Tree of Savior Forum

Disscusion ended

I deleted original post to stop salty guys to come.

could be better if you took priest 3 or cleric 2 instead of paladin on that one, but at monk 2 it gets better with ray.

as monk c1 it’s a bit normal to see monks struggling but at circle 2 you get the fun from your ray. I see some monks gather a mob>safety zone>spam double punch. for dungeons all I see them do is do random double punches and support with heals and safety zones. at c2 though they do good bursts from time to time as I said, so endure a bit more and it should pay off

Whats your crit rate like? Do you have gems to increase it? From what i hear, if you are going for a crit rate build you need to go all out. If not, minimum amount of dex is needed just so you hit your target. I don’t play a melee build so others might be able to give better info.

Also, your lvl 132. How many skill points did you put in so far? If its only 1 or 2, the skills might be alot better when you max them.

That’s exacly what I’m doing in dungeons. +buffs and usual priest stuff. But when my party start to do stupid things or agr to much mobs I can’t provide good heal. Well I hope you are right about c2.

I have two gems to increase my critical rate in shield but I’m going to get Arde very soon. My double punch level 5 right now with lv.8 attribute.
But this isnt the deal. I would accept this damage if I could provide good support to the party. But all I can do> buff and bad heals+medium damage if archer or mage dont kite mobs around.

yeah the small problem of supporting mainly is from your paladin, IMO paladin c1 is kinda lacking, you could do significantly better with more heal tiles, safety zone and divine might or stone skin+better mass heal/revive if you took another priest

no one here asked the most important question.

what is your ping?

monks are very reliant on ping to deal maximum damage
double punch has a very fast cast speed but high ping will break a monks damage in half if they cant properly spam double punch

1 Like

Yeah maybe problem in this. Just checked in game and it says 270-290 ms. Damn this a lot. (Sometimes 180ms)

yep your probably rekt

see this video(one of the many from a quick search on youtube)
for a monks real damage potential

notice how ridiculously fast double punch is
imo a ping of under 50 is required if you want to play a monk properly

I guess my only hope to wait when they will bring Femidian to EU. As I know right now servers located in USA for all. If this won’t be better than Monk isn’t for me.
What a disappoint :<

i feel you man, i played monk in iCBT to 200 and was pretty disappointed as well when i couldn’t
as fast as other people in videos

wish the net code for tos wasn’t so janky

Speed for my double punch is equal to this.

I thought this is max speed actually.

no clue wtf you guys are talking about seriously .

Let me explain it .

First of all , im level 182 . monk c2 .

Running with 220 strenght , 110 dex , and 50 con .

Double Punch attribute is level 15 only ( possibilty to upgrade it to 100 ) .
My build set up is c1 cleric , c3 priest , and eventually monk c 3 .

My double punch hit for 4k . i hit harder if i crit . i run with 80 stamina .

HOW THE HELL DO I HAVE 80 STAMINA??? .
i did all of the + 5 potion stamina hidden quest . im also using the earth plate set level 40 that give me another +10 stamina .
My plate mastery is level 30 .

Right now double punch is level 10 skill , and Energy Blast level 5 .
Since im using the Suncus Maul level 170 ,all my monk damage skill get 2 more level .

So its level 12 double punch and level 7 energy blast .
Now , Energy blast hit for between 2-3k per tick … its litteraly 2k-3k x20 hit every 1 min ( cd on energy blast ) .

Double punch hit hard enough to one shot anymobs weak to strike damage .

YES i cant overkill mobs , but overall i never die , everything is getting done , and i heal dungeons pretty easy with 1 rank in cleric .

Monk is doing pretty ok and i played every stage of the closed beta .

Now , i have 52 ping /latency . With 80 stamina and stamina pills in the bag you can litteraly destroy any dps team that will eventually run out of sp and you will not ( on world boss ). You can get to 100 stamina if you work on it .

My advice here is ‘’ DO NOT TRY THE DEX BUILD ‘’ it will work pretty well under level 130 . pass that level , mobs get more armor and more hp etc etc and dex build is going down . Pure strenght build with 110 crit rate is all you need , which is easily obtain via green crit gem in the weapon and sub weap .

Dont be scared to try Monk . Its fun and the leveling process is a breeze with all of the defensive /healing toolkit you have .

4 Likes

any other advice for build pvp? All i know thats need a lot of CON

for pvp more con and less dex . but keep a minimum of 50 to 75 if you want to hit everything . you can go with less str too if you are more of a support pvp player .

1 Like

Yep you ruined your character by picking up C1 Paladin anyway. So it’s better you start again regardless.

monk is getting nice buffs to pretty much every skill (patch is live in Korea)

WOW !!! thats a 15% damage there on everything lol.

remember that in kTOS, skyliner still have 0 cd, so its a different balance than here…

this was the max speed, but monk animations got speed up on kToS, and that transferred to iToS

Can you link your skill build and give some vague gearing tips? Thx in advance!

• Fresh monk