Tree of Savior Forum

Desmodus and other Sorc3 [Questions]

Right so, I’ve decided to rebuild my Sorc from the ground up. This time I’m running a Wiz 3 > Link > Sorc 2 with an “x” for the final rank.

I briefly considered running Sorc 3 to see how well Desmodus synergizes with JP, but I dunno has anyone tried this? (Since desmo is an earth attribute)

Right now my thoughts are as follows:
Sorc 3:

• More bats (+5)
  • Better scaling (from 1.3x to 1.8x)

-Desmodus is questionable.
-Evocation is still poop.

or

Link 2:
+8 JP
+Spiritual Chain (Quickcast for everyone)
+Slightly longer HK

-Does not really give me more, combat wise.

In summary, Im mostly curious as to how JP works with Desmodus, IF it works, IF it’s feasible. If the theory on Sage is correct (I.E. whether microdimension multiplies bats), I’ll probaly run Sorc3. But beyond that it’s a big fat “?”

Thoughts? Sorc3 vs Link2?

@DogeSummoner @tampon (Sorry! Figured you guys might have experienced/seen this/might be able to give me your thoughts)

Sorry, can’t say much about desmodus and joint penalty interaction, I have cryo 3 instead of Linker :/. Joint may increase desmodus’ damage due to the Earth Attribute and will make easier to hit more monsters due to how they always try to stay scattered instead of on top of each-other. My Desmodus lv5 deals around 3k per hit(4,5k on lightning monsters, so should be the same with joint) 2/3 times depending on enemy size.

I don’t like linker 2 for few reasons:

• Every cleric with divine might will increase Joint lv5 to 6 targets and they are popular. It doesn’t increase Joint lv10 to 9 targets, tho.
  • Spiritual Chain doesn’t share attributes, so your quick cast will only work for Elememes which already have it and cryo’s snow roll, mostly. The only useful buff right now is Running Shot, in my opinion.

Sorc 3, maybe?

• More bats and more damage(Formula: value = ([Character MINMATK] + [Character MAXMATK]) * X) <- X=0,4 at lv 10 and X=0,5 at lv 15)
  • Summoning scales in weird ways, we’re getting results of bonus damage:
    3INT for lv 5, 4INT for lv 10 and 5*INT for lv 15
  • You can constantly dream of IMC reworking Evocation to something useful
  • Sorc c3 costume one day :stuck_out_tongue:

Down to these 2 choices, if I were in your position I’d choose Sorc 3. You should see someone with Linker 2 in their build already tho, maybe there is something I’m not seeing. (or maybe consider something else, like RC)

1 Like

10 bats with +40% damage from 2 warlock dark % attributes = 14 bats.

Theurge = 20 hits > 15 bats itself. (you can apply bats with theurge making the whole thing a 30 hit combo (with multipliers).

Desmodus and Evocation are both poop.

Summon goes from 4 to 5 atq for every INT point, base atq and level scaling stay the same so it should be around 10~20% stronger only;

Link 2 is very good and as of now works very well with Wiz 3 by itself, it is a very good path if you want more support than DPS.

As of now 170k HP mobs don’t break my JP level 5 to be honest so I see myself taking Linker 2 in the near future.

2 Likes

Alright that’s a lot of info! I really appreciate you two taking the time to type out thought-out responses!

@DogeSummoner

[details=Summary]So, lets say Desmo lv5 hits around 3k per hit for… 2 hits, say - that’s 6k damage on a 25s cd? Hm, can’t say I’m impressed if I’d be completely honest.

Yeah you make a fair point about linker2, though at my current level I’m wondering how much ‘more’ of a benefit having an additional 3 linked enemies be.

I’ve often heard people saying not to take Link 2 unless you’re going all the way, and with the way JP and HK are right now, it seems having more links would give more… bang for your buck, say.

I like the idea of having more bats but if moises calculations are correct, 20% to summons (which is… probably going to be one of the things I’m relying on in this build) isnt too much of a boost.

As for the sorc costume: What, full leather bondage gear? : P I mean hey, we’re already halfway there for the males.

As an aside I briefly considered RC, but the cooldowns combined with… it basically having no synergy with my current build, I didnt think it’d be wise to jump at it. [/details]

@moises_andre12

[details=Summary] Just to clarify, so you’re saying that having 10bats with 40% damage boost from 2 warlock dark (to simplify) “power up” attributes is equivalent to having 14 bats?

If so, that’s… actually pretty scary. But doesnt one of the attributes rely on you having ‘souls’ around? Basically from killing mobs (Invocation)? Unless the Theurge ones count as well? Cap is… 40%? …With quickcast attri that’d be a little mad.

Yeah, theurge hits like a freaking truck as it is - and sadly I am quite aware that Desmo and Evoc are still horrible :C

Hm, I have to really look into this. A few questions for you - what do you think of warlock c2 right now? I’ve heard some people saying it’s a bit ‘meh’ in comparison to other R8’s. Do you know if micro dimension duplicate spirits? [/details]

Tho tbh I’m quite biased against warlocks. Not that it’s a bad class mind you, it’s more of a ridiculous thing where I figure warlocks are supposed to be minion masters (WoW influence probably x.x) focusing on CC rather that dpsing things to hell. But I digress!

Basically without R8 class influence, I have a choice between:
Sorc 3 (not favorable)
Link 2 (good, but not extremely vital)
Lock (possibly one of the better choices)

I had an FF sorc before and… tbh I kinda regret going the cryo3 route with him, hah!

Welp, I’ll wait awhile longer while more R8 info comes around and probably work my build accordingly. I was planning on running Sage for my R8, but Ill probably have to wait for all the details at this point.

Anyway thanks a lot for the replies! I appreciate it a ton! : D

P.S. Doge are you on Klai? I have a sub linker so… if you’re up for it we could test out desmo with JP+HK?

I am wiz3>link>sorc3

lvl 280
Int 592
Matk 1138

(very poor equipment)

TS hit 4600/hit (7000 crit)
TS rapid shot (2nd skill) around 65000
TS shotgun (4th skill) around 40000-65000 at close distance depending on the position (point blank is better)
Doing all of that every 30s will make use busy enough @_@

W/ Quick cast
Summon familiar, 35s, 50% atri
Damage 5200/hit x 15 = 78000

Desmodus, 25s, 36% atri
Damage 6400/hit
with joint penalty = +50% = 9600/hit
at boss battle, make sure to use JP when it summon traps etc. Desmodus hit boss 3 times.

I love both warlock and sorc 3. I think @moises_andre12 have a very good point about warlock… Theurge act as a shield also. Very good in pvp too.

I am still choosing sorc 3 solely because of bigger summon and of course pure love and I’m thinking of taking new R8. (probably sage as main DPS)

Desmodus is a good spam for sorc3, because it can hit from a far. Because my sorc is int build, I do not want to get near the boss except when using riding. Hitting from a far suit my play style more, rather than going rambo at close distance to use Theurge effectively. When the theurge finish all of its attack, the warlock is very vulnerable at close distance. I don’t think I can optimize it well.

You can pick Warlock > Sage after Sorc 2 for example and would still be better than Sorc 3.

I’m Sorc 2, level 267 and my Temple Shooter has 4222 atq (4000~4200 hit general, 6k+ crits). As you can see the difference is not that big, though I’d love Sorc 3, it just has zero points to be better than Warlock 1 in this build.

By itself Warlock C1 can give you +40% boost on Dark spells such as level 10 familiars.

Dark Theurge has 20 hits with 1,2k+ base damage and 10~40% dark multiplier, this skill can also be buffed by Hexing, Pass and any other stuff, unlike Temple Shooter.

Mastema from Warlock C2 gives ~12 hits to each mobs it hit + initial hit, if it’s DoT works like Pole of Agony’s, both attribute and quickcast (or warlock %s) work with that, only the base damage of the ticks is smaller. THAT IS IF IT WORKS LIKE POLE OF AGONY’s DOTS, NEEDS TO BE CONFIRMED.

Note: I’m still thinking about taking Sage or Warlock C2, Sage doesn’t seem to be that great though, I’d take it for the Shield and if it was possible to do double Temple Shooter.

By the way, homunculus eggs are tradable and can use Joint Penalty, IF we can buy a JP 15 homunculus then Linker 1 is the best circle in history for HK + attribute on top of that, Sorc got buffed, JP interactions got buffed, Warlock C2 is not so great (comparing to base damages and stuff from other R8)? Maybe, but bad C2 generaly comes for the great good of an awesome C3.

1 Like

Great insight. Could u tell me your int and matk status? And how much your familiar hit with quickcast. And your familiar atrribute too, to make a fair comparison between summoning and summon familiar

Thank you guys so much for the insight! I think I’ve more or less decided to take more of a support role since that’s what I like to play best, so Ill gun for Link2 instead and then transition into Sage for my R8~

1 Like

I’m on silute, unfortunately. Glad you could make your decision :smiley:

Ah, oh well! Thank you for your input!

And thank you everyone once again! Im gonna flag this thread for deletion

just saw this one and i think it makes sorc3 worth it…