Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

Seems really limited in offensive options, relies quite heavily on landing trident finisher and then you are on standby for 15 seconds.

Only 1 in throw rete seems like a mistake to me I would have at least 10. Drop all but 1 on Vital Protection, too many points spend on a situational buff.

I would invest in some more offensive skills from earlier trees like double slash, just for filler.

2 Likes

I have serious problems with ping, throw rete never hit where I want :frowning:
Use it only to make sure I hit the pull rete.

Vital Protection seems like a very usefull anti-critical buff, i never died for fisical damage when i use the buff but i will think about that.

I claim for some filler damage skill, but it seems like no build with any reasonable damage with rete3 fits wel,
is retic3 basically a build to have just one trick? or should I appeal to the use of a dagger?

aaaand it was my mistake, I use concentrate 10 / double slash 5.

Any suggestions on this build problem (little damage without the trident finish)?

Yeah the only downside I see to using a dagger is that you are missing the block bonus from finestra and losing all the evasion, so you will take much more damage.

That being said it would still be worthwhile to use a dagger and have another strong attack at your disposal, along with dagger guard.

2 Likes

I will test it today.
You are pelta3, Umbo Trust debuff is lvl 1? bloodletting can avoit it?

If anything the points would be better taken out of Restrain, since it has no duration and it already purposeless in your build.

2 more rank resets left and I’m thinking on trying Sw2>pelt3>doppel3>Ret2.

Hoplite doesn’t feel worth it when there’s no murmillo. Only good dps skill is stabbing but also feels lacking in AoE or doesn’t do a good job in wiping out a group of mobs. I’m using vubbe gaunts and 3 centaurus and only trident finish gets the job done. CD is long and sometimes when ping is bad I get to do 1 stab only…

Some questions with the build:

1. Is cyclone and punish the only dps skills I can use with spear and shield?
  2. Are both of them good dps AoE skills?
  3. Once I use throw rete and then bash to knockdown will the mobs get locked in place? Or will they still scatter?
  4. What stat should I focus on dex or str? Especially when I rely on trident finish? 50% crit chance.

In fact restrain procs very well with blandir cadena (and the bleed) / stabbing, and are also nice with trident finish to make people who resist on silence dont make a action

You could take Corsair as “low lvl” filler dps.
Impale dagger and Hexen dopper workst with net & Iron hook too.

I dont see any other good (Pierce) dps cls … below R8

Thinking of this: http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#113311a3iii.234c5f6a85.113c4f6a85.11254475.1527314f516a7185

Sw3 Pel3 Rod1 Ret3

I’m unsure though if Pel3 is worth it for Umbo Thrust, or should I go Pel2 Rod2 instead or another pick (Pel2 Rod1 X). Perhaps Dopel1 or NakMuay.

This is my build just with Rete2 Murm1 instead at the end - reason being that pelt3 damage is very low without murm attributes.

If you are just using it for armor break and not for damage, that is fine but your offense is seriously limited to just trident finisher and blandir then.

NakMuay instead of rod1 may be a good choice so that you have constant filler damage, missing out on shield charge sucks so it would be more of a pve build.

EDIT: Pelt2 Rod1 Nak1 would be OK but there are some redundant skills there, so you would only be taking Rod1 for shield charge really.

1 Like

In your experience, how much increase (%) in damage does armor break does? You can just provide a rough estimate (I understand it may differ based on how high enemy def is if I understand the skill correctly).

seems like 30% more dmg… is a lot.
but for pvp is kinda of meh because is a lvl1 cc

1 Like

Thanks guys, I think Sw3 Pel2 Rod1 NakMuay Ret3 would be the next build I would try. I’ll return to my old build if it doesn’t suit my playstyle.

From 200k to 300k for me. Around 100k damage boost.

1 Like

anyone tried templar + reti 3 for TBL?

templar has the max MS buff that last for 9 second at level 5 and combined with Reti nets looks scary

templar 1 not really worth it, but templar 2 > ret 2 with full con is pretty damn scary. templar c2 has shield charger which gives you a 2nd hp bar (like an energy shield from a scifi shooter) that is equal to 65% of your HP and regenerates upto 200% of your max HP. so if you have 150k HP then you’d get a green bar that has 97k and regenerates itself upto 300k. think of it like ein sof for swordsman.

1 Like

@Remiri you’re 100% sure that shield push silences? i was under the impression that it gave our attacks a change to knock the enemy over, not silence them (i’ve seen your previous post pointing toward online info saying it silences, but have you tested it yourself in pvp?). the attribute at c2 extends the unbalanced duration to 10 seconds, which just seems completely overpowered considering the cooldown on shield push is only 15 seconds. basically every 15 seconds a rodolero c2 can silence the enemy from 10 seconds? i’ve fought many rodoleros before and never once been silenced for 10 seconds by them.

1 Like

shield push can debuff lv2 with silences and cant attack if get attack will knockback/down.

1 Like

Yes…
But isnt that broken, is hard to hit

I tried, is really usefull on gvg but you have better options for tbl.
but in fact is very funny to use battle orders and rush to the enemy base before they get buffed haha

1 Like