Tree of Savior Forum

Disscusion ended

well a crit monk is much better than yours…you have less dex and str is higher. My monk has over 50 points more in dex and doing fine. My dmg is super nice even in Dungeons

I Have Cleric 2, Krivis 2, Pala1 , Monk up to 2

I suggest you to read this topic What's the point of going Monk really?
There a lot of usefull infomation. In two words you can go

1. Cleric1>Priest3>Monk3. (I personally don’t like this build.)
  2. Cleric2>Diev2>Monk3.

Yes you are doing fine right now. I think you are 150~165. Dex build will fall off in late game. High crit res. mobs and you can’t dodge magic. Thats why I did 50/50 and now going for STR and CON. Plus you would do the same amount of dmg with STR but you will do stable damage. When in DEX build you’ll need to rely on crit.

Thank you for the reply. That thread you linked is full of bullshit, those two fighting so it’s hard to find relevant information. OP should make a new one IMO. As for this topic, I’d like to see your skill build if that’s not too much of a trouble.

Well when I lvled monk I expected different thing from this class and screwed up. Right now Im lvling new monk with this build.
But you need to know that I didnt fully test it. What I can tell that PriestC3 route much easier to level up solo.

And here is another one that guy suggested. But I dont agree with this build.

Eh, just the skim the long walls of text I made, you’ll get over it. But even I learned a lot as I argued with him, so if you want the information you might want to dive into the rubbish to find it. Wouldn’t really hurt unless you don’t have much time.

If you want to know, there are only three reliable (and popular) Monk builds Two were already mentioned by @ifellming, while the other is Priest 2 -> Cleric 2.

Others will either be experimental (which I’m hoping to find great results later, like the Krivis->Monk builds I see around here) or will completely screw you over if you deviate a bit from the norm. Well, not like the Monk is already screwed end game anyways…

As a guy who appreciates endgame, I highly recommend C2 Cleric->C2 Diev. The reason why is because Diev has amazing late game scaling buffs, an exemplary debuff and also gives you long range magic damage.

You might be wondering why Carve Owl would be such a good skill for a Monk that has STR, but you should look up as to why STR and INT attack bonuses are extremely poor at the moment, so much so that Wizards are encouraged to go full CON without building any INT at all. Owl Carve will solve most of the Monk’s problems, especially his poor ranged DPS, which will be very important at endgame where using Double Punch is suicide.

Carve Attack will be mostly a leveling ability but it can tend to be useful on the occasion that you’re fighting a plant type monster or you’re out of Stamina. It strangely does a lot of damage even for magic DPS clerics, so I reckon it’s going to hurt even more for Monks.

Carve World Tree supplements a Monk’s melee nature by giving you a chance to attack safely without fear of being attacked and/or killed due to area silence. It’s also unbelievably powerful late game which allows you to disable multiple mobs at once, giving you almost temporary invincibility (doesn’t work on bosses though).

And, in my opinion, the best part is that Diev->Monk builds have a much easier time early game than Priest->Monk builds. Carve Attack is great, and you won’t need to normal attack bosses to death like Priests are forced to do.

Also as a heads up, if you are not going Priest 3, Cleric 2 is mandatory. 10 heal tiles let you support a full party on the occasion that you’re the only single Cleric available, and it’s also staple for any PvP build.

Yeah it’s been pretty easy. Im currently cleric->priest3->monk. Im not sure if I should go cleric2 and finally monk2, and which one to pick first. That second build seems confusing, why take priest1? For the resurrection?

Thanks for the reply. What I do know for sure: I dont like diev, I dont like PvP and I will be playing with my friends most of the time if I ever get to endgame. So I prolly don’t have to worry about getting into dungeons. Any ideas how to build this? Currently C1 Cleric, C3 Priest, C1 Monk.

That’s why I said that I totally disagree with this build. Just wanted to show you another variation of the same way.

If you already got cleric->priest3->monk. I would go with monk further to c3. But this will be more like meh pure damage monk. You won’t be able to heal enough to carry out your team if something would happen. But if you got 5+ Mass heal you should be alright as a healer and dd.

It’s decent enough, you are following a popular build and it’s popular for a reason. Just proceed to Monk c3 and get all necessary skills maxed like Double Punch and Energy blast maxed to optimize damage. Make sure to maximize Blessing attribute if you haven’t yet. Get ready to pour most of y our money into attributes because Monk damage will only start getting noticeable at higher attribute levels.

And although you might be able to get into endgame dungeons like Earth Tower with friends, it would still depend on a specific set-up to progress effectively, and your build (assuming you’re going Monk c3) will probably be deadweight there because Priest buffs aren’t as useful at that stage. But not to worry, it’s not like almost every other Monk won’t have the same experience anyway. So long as you have another Cleric friend with skills that can support you (like a Diev, for example), you’ll still have a decent role in the party.

im so glad right now reading this topic and clone of same topic - “monk is bad, i am c1 monk and i going rerol” its mean only me and not many ppls going to monk c3 and i glad for us.