Tree of Savior Forum

Did I mess up my wiz build (suggestions)

reflect shield doesn’t really work when monsters start hitting hard, and subzero shield already provides anti stagger. rune of giants limits a lot of skills that can be used, and rune of protection will almost always be covered by a plague doctor.

cryo3 vs kino3 is really a pvp or pve thing. kino3’s ccs are more reliable because they aren’t status effects like freeze is, and also frost pillar is easy to move out of so isn’t as great as it seems for pvp. cryo3 is really good at mobbing in pve though.

if you are going for a combination of cryo/kino, you should have cryo2 kino1 at least. cryo2 is for 10 ice walls, and kino1 psychic pressure can hit up to 10 with a gem.

are you trying to build for pvp, pve, or both? like you said, rc without wiz3 is really bad, and this is from personal experience too. the most you can do is precast rune of ice, and in dungeons you will never find a good time to rune of destruction. rune of ice isn’t even that great when mobbing because of downtime. i think the only build that can use runecaster well would be wiz3>cryo2>kino>rc for ice wall + pp, and even then, it’s just a bursty build that centers around 1 skill, and not good at sustained dps. (though SS tier for world boss hunting, because most fights will end up lasting less than a minute anyway) the irony about rc is that its best skill and main focus, which is rune of ice, ends up not being that useful for cryo because cryo’s damage skills are limited and they are more for cc/utility. (rc with a chrono3 in your party would be great though~)

As s/he said :wink: If you want both PvP and PvE char imo better would be Cryo3Kino3.

Thx for everyone for reply me.

Very collective answer, convincing me to get a better route than my latest judgement. thx

If I may ask you, which route did you decide to get to? :slight_smile:

what is the downside for going linker1 instead of cryo2

wiz > cryo > link > kino3 > war
compare to
wiz > cryo > link > kino3 > cryo

Does linker really outdo what cryo2 can when comes to pvp ?
I don’t see a big factor because I didn’t try out how hangman knot works in 5-5 pvp yet.

Since I already go for linker1, Do you think I really need to delete my character ?

I already have

wiz > cry > link > kino
and consider to kill myself right now.

jk, or keep it till kino3 > warlock

Not gonna reroll? I mean if you are thinking of killing yourself with the options that you chose, why continue playing it and suffer everyday? XD

Your build is perfect to go ele 2 > feathfoot look into it.

Pole of Agony doesn’t share it’s hits for being AoE, but the after effect of it dealing DoTs when enemies are off it is probably shared.

Dont feel bad… i am very sure there are many who chose linker c1 just for try something similar than Thorn Bind Hostage from shiroe XDDD LOOOOOOL

Technical question time guys !

OOOO
OOOOO
----i OOO

As you can see, ‘i’ is indicate my position and ‘O’ is ice wall.
Then, will I able to hit all icewall cells with PP lvl 15 ?

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments!

Hmm seeing how warlock wouldnt really do any good with linker… Maybe its viable to just stick to going for Ele 3? or as @brainey_boy said going Ele 2 > Featherfoot?

Linker > Ele2 > Feathfoot will work really well and you will have monsters spewing blood all over the screen/ its a win win :stuck_out_tongue: Max surespell makes your blood sucking channel uninterrupted too. Pop your high CD ele skills, link the mobs lock everything down regain hp etc.

it doesnt work like this anymore. Only the damage is shared, but the blood bath effect that spews blood doesnt i believe.

If i were u i would just reroll ur character to be honest. Lets say u go ele 3 on rank 7, now u are a

wizard 3 - elementalist 3 - linker

when compared to

wizard 3 - elementalist 3 - Warlock
or
wizard 3 - elementalist 3 - Featherfoot

it is pretty much trading a rank 7 class with some potential synergy and new stuff to work with for a rank 3 class which doesn’t synergize at all with elementalist (AoE-based class).

The wizard 3 - elementalist 3 path is just too perfect to put anything beetween it in my opinion.

And if u stuck at elementalist 2, well, not the greatest circle to stop at.

cryo2 has subzero shield, which is really broken in pvp, because even at 5/5 (7/5 with audra), anyone who attacks you has a 35-45% chance of being frozen for 5.5s (2.75s in arena). linker for pvp is situational, because just one person walking out of it breaks the entire link, but it can work well too. i would go with the 2nd build, except replace linker with warlock.

if you have linker now, you don’t need to reroll at all, just reinforce your build for more support/cc now and probably go cryo3 (kino3 works too) or chrono3, because you would be the party’s support and take a cryo3/chrono3 or pyro/linker/chrono3’s spot. if you want to go dps, sorc2 is good because linker works well with sorc, just realize that your dps won’t be as good as a proper dps like an ele or pyro.

for pvp, you could go wiz>cryo3>kino>linker>wl, which also happens to be a decent dungeon support (chrono3 will always be the best dungeon support though imo) i prefer cryo2 or 3 over cryo1, but you can go kino3 if you want.

anyway those are just my opinions, and sorry for hijacking the thread OP ^^;

I would like to go cryo2 kino3 link1 too.
but would it be better to take warlock instead of linker for both PVP and PVE wise.

My plan now is to build new charac Cryo2>Kino3>Warl
and lets old charac go Cryo3>Link>Kino>Warl