Tree of Savior Forum

Dievdirbys statues vs knockdown

As a Diev player it’s so annoying that bosses and even normal monsters can push statues around with knockback/knockdown skills, especially since skills like Carve Owl have a very high cooldown considering they are stationary. I think Dievdirbys should get an attribute that makes statues unable to be knocked around.

This could either be done as a single class attribute or one attribute per statue skill.

If balancing is needed, this attribute could make statues cost double the normal material costs, so Carve Owl for example would cost 4 Oak Wood instead of 2.
If that is too powerful in pvp for blocking areas, you could make it a pve-only attribute.

imo it should stay as it is until they get nerfed in other departments.

1 Like

That’s not really a valid argument for not improving it, though.

Just because one aspect of a class might be strong (like the invulnerability pvpers are crying about) it does not mean that other aspects of the same class shouldn’t get improvements.

As an analogy : Just because Corsairs iron hook can be awesome in pvp it does not mean that Pistol shot and double weapon assault didn’t deserve the buffs they recently got.

It’s not like this would make them significantly stronger (do owls get more damage by this or does it imrove cooldown reduction or increase invulneratbility time? no), it’d just make the class more convenient and less annoying to play.

1 Like

In all honesty, i think it is fine the way it is now, of course, there are some balancing required for other parts.

But it is a mechanic, you shouldn’t drop statues close to a boss anyway, and before luring stuff, drop a Laima so the mob will go on it while you are dropping the rest.

About the statues getting knocked back, try to put them close to the wall or w/e is there, i always try to do that, or if i am soloing something, if they get knocked back, i move close to them luring the mob with me.

I do play Dieve, my build have Cleric C2, Bokor C2, Diev C2 and i will be going to PD C2, it is indeed annoying getting knocked down/back, but that made me learn how to deal with it, i simple move away, while the mob is coming i drop a Laima, then move a bit more and drop the Owl.

On an off-topic note, i wish they increase the radio of Hexing, i wouldn’t mind the range be half of what it is now, but at least increase by 2x or 3x the radio.

well I am an advocate of making games fun rather than tedious and annoying but games must also have some balance in them because games should invoke some form of challenge in the player. so i’m just saying that classes need to be fixed and balanced properly rather than to keep mindlessly buffing a class that is already good. fix ausrine and at the same time make statue knockback no longer a thing rather than tacking on the annoying feature of “more items to buy and carry” in order to use the spell.

here are some other annoying aspects of the game that, like owl knockback, are things that should perhaps not exist in tos:

• pyro spells should not be able to be deleted by teammates.

• pyro fireballs should not be able to be moved by other players.

• taoist and other classes should not require expensive or heavy items in order to cast their spells.

• necromancers corpse and wugushi poison pots are probably still too annoying as well.

• bokor zombies should not eat up heal tiles unless you want them to.

2 Likes

good news… people are saying that statues don’t get knocked back now. :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG that’d be awesome! :smiley: