Tree of Savior Forum

[Dievdirbys] A more in depth approach

Let us get to the meat right away. [Everything in these Brackets is info for newcomers]

I want to make an Dievdirbys. So far, so good. However, there are a few questions that came up, and i would like to know the answers, so i ask the more knowledgeable in these forums the following questions:

Skill choices as Dievdirbys

Carve Vakarine: [Teleporting partymembers back to town] How many skillpoints are really needed? How big is the average party, and even if big partys are usual, do they even all go to town at the same time?

Carve Zemina and Carve Laima: [CZemina: reduce SP cost / CLaima: Reduce cooldown] First of all, if there are multiple Dievdirbys, wouldn’t it be more intelligent if one skills each a different one? Or is one explicit better then the other? And if i play solo, which one is better? Or is one of the other skills more important if i were to play solo?

Carve: [Main skill to get wood for statues, extra damage against plants]: Personaly, i wanted to combine the Druid making enemies into plant-types skill together with this skill, for obvious reasons. But, how effective is it really? Is it worth it to put many points into carve?

Carve Austras Koks: [Second Circle, Silence enemies] I will probably max it, put i fear that many more enemies, especially bosses, will be immune to it.

Carve Owl: [Second circle, A fire breathing owl !] Is it worth it? Especially if other Dievdirbys are around? I assume that the buff statues don’t stack.

Carve Ausrine: [Third circle, Dance around the statue 3 times to become immune] How long is the invulnerability phase?

The final class

I choice Druid because of:

Chortasmata: [Enemies become plant types] I hope to carve everything to death, but also to get wood everywhere. First of all, is me turning enemies into plants a problem for other classes? Secondly, is the above “hope” correct or does it have problems im not aware off?

Plants or Monsters: [Druid can shapeshift and control monsters, or use plants to protect or attack] Which one is better? I mean, i get that not everywhere plants will be found to use carnivore [attacking plants] or sterea trofh [protecting plants], so i assume thats where druids use monsters, but what are the limits? Do i die if i control a monster and the monster is killed? Are there effective monsters to transform into? And i probably can’t transform into everything.

However, im open to other final class choices.

Second class

Personaly, i choose priest because of Ressurection, but im again open to other offers.

Thank you for reading my rant, i hope to see good answers.

1 Like

I ll throw out what all I know :

1. I personally think Zemina would be better if you plan on spamming Carve solo. Reason : Casrve has a 0 CD. Laima is better for certain parties where the would appreciate the reduced CD, but from the streaming I have seen, people are pretty low on SP making Zemina better imho.

2. Combining with druids skill is something many people think of after reading diev, myself included. I just wonder how effective it is to first create the area [same mechanism as the wizards walls] every time before you start carving especially considering the small splash of carve. Maybe just making a single cell for use.

3. Ausras Koks was something bosses were not immune to in CBT2. May have been nerfed now.

4. You can Owls while your buff statues are up. Max owls depends on an attribute.

5. I personally prefer Monsters. Reason: The plants damaging move is INT based which you might be skipping for good carve damage. Secondly, as the number of monsters which can be transformed into should be high, you should end up with better variability.

6. Just think once before relying on carve too much. Spamming one skill is boring and it has no splash to speak of.

7. 2nd circle Priest that you are going for should provide you with a stun passive for the hammer I think [source: http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/class/priest]. Alternatively, you have access to lv 5 divine might for cleric 2. Personally I prefer DM, I am a little biased towards it [I am considering going cleric 3 -> pala 3 just coz I want to use DM lv 10].

1 Like

Thank you for your input, it is nice to know that owls are useable in greater quantitys then i formerly thought of. Regarding carve, i have no problem with spamming it, as long as it’s effective.

I think they change Carve into a skill with three uses and CD though?

1 Like

Carve now have 24 seconds of cooldown but can use 3 times. Carve owl can use 2 times but you can use more times with atribute. The nexon database now have more informations but don’t have skill duration.

1 Like

I’m going to play Dievdirbys in iCBT too…

1. Carve Vakarine: is a teleport statue, right, but usually I put 2/3 points in it because a Warp Scroll that you can buy from a merchant costs 5000 silver and does exactly the same thing just for one person, if you ever watched some Youtube videos or Twitch streams, you realized that money flow is pretty good while you progress through the game, so Vakarine it’s more viable as personal or small party teleport…

2. Carve Zemina: It’s an interesting statue because apparently has 2 effects according to the descriptions in SKILL.tsv file

• Carve Goddess Zemyna Statue. Party members around the statue consume less SP when using skill.
  • Carve Goddess Zemyna Statue. Splash of party members around the statue is increased.
    Splash is AoE radius so if you your skill has Splash +5 you can hit 5 nearby mobs, but I don’t know if Splash bonus is an attribute or has been changed since previous closed betas…

Carve Laima shines when you have Pyromancers in party because they have long cooldowns

1. Ausras Koks is a MUST HAVE against bosses, but I don’t know if it has been nerfed in CBT3

2. Owls are your “pocket Pyromancers”, they have a nice magic attack at level 10 and with attributes you can spawn more of them

3. Ausrine, seems a pretty stupid skill because it lasts for 20 seconds and you need to make 3 counter-clockwise turns around the statue… I give 1/5 and I hope it will be redesigned

4. Charasmata + Carnivore is a nice combo in every terrain, not only grass

1 Like

Thank you guys for your inputs, teleport statue only a few points, carve cooldown but 3 attacks, owls good and nice to know that druid skills work in more places then advertised. Okay, gotcha.

Another thing: Now Carve has 3 charges and 25 secs cooldown, so I think it’s better for Dievdirby to be half-STR and half-INT because he needs to have a good auto-attack damage while Carve is in cooldown

1 Like

Based on what you said,I don’t see the point of half STR half INT. Since both Carve and auto attacks come from STR, wouldn’t full STR be better?

Half INT is generally for getting damage from Cure and Carve Owl i think [though I dunno what influences carve owl damage]

Also thanks for the update. I wasn’t aware they added a CD to it.

Dievdirbys player here too. Looking forward to more theory crafting.

I had the same idea going Cleric > Priest > Dievdirbys 3 > Druid

Something like this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/nyg9w8hugl/

But theres so many questions, is Cure better then Deprotected Zone late game?

How long does Cortasmata and is it worth using with Carnivory and Sutorea-Tropez?

Is any streamer playing Dievdirbys? I know stepharu is but hes isn’t streaming.

If you make full STR, your damages from Owls,Cure and your heals will be very weak, you need half-INT for Druid too because Charasmata transform enemies into plants to give you a damage bonus for Carve

Question is is it better to go full STR and get Deprotected Zone instead of Cure?

@Mewka
Your build focus the suport to yourself or/and to party members. My point of view is this:

The STR is good to enhance carve and the druid skill Cortasmata
enhance the efficiency of this skill making the skill useful in the
all monsters and give more damage with swords, wands (is physcal) and maces.

The INT is useful to enhance heal, cure and carnivory
damage.

Cure x Desprotected Zone

Cure → Deal Continuos Magic Damage to monsters and remove abnormal stats is good to early leveling with cleric class.

Desprotected Zone → Good to reduce monster defense, to deal more damage with physcal skills and help the party members to deal more damage.

Is a hard question to solve.

Sorry for my bad english.
*edit
is not possibe to use rods to magical ranged damage

Okay now that the beta is up I’m 31/9 Cleric 2 right now. Opted to go Cleric 2 Instead of Priest when I saw that most Priest buffs use consumables.

So my question is what now.

My stats are Int : 32 Str : 15

I maxed heal because we’ll it’s a heal. Now Cure I don’t know if I should max if that DPS is even going to relevant. I found myself autoattacking to from 24 - 31. Sure was used on bosses but I have no little SP that I can maybe fire 3 Cures + Safewall combos and thats it. SP regen is like in RO almost nonexistent. I don’t wanna goble down metric tons of pots because I want to use my money for something else like crafting.

So what do you guys think?

I think 1 Point in Fade combined with Divine Might will work just fine. Question is do I max Divine Might or Safety Zone?

Any ideas?

If u max divine might u can use level 10 safety zone…

Yeah I opted to max divine and put 2 into safey wall and one into that decrease armor thing and 1 into cure.

I’m guessing very few people have a Dievdirbys so this is why this thread is so horribly inactive.

I’ll have mine today so I’ll report.

I have 19 stats saved my current stats are STR : 15 INT :32

Says here the primary stat is used for carve right? That should be INT?
http://puu.sh/jsvKq/08526cdcf2.jpgAlso since I’m going later druid that is going to use mostly the
grass field skills what do I do now? Says the Druid uses STR as the
primary attribute? Do I split it 50/50 or what do I? Any ideas?

Also for the people wondering how long it took…
This is with me being 100% new and having no idea what I’m doing.

2 Likes

I really like this thread, haven’t seen much on Dievdirby’s in any forum or website i’ve looked at and it seems like such a fun/interesting class. I’m currently Cleric C1-Priest C1 and thinking of going dievdirby next job advancement.

I’m going to be resetting my Skills because I already know I haven’t been thinking hard enough when putting points into them, but the idea for Stats being Half STR/Half INT seems like a not so good idea considering only a few skills use magic damage.

The reason is because the skills are bugged atm. And sationary statues aren’t exactly efficent when the party moves constantly, apperantly.

haha so dievdirbys is looking to be pretty weak huh? That’s pretty unfortunate because it’s such an interesting idea for a class. Especially when the cool down on each skill is around 50 seconds when you’re probably finishing fights in 10-20 seconds.

seems like everyone is building Wiz+Pyro, Wiz+element, or barbarian stuff… thats annoying and well, i think dievbry has a really interesting skillset, and haven’t seen much about Dievdirby’s in any forum or website i’ve looked at.

After reading, it looks like he isnt that good due to his half stats, but is he still worth a try?

I found this : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ptquvgqhs0/ (with some focus on Austras koks…not vakarine)
really close to what i was planning to build.