest is block penetration. There’s also the word that Spirit helps reduce status effects from being applied to you.

I suppose I should just hold off on even making a Chaplain until the future classes are revealed and what they offer in the hopes to find some other things that scale with Spirit that I’d want to rank into or if they ever change it so that ALL STATS get the 10% bonus rather than just STR and INT, which if they did that, then I would go SPI/CON no problem.

Might be of interest to some.

Just hit level 130 and got to Chaplain, and I went 50 CON and dumped the rest into SPR. Your damage will be suffering all throughout the Priest ranks, but everything gets infinitely better the moment you’re able to get Aspergilium. SPR does several things for you as a support:

• Higher SP pool and recovery (this is more of a luxury than anything else)
  • Higher resistance to status, making it more difficult to cripple you and thus allowing you to support better.
  • Much higher Stone Skin, allowing you to either invest less in that skill or otherwise make your party practically immune to physical attacks
    So definitely if your plan is to be more support oriented, then SPR is definitely the way to go, otherwise I’d suggest investing INT to help your magic damage.

And there’s the question~
I saw some Chaplain running with sword and dagger for more DPS~
On that kind of setup, does stone skin does anything at all like u can actually block attack without a shield?

As long as you have block stat - you can block. Shield just adds CON*Shield_Block_rate to your Block stat.

This is the thing~Block stat will gone from character panel without a shield~I dont have stone skin yet, so not sure if this skill will bring it back~