Tree of Savior Forum

Disable Boruta Until It's Fixed

@staff

Boruta is bugged and does not die. Contribution is completely bugged and inaccurate. You cannot expect guilds to completely drop everything for 6 hours, 7 days a week (9 on the weekends!), to duke it out for some slightly upgraded accessories and a toucan. That is 50 hours a week.

Before I get accused of merely being salty: I had 20-25 people on and off for most of the night. My guild is 1k points ahead. When the larger 2 guilds dropped out of the map for about an hour, we finally got almost 90 minutes of almost nothing but DPS on the boss due to no crashing, with some of the highest DPS players on Klaipeda. The boss was stuck at 57% at his lowest point. While we suspected it might just be a visual bug, we continued hammering on him straight until 1 AM. Consistent DPS was done on him the entire time even when other guilds came in. He did not die. I suspect contribution is completely bugged as well, particularly individual contribution. If the little coin noise was every time contribution “counted” up, and I suspect it is, then it is absolutely not accurate.

It might not be intended that he dies, but again, if that’s the case, a competitive guild would have to invest 50 hours a week. This is completely unreasonable even for the most hardcore guilds in the most hardcore of MMOs. I don’t want people to quit, I don’t want people to burn out, I don’t want to literally have a full time job with overtime on top of my other job and expect 25 other people to do it.

Please disable the map until it can be fixed, or please consider reducing the amount of hours required. I say this as someone who absolutely loves GVG, and outside of the bugs and crashes I think this can be great with a few more tweaks. I just want it to be fun for everybody. I want it to be reasonable for everybody.

5 Likes

Lol yall had alot more then 25 folks in there Narci, lets be real.

Melody had 37 people in there last night and your guys zerg dwarfed theirs, just saying.

share some videos so we noob casuals can enjoy the pain aswell

Boruta went below 57% on Fedimian, but it was pretty much bugged as the HP went from 85% to 75% and then to 58% within seconds (no change in attack patterns).
At the lowest point it was at about 55%.
Afterwards it healed back to over 70% because of some trolls from other guilds interrupting, not even trying to attack the boss.

Does the hp stay from day to day?

Its way to many hours, each day.
Many of us had to leave after like 4 hours and no point to stay with a tiny ‘crew’. Just to much.

edit. Please stay ontopic

Yeah, I kinda agree with that. It has some good potential but it definitely needs more work than that to be enjoyable to its fullest

@STAFF_Bob - if the content isn’t able to be completed, and guilds that spend 4-5 hours per day attempting every day of the week end up on Sunday with an alive Boruta, will the staff give the proper rewards to the guilds that spent the time to test your content?

1 Like

I agree the time commitment is pretty outrageous, but if it’s made too easy then anyone who is unable to log on Monday during the opening would be out of luck–the opening time is already not particularly favorable for those working normal business hours in PST.

If it’s adjusted to die within a day, then Boruta should be a weekend dragon only for maximum participation.

It would also be great if there were PvP-free times to go in for Boruta and participate. Perhaps he could go into a frenzy for an hour or two and be extra strong during these non-PvP bursts to challenge players and mix things up?

The problem is that 6 hours of committed play resulted in a bunch of contribution points and Boruta at 100%.

Went down to 50ish% but pretty much stayed there with no way to go past that.

I would spend less time hardcore raiding interesting content in WoW, lol.

Some more feedback -

Once you give people invulnerability when they enter, I would recommend disabling soul crystals. It defeats the whole point of a good strategy and trying to stay alive when you can just run in with your TP and brute force PVP.

News from the EU server, we’re having a nice afk fest to stack points, but ultimately we won’t kill the thing, most likely.

It’s asking for way too much time to be reasonable, nobody wants to stay there hitting that dragon for hours straight

IMC should really work on that thing and take it back for now

No, he heals to full if you leave him alone. It can be argued that the channels crashing caused the bugged HP bar, but I have no idea how you’d guarantee a channel not crashing. The longest we lasted was about 90 minutes.

This, if he can die in a reasonable time frame then it’s not an issue. But the time investment is insane if he can’t die.

I would even be okay with 4-5 hours at a time, but only 2-3 days max a week. Do one early, one late, one weekend.

Agreed, though I think it actually worked to some people’s disadvantage when they would soul crystal and then just feed a guild over and over and over again.

Does anyone know if he died on Telsiai?

Pretty much only Maid Cafe is dealing any damage while the others can’t even deal as much as he heals for within 20 minutes.
He’ll die,though, that’s guaranteed. Just not by your hands.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.