Tree of Savior Forum

[Discord Community] The TOS Discord (All Servers)

I’m in multiple TOS discords and I’ve yet to see anyone from this one troll others. The only nuisance I’ve seen on any TOS discord… there was someone from ToS Community that messaged people in Mindy’s trying to get them to join that one instead… I didn’t even know Discord poaching was a thing until that. Her discord has over 250 people online at any given time. She can’t control the entire community outside of her server. That’s why those other Discords can ban. And she can ban people from hers if they get out of line.

Of course the snapshots seem ideal. Why would she take pictures of mundane chat?

Honestly, the first thing I noticed when I entered this server was the guild tab. My first thought was “this was most likely a guild discord that turned into a community discord.” That’s really not that uncommon in MMO games. Back in FF11 my guild’s forums became a popular community hang out for my server.

This is your second negative reply on this post. If you have a problem with Mindy or Elysium, then say that and keep it there. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with this Discord or the way it’s being run. I’m on Klaipeda so this server doesn’t help me all that much in-game and I don’t know who Mindy is outside of the discord. My only bias here is that a user on this server helped me out a lot when I first started playing, before I found a server with more Klai.

1 Like

“That’s really not that uncommon in MMO games.”

Neither is my opinion. If the server runs fine, it runs fine. People can ignore my opinion. The earth continues to rotate.

But , saying that ToS community catfishes for people, doesn’t make you any different than me in pointing fingers, as well as it doesn’t change the fact that most discords do exactly the same. Including this. I find even the official reddit communities distasteful sometimes, but that doesn’t stop anyone from having their own opinion, so why ostracize me for mine? Denying it would just make you sound like a naïve and utterly defensive child.

“My only bias here is that a user on this server helped me out a lot when I first started playing, before I found a server with more Klai.”

^ Your statement alone doesn’t give much credit at all to your entire post. It makes you even more hypocritical.

I’m just a Discord hopper myself, browsing through communities, with my own opinion of things. Positive of negative, we’re on a forum, and this is exactly what we do. Comment.

1 Like

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, if you connected you would see that during peak hours it’s very normal to have activity that is quite similar to every screenshot on this forum.

I’m blatantly advertising myself as a guild leader and my guild is already full, what’s wrong with giving members of the community an opportunity to be a part of something great? I also give any other guild leader the opportunity to advertise their own guild as well.

I’m not going to say anything about other discords because I could go off for days on one in particular but there’s no reason for that because at the end of the day we’re all communities and there is no reason to degrade one another.

Before you go and call this community a self-advertising front, take a look at shout chat and realize how many other communities basically act as gold seller bots advertising their communities across every server. We haven’t advertised over shout chat in months. The only advertising I do is bumping this thread, which does not affect the gameplay of other players as spamming in shout does.

I do not condone unprovoked or otherwise direct trolling of other communities whatsoever and if you have anyones’ names or any solid proof to these accusations I will hold any member/members 100% accountable and make sure they are either silenced or banned. Everyone gets heated when they get provoked, but directly trolling another community is something I’m not OK with.

Kindest regards.

1 Like

I’m calling you out on your “opinion”, because it feels more like an attack. In both of your posts I’ve noticed more malice than thought. The comment “oh, I heard a rumor that members of your discord did this”… if you heard a rumor you can’t confirm, especially one that holds no weight on a discord community this size, why even mention it unless you had a grudge against this server or this owner in particular? Like I said before, if you have a problem with Mindy, say that, and don’t try to use the entire server as a way of disguising that.

My comment about bias was to display that I have no attachment beyond chatting with them, just as I do other discord servers. If you believe being a regular member of that server gives me bias, then whatever. I understand, though, as you call yourself a discord “hopper”. Stay and chat sometimes.

1 Like

So your calling me out, because you got triggered by my opinion, which you felt to be an attack. I’m just being analytical.

The thing is, whether I have a problem with Mindy, his server, or anyone else in it, in particular, or not, isn’t YOUR problem.

"there was someone from ToS Community that messaged people in Mindy’s trying to get them to join that one instead… " - arraklsu

^ You are an extremely terrible liar, sir, for calling me out on grounds of malice, when you didn’t even need to drag in another Discord into this matter. AGAIN, your playing double-standard here. So your just re-contradicting yourself, all over again in improved “English”. But fine, since I’m being called out for malice, lets give you a little taste.

But WAIT !!

THERES MORE !!

Did I ever mentioned that I was one of Mindy’s catfishing victims, in private message, so that I might be sold to join his greener pastures?

Mindy was poaching members left and right, The whole reason he was banned was because he was stealing members from ToSBase , ToS Community and a couple of others. When he got banned, he stole UberBot, some of the channels styles and also began to poach members with an alt. Why would you join a server you hate in the first place?

Try this on, for size, kid. Learn to white-knight better, in your basement of lucid dreams.

4 Likes

I never poached members from TOS Community, I posted a link to the discord in general chat and mentioned that it might be beneficial for your members since we tracked boss timers and what not. Since at the time your discord did not have boss tracking. I was promptly banned after posting the link in general-chat despite explaining why it was there.

I did message a few people from TOS Base, yourself included, because TOS Base is the community that helped me get to 280 and understand how the game works. I recruit people that can actively contribute to the community.

Please explain how one “steals” an open source bot that is publicly available on https://www.carbonitex.net/Discord/bots when all you have to do is click “Add to Server”. Does this mean you stole it from them as well? The concept of open source escapes you, there is no stealing open source code.

The fact that you say that I stole channel design is laughable when you got the idea of boss timer tracking from me. You say that my “rules” page is similar to yours, but is it really? I’ve been told from quite a few people that it’s far superior, and then again, how exactly are you supposed to make a community rule set unique? Community rules are pretty universal, at which point I can say that you stole about every other community rule set in existence, hell, we all did.

The only thing I’m guilty of is recruiting some of the TOS Base members since they’re a community that is actually worth recruiting from. Anyways thanks for making it obvious that you’re one of the trolls from TOS Community, you came off as polite at first but then your true nature came out.

I am unsure what you guys have against us, but please be courteous enough to PM me over Discord instead of spamming shout chat in game, it’s disruptive to gameplay.

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong, TuxedoMask but you’ve stated quite a bit of slander with no evidence so, even if you are correct in your statements, you are coming off as nothing more than a person who seems upset and angry over a personal issue and have decided to spread lies over this issue.

Again, I have no proof you are wrong in what you say, but I also have no proof you are right. The screenshot you have posted is nothing more than a friendly invite to join a Discord server. Poaching? What do you mean poaching? People will join if they want to join, otherwise they won’t join. This recruitment message seems pretty normal to me.

I don’t know Mindy and I’m not even in this Discord server, this is just the perspective of an outsider.

3 Likes

Mindy,

Carbonitex is for statistical purposes, not for someone to go into someone’s Discord and start spamming members non-stop with links from different Discords. If you want to recruit people, go out there and do it like everyone does. Stop hiding yourself from “professionalism” because you are far far away from the ideal.

Mr.FlanFlan,

I do apologize if I offend you in anyway, but I am merely a guy in a mask, with an opinion. Personal or not. I might be labeled an ignoramus, here and after, but I’m alright with that. My consequences are mine to bear. If the just is truly just, then I will simply be just a rambling person.

2 Likes

I brought up ToS Community thing because it was the only instance of anything negative among the TOS discord servers. I actually use Tos Community more than Mindy’s as it’s more Klaipeda based.

As for Mindy poaching? Of course I don’t agree with it, but it’s not going to make me leave her Discord just like the ToS community thing won’t make me leave theirs.

I had a feeling I’d be called a white knight lol. That pretty much negates YOUR argument. I’m pointing out what I’ve seen just as you say you are, but you’re doing it with malice toward the owner. Mindy’s discord has a great community, so does ToS Community. I don’t understand all the negativity. Why not join both? Like I said Mindy’s is more Orsha based and ToS Community is more Klai based.

You’re posting a picture with “Game Over” like your post will matter in the long run. Every post you make is one-sided attempting to discredit Mindy’s discord server. It’s petty. And if Mindy is doing the same to ToS Community, that’s petty. But I’ve only noticed you on these forums in a nerdrage against a freaking Discord server. Triggered? I find you hilarious now. Defensive much?

1 Like

You said that whether you have a problem with the server or Mindy isn’t my problem? You’re right, but aren’t you the one who said that this is a forum and you’re just responding? Are you contradicting yourself now?

Thank you sir -bows-

Its nice to be appreciated sometimes. But your further replies don’t necessarily prove anything more about yourself, and btw, you double posted.

Shall I take that as defensive , instead?

2 Likes

Not trying to prove anything about myself. Discord poaching is hilarious regardless of who does it, as is hate toward Discord servers and this Discord rivalry apparently going on. Both servers have hundreds of members and constant chat. I don’t see where all the hate toward these servers is coming from.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue here. Carbonitex is not for solely statistical purposes, it’s to find the multiple available discord bots for use. In case you didn’t see the meta description for their site, it’s below highlighted for your convenience.:

With that being said, I would much rather recruit from a well-established community such as TOS Base that I hold in high respect, than send 5-10 shouts every 15 seconds to every server in the game. This is disruptive to the player base and interferes with the actual game play of the players, the one thing that we are trying to advance with our communities.

We can sit here and argue semantics but at the end of the day I can speak for both myself and my community when I say that we bear no ill-will towards any community, including yours. Whether you continue to harbor your hatred towards us, we leave up to your own volition.

1 Like

Mhm ~ sure ~ whatever ~

How many discords did you made again?

-dances with a sailor moon-

5 Likes

You may post as many screenshots as you like, I actually do remember that one, that’s Maruo~, someone that I considered a relatively cool person from Asia. You can gather up your squad and spam shout in game trying to form a mob mentality against me, but at the end of the day both communities will move forward.

Copy and pasting my previous reply since nothing else remains to be said on this topic:

We can sit here and argue semantics but at the end of the day I can speak for both myself and my community when I say that we bear no ill-will towards any community, including yours. Whether you continue to harbor your hatred towards us, we leave up to your own volition.

1 Like

"With that being said, I would much rather recruit from a well-established community such as TOS Base that I hold in high respect "

I would’ve humbly bowed out long ago, but the more I’m reading this, the weirder it gets. Okay okay, maybe its just me. Maybe I need glasses, maybe I’m blind, and deaf and dumb, perhaps. That first phrase on top pretty much just made all your arguments seem like aged glass to me.

But what on earth am I reading? This isn’t about discord rivalry. I have my own guild, and private discord, which I don’t bother to advertise at all. It’s just everything on this particular thread.

Aren’t you like 4 posts, far off from that professional claim?

I mean, forgive me, if I’ve started what some of you might call “Drama”, but I’m just questioning what I see and read. I will wither and die, like any normal human being, or better yet, at the season finale of Sailor Moon, but why is it, that all the other discords, servers, reddit communities, teamspeak guilds, I’ve been in never reek of so much hypocrisy like this?

9 Likes

I’ve seen Mindy complain about being banned from the other discord server to all chat. If you think she isn’t a drama whore you are wrong. I’m with tuxedo mask if people don’t speak up against this cunt then this guise that she wears will never come off. What do you actually look like Mindy??? I’m not even sure if you are a woman or not.

6 Likes

So this is the famous Mindy. I don’t understand why people have the need for attention. I think it’s ok to have our glory moments using our Samsung Galaxy/iPhone devices, but this is just detrimental. I wonder how this terrible war started. It seems better than the plot of the game itself, as far as I see.

3 Likes

Ahh being popular… I used to run a very large social media community and I made that community from the ground up by socializing, meeting people and telling people about it over a long period of time.

What always happens, the more popular someone gets, the more people are looking for reasons to spread hate and cause drama. It works like this:

1: One or a few people are upsets over some personal issue OR jealous OR (insert any number of unreasonable justifications).

2: These people will say things that are either untrue, an extreme exaggeration of something that did happen, or both.

3: They will carry on this campaign to recruit more people to try to rally haters against this person in hopes that this person reacts hatefully / violently so that they can use his or her reactions against him or her. Example: I tell everyone that you are a bitch, you reply to me in a bitchy way, I use your reply as an example to ‘prove’ my lie as a fact.

4: Once their damage is done, they continue to kick you so long as you give them a reaction.

Over time I learned that the opinions of some people and their hate spreading is actually completely pointless in the grand scheme of things and does not matter. In fact, you will only make things worse by trying to argue against it since they are setting you up with some high quality and very dangerous bait.

However, that does not mean that everything someone says can be passed off as a lie either. If someone has concrete proof (and screenshots are not good evidence, I can create fake screenshots in 5 minutes it’s not hard), then okay. Otherwise I feel it’s best if people get to know someone before passing judgement. Judging someone solely off the words of others is both unfair and is not always the right thing to do.

Maybe she was banned from another community, but what are the full details? Why? Even if you ‘said’ to me the reason, it’s still just word of mouth. So despite everyone’s effort here I’m just not convinced of how terrible this community leader is, no matter how terrible the words said are or anything, without knowing this person and without undeniable proof to the claims, there is no way I can believe any of it.

4 Likes

Sir, your quite right, and I have no reason to deny those facts.

But at the end of the day, you have your opinions, and I have mine.

cheers

5 Likes