Tree of Savior Forum

Dex on Archer/Scout skills

i choose mergen. Cheap FTW!
have you considered aoe skill in your build to take down many low level enemies at once?

Oblique Shot and Split Arrow can kite many enemies, in addition to single target burst, but I know I need proper AoE dmg. This is the purpose of r7 and 8.

Honestly, Canno would probably be better (but I don’t know it well and I’m trying to gather info about it) since AoE is it’s specialty and I will have plenty SP to use his low CD skills (which thematically fits the build as well). But I don’t know how to properly use it, like if Kneeling Shot or Bazoka stances make it too stationary.

Mergen, on the other side, is less expensive and more straightforward. I’ll just have to pick its AoE skills. In this case r7 Appr, would be used mainly for Blindside, to gain a second single target burst next to Flare Shot.
I’m not a great fan of Falconer, Circling is good but has too much downtime for my tastes… if only Be Prepared existed anymore :smiley:

You really don’t need that much spr. Most of your OH comes from archer and those abilities have a low sp cost. Even split arrow only costs 52 sp.

I dislike falconer myself so I won’t recommend it but I will acknowledge that it pairs very well with mergen.

Singularly they don’t cost that much, but OHs make them very expensive.
Let’s take a single rotation of 10 sec:

5 Oblique Shot = 135 SP
5 Heavy Shot = 155 SP
5 Twin Arrows = 135 SP
5 Split Arrow = 260 SP

Total = 685 SP

200 SPR give 751 SP recovery, which ticks every 20 sec while moving. Bascally, going all out, cost you around 1k SP every 20 sec, without using any other skill.

or you can use SP restore card, my SP is 3k, it heals me 300SP everytime i kill enemies (10% chance)

Good idea!
I was already thinking at Glass Mole for the burst damage

but this card is very very situational. For example: if you equip dark SP card (spectre monarch), only dark enemies will restore your SP. lightning SP card (harpeia) only lightning enemies will restore your SP

Do you know if there is a list of cards?
Maybe I can find something interesting since it’s an unusual build

here you go sir

1 Like

Considering the build, one 10* Pyroego could do wonders. Whatever it is a Pyroego :smiley:

sadly no one ever got that card. IIRC pyroego is ET 5th floor boss

ok, let’s forget about it :smiley:
Basically, the usual Glass and Ello will work, since the others are too specific to be used

Don’t you want at least one in Flu Flu ?
Flu Flu aggroes them to you, helping you to group them when solo, so you can aoe them all more effectively/faster~
The cd is long, but just for one skill point it’s nice when you can use it.

Why would you dump 200 SPR into an archer? It’s a total waste and sounds ridiculous. You can use different SP potions at the same time now since they have separate cds… I wouldn’t sacrifice damage for peanut SP. Cannon c2 here, btw. I do just fine with my SP intensive rotations.

I have Archer C3 and around 100 SPR and I must tell you that you only need 100-150 SPR to cover most of your SP useage. Opting for ~120 seems to be the smartest solution, unless you really want to thread that Cannoneer path.

Better pump your DEX to 150-200 (with equipment) to spam your skills fast enough.
Also,don’t neglect CON as you need some points to increase your potion recovery.
~100 Con will result in 8600+ HP recovered per level 15 HP potion.

Some STR is nice to have, but can be covered with equipment more easily than SPR or CON, especially with Archer equipment (looking at HG Dagger/HG Pistol/new unique grade accessories[25 STR Necklace, 15 STR Bracelet or alternative 15 STR Bracelet with Critrate).

I highly recommend to not invest on spr. you can check tiaa’s channel on youtube. He?/She? is a3 s3 falc1 mergen. just search for tiaa tos on youtube.

@Goldie I have a lot of spare points on Scout, it’s probably that I’ll invest some in Flu Flu and keep some more in case IMC puts back Be Prepared.

@Mocha yes, but using such an SP intensive char would make me poor in a blink of an eye :smiley:

@Adeodatusv2 good points on SPR and DEX, but since I’m playing only PVE I think I won’t invest that much in CON. But I’ll try to balance the other stats to not overspend on SPR.

@sk4rr17 thanks for the info! I’ll take a look at tiaa’s channel to get some fresh info :slight_smile:

If you have to worry about the cost of SP potions then you’re kind of playing the game wrong. In Klaipeda, SP potions are now dirt cheap. I’m not sure about other servers, but if you’re not even making enough silver to support yourself buying SP potions on a daily basis, you have much bigger things to worry about. I mean, you may as well not play an archer. It’s really such a waste.

If you’re willing to waste points for SPR all for the sake of saving money, then you should figure out how to farm silver first. Tackling the problem head first is better instead of using a watered-down solution. Also, you have to use SP potions to trigger glass mole cards… again, if you can’t afford SP potions, you may as well not play an archer at all.

1 Like

It’s only that I want my char to be able to sustain itself.
Normally I farm with my SR that can play alone pretty well :slight_smile:

i am more woried about the damage. In HG 320 the enemies has more than 100k HP . Between oblique, heavy, twin, split, only twin and split arrow dmg are still relevant against lv 330 enemy.