Tree of Savior Forum

Design Breakdown - Sadhu

WARNING - This thread isn’t made for new players or those that seek guidance on how to use said class, please look for proper threads regarding it such as class overviews and build guides. Design Breakdown is a design discussion thread only and has no purpose to help players on practical aspects of the game.

Starting another Design Breakdown with one of the saddest classes that ever made into the game, one that had its power stripped right after the game release and even the improvements it received over time didn’t really fixed the problems, this is no other than Sadhu. In case this is your first time on a Design Breakdown topic go to this link for some basic information.

Sadhu - RANK 4 - ATTACK / SUPPORT

“A Sadhu can use their soul to assault enemies with unseen attacks or convey their powers to other players.”

Today’s longer than usual introduction was done for a reason, Sadhu has no identity. The class doesn’t have enough skills to have a common thread to hold a goal nor takes the following skills to a common direction, there’s no way to explain what Sadhu does in the game nor why it is important. It’s a shame as the theme isn’t seen around it has potential for some unique fantasies.

Sadhus are hindu religious that renounce the material realm in order to transcend, escape the reincarnation circle or even become an avatar of a god, and by doing it they can receive divine powers. In order to do it they must detach from material possessions and family bounds, some may move to monasteries or turn into pilgrims yet it’s common for them to only keep clothes and religious artifacts. There are a couple Sadhus divisions that follow different practices, some may deprive pleasures while require them to abide the concept of good and evil by committing taboos. It’s common for yoga to be associated with Sadhus as it is a practice that seeks dominance over the self yet those two aren’t directly related, that link is formed due yoga being also a form of meditation in hinduism.

As the theme is more complex than a basic research can take it won’t be possible to identify which type of Sadhu was taken as the main source or even if they build it based on several types, as for it we’ll have to keep it as broad as possible.

Out of the Body (E)

It is unsure where the the concept of astral projection came from but it’s been reported around the globe without among different religions and groups. It’s believe this power can be achieved through yoga and training of mind, this feat is present in the indian ancient book Mahabharata, and is also acknowledge as Manojavah siddhi. This is a perfect fit for Sadhu theme as their goal is to detach from the material realm and develop their spiritual side, it’s an easy way to summarize this fantasy in a straightforward concept. One interesting details is that it references how some few scientists believed astral projection would behave, the spirit would keep the body shape and be tied by a string connecting the forehead with the back of the head.

Out of the Body has an unique mechanic that gives range by adding the risk of being killed as the spirit leaves the body unprotected or that’s how it was supposed to be, that balancing element isn’t present as any casted skill will use the body instead of spirit which allows clerics to protect themselves with little effort as early skills can take care of the job, and that said the only threat is control debuffs and disruptions. However even with that aspect ignored the skill itself is terrible as the spirit is generated by the skill and doesn’t carry attack lines nor is affected by attack speed and that doesn’t align with a skill that only allow Z attacks, even that out of the way the damage factor isn’t shown anywhere and is weaker than a regular attack. Range is a good improvement but it isn’t enough when the skill itself throw away all damage increments.

To get it back on rails this skill needs to take spirit attacks as a regular attack, it can also use SPR to boost the damage as it deals with a literal spirit attacking, and that can be enough to make it useable under the right conditions. As for the protection part it can bend the rules slightly and change the casting location to spirit instead of body, this would make Sadhu stronger offensive wise with the extended range and more vulnerable as it requires aim and positioning to protect the body. In this instance it may be better for self buffs, deployments and physical skills to be unusable with the spirit and give it an attribute for c2 or c3 to enable the last one, it can also convert it to magical damage based on MAtk and as such it won’t be able to deal critical damage. Of course if that presents too much power it can be compensated on shorter mobility range or by having more SP consumption, HP consumption, HP drain or even with heal prevention/reduction while out of body.

Prakriti (A)

Prakriti has many meanings that range from nature itself to matter and in this case it can be understood as the physical being, as the skill calls the body to the spirit it does kinda fit the term.

The only thing i have to mention on this skill is how it manages to be simple and fun, the whole purpose of it is to allow Sadhu to keep the spirit position by dragging the body and that just feels good, the whole usefulness of it is how creative the player can be with it.

Vashita Siddhi (F)

It could be possible that Vashita is a simplified (or mispelled) of Vasishtha that was a sage and important historical figure that helped to shape the morals of society and hinduism yet it feels more like a coincidence. Siddhis are supernatural powers that are believe to be achievable through training and meditation or by having a god blessing, for the followers of Vaishnavism it refers to specific group of abilities, that range from changing the self size and weight to godly powers, and in some sources it can be read as Ashta. There’s no siddhi that really connects to this skill mechanic, however as some siddhis have really broad concepts it may not but much of a stretch even tho the source material seems rich enough to provide more structure.

Channeling skills are troublesome to deal with as they need to provide a lot of power to compensate the waiting time, that doesn’t happen here as the effects aren’t attractive at all and their values are laughable.

A quick fix to it is to have it changed into a debuff aura effect for a short duration or a toggle with SP drain, that would make it at least useable but won’t change the fact that the skill itself isn’t interesting.

Astral Body Explosion (B)

It doesn’t seem like this skill has any reference aside the animation performed by the body that i’d assume is some movement related to hinduism rituals, yoga or indian dance, if you know it drop a comment so i can add it up here. There’s an issue with that approach as the spirit itself doesn’t change at all and explode all of sudden, the astral body is where the whole action is performed yet there’s not a single visual indicator on that side.

At the last Sadhu change they added a damage over time component to Astral Body Explosion and it did improved the skill however it doesn’t feel natural for the skill to have such element. It could be interesting to have a Prakriti attribute to perform the skill along the explosion, having it to increase the skill damage wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

There are too many wrong things going on here, not enough skill to pick, only one useable skill and the lack of identity and purpose are already visible at this point, not to mention that half of the skills go for indian language and the other two are in english. To not say the circle itself is horrible Astral Body Explosion can do the minimal for it but that can’t be support it alone, for the placement any rank 2 or above class can come close to it and won’t waste as many points in the process.

Possession (B)

Possession is defined to take something make it yours, in religion this is used to communicate when a higher entity is taking something as theirs usually for a brief time and that doesn’t happen here. The way the skill is executed it feels more like a type of exorcism than anything else, some could argue that having control over the enemy can fit the minimal requirement for a possession but that’s not reasonable in game bends the conventions. Unfortunately for it to be a true to its name it would clash with Druid’s Telepathy (and as extend Shape Shift and Transform) as it would take control of an enemy, yet that skill is also gimmicky and not as useful, and can be justified by the Parakãya Praveshanam siddhi that is a true possession. There’s also a non Sadhu exclusive issue as Possession uses the same visuals as Barrier as both are yellow circles of light, that’s something that should be addressed quickly.

On practical side Possession is a damage channeling and as an offensive one it can at least be engaging and having the bind component makes it quite effective, not only that but hitbox is good and really visible. Overall the skill is quite round and only disappoints as it can’t be used with Out of the Body as it was meant to be the main gameplay element.

With the current execution Possession kills the other Sadhu skills as it can deliver damage and be straight to the point, that isn’t the skill itself fault but rather the remaining skills to be ineffective, and as result it diminishes the whole proposed gameplay of Sadhu as it has no interaction with it.

Transmit Prana (D)

Another element from hinduism, Prana is a type of energy that flow through the body and can be taken as vital force/energy in its broadest sense, that isn’t exclusive to hinduism as this same idea can be seen on several cultures as Chi, Ki and Mana. There are practices in yoga that are said to control Prana by meditation and breathing and this with some artistic freedom made the basis for this skill, it’s weird to have it to share INT as SPR stands for Spirit but that is reasonable as it would be just another skill to increase SP and those never fill the additional portion.

The major issue with Transmit Prana is how annoying it is to apply to a target. It should be obvious that a skill with a tiny hitbox that only affects one ally wouldn’t succeed as a buff, the only instance it can work is by asking the person to stay still or to use it while it is under an imobile state and that can be troublesome during fights. Having the additional damage was a smart move for a skill that has no use without an ally, yet by making it stronger with Sadhu skills only increases the gap between circles.

It’s rare but this is a case of a skill is at a good state and improving it would only break its balance, even the targeting being annoying it can’t be changed and having it to apply to more allies would be gamebreaking. The only change that suits it is to either remove the stat scale and have it as flat 50% or add a floor to reduce overscale, at this point the stat increase is the secondary use for the skill. Even that said it may be better for this skill to be changed into something completely different to fit an identity and also empower Sadhu skills less.

As the last circle adds an empowering buff it doesn’t change how skills interact at all, it also doesn’t fix the issues it has nor lift its limitations. Transmit Prana seals the class as a c3 only as it can use all the points and ignore Vashita Siddhi completely as it is useless, this solidifies a single way to build the class as it lacks skills to distribute points.

Conclusion

At this point it should be obvious that Sadhu needs a rework to give it identity, the latest changes were a great patching but it didn’t changed the class design itself and that’s the problem. The ideal approach is to design a kit that uses Out of the Body as a the core and have a playstyle that makes use of it, it can have skills that won’t require the state but they should be useable in it as well.

One potential identity is to be a direct offensive SPR class as no other class does that. It isn’t that specific but as SPR is a support stat and the offensive approach is either for a single skill or to empower summons, that also opens up possibilities for other builds that make use of it and can also keep the supportive nature that the class was suppose to have by swifting stats.

Regarding skills Prakriti can be removed and applied as Astral Body Explosion component or attribute, Possession should be useable with Out of the Body and Transmit Prana could be changed into an SP recovery skill for party by draining the caster SP. Lastly just keep names consistent, if Sadhu is going for hindi names do it for all skills else get them to english, Transmit Prana is an exception as Prana itself is a concept and doesn’t sound off.

C 1 C 2 C 3
Identity F F F
Theme C E C
Gameplay E D D
Cohesion F C B
Point Distribution F E E
Dropout F D C

On this breakdown behalf i’d like to apologize in case i’ve missed or misunderstood some linguistic, cultural and/or religious as i’m aware that there should be a decent amount of information available on the subject and my summarized points can diverge from the truth, but as i write those weekly i don’t have enough time to study it doing solo research. In case you do have more knowledge on these please share it on comments so i can correct properly and also give your thought on what thematic elements could be incorporated into Sadhu as it is the class with lowest skill point distribution in the game.

3 Likes

Is ironic, Sadhu is my favorite cleric class and my second fav charcter on my team, first been my main aka alchemist wizard…

might be my masochistic tendencies or the fact that I went through their golden age and darkest hours, so I got a more tight attachment to them than to the classes where I smooth ride to where I am…

just like alchemist a world of potential and a grain of sand used…

I think what best describe many of the classes skills on this game, Their potential is “As wide as an ocean, as deep as a puddle”

but am sure half of the problems come from balancing and the limiting engine they are using…

Sadhu needs a little more flare, I need to leave but hopefully I can remember to post some things I notice through my reading…

1 Like

Sadhu’s identity is literally just Transmit Prana maybe Possession at this point of the game. Sadly I don’t see a R4 revamp doing much for the class. IMC won’t overstep boundaries they’ve established by giving a massive revamp(buff) in SFRs, and even if they get new skills the restrictions / mechanics from by Out of Body make it hard and inefficient to manage skills outside of Sadhu. Even if SFR gets buffed, it will not fare no where close to R8 SFRS (notably Exo) and the amount of time you have to use special Sadhu skills will be almost zero due to more important skills. I personally agree it could use some revamps as long as Transmit Prana isn’t touched. ATM TP is basically the only reason why anyone would run Sadhu3.

I guess you are looking at it from a Design Breakdown, but you should also probably play the class and see how some of the skills translate over into a game that gives 9 ranks to build vs just the 3, as well as what rank it falls under. Kinda like how Aiming on Falconer is all the reason to go 3 ranks on it and abandon a r8 starter. Revamps are good, but suggesting revamps / undermining core skills that are the only few reasons why it’s still played is lol worthy. Sure design will become good but if I don’t benefit from 3 ranks of sadhu in r7 8 9 (10) the class becomes even more sad in a game like ToS.
As you said yourself you are basing and grading skills base on design, but if every skill were to be useful in possibly 9 ranks, then it would be piano tile simulator. There are always going to be classes (and skills in those respective classes) that will be outshined. Especially for when a class is based around core skills[In the eyes of the community], it gives all the reason to answer these questions for those respective skills when reviewing ON TOP of it’s design. (despite being an indicator of slightly poorer design if only the core skills are notable). Asking to revamp core skills will make these classes lose how community established it’s identity.

e.g:
Sadhu - Transmit Prana.

• What does it do? Buffs Magic Damage by a large value.
  • How does it do? quick less then 1 sec animation
  • Is it useful? Very useful
  • Is it unique? Provides the strongest amount of Add damage possible (I think?) - gives half stats to receiver.
  • Is it healthy to the game? Free DPS is free DPS.
  • Is it practical? Requires some investment but exponentially scales.
  • Is it reliable? Yes uptime is close to 90-100% running certain builds.

In case you haven’t actually played Sadhu3 in game, and still wonder why TP is basically the [only] reason why people build c3 atm (besides ppl that actually like the very weak playstyle because of poor balancing)

Transmit Prana is a very strong and offensive self buff / single target ally buff that provides additional damage based on .67-.7 of your minimum magic attack. Say I have 12k matk (which is very possible in this state of the game) and then use Chapparation buff via SP pot, I can reach like 16k matk, which gives a whooping 11k additional damage on magic attacks (every magic hit). This is basically the only reason why Sadhu C3 is still meta. In the higher tier content where high defense is a thing, 12k more damage on multihits could possible be 80%-150% increase of damage on any magic skill that hits multiple times(as in like Hamaya, Aqua Bendicta, Zaibas), even making low SFR skills like Zaibas negligible.

"Transmit Prana could be changed into an SP recovery skill for party by draining the caster SP. " would basically ruin Sadhu’s already non existent “offensive” side. Literally from TP i would be confident to call Sadhu “Offensive Support”. Of course TP is a very magic attack heavy scaling class, so it requires some investment before it truly shines, and as you said the actual “offensive” skills are very janky and inefficient (even with low SFR) , countering Sadhu’s idea of ebb and flow gameplay via body and spirit.

edit: just realized you thought that TP only adds the damage to Sadhu skills, it’s actually any damage that is magic! (but very alarming how you are talking about design breakdown when you haven’t actually played it thouroughly)

2 Likes

Thank you for reviewing Sadhu! :heart:

I also love the class concept, but it falls under not being able to do anything properly, besides C3 buffing other skills for other classes.

If you try as a damage (red) class it should be, you find only 2 damage skills (OoB is auto attack, but the damage is laughable), and both of them not being that great even with Transmit Prana active is really bad. I would be OK having only 2 damage skills, but if they could provide a reliable source of damage.

I thought one day trying it as a control class too, looking at the fact that ABE can knockdown monsters, Possession can lock them in place, and Vashita could proc confusion. Possession is fine, in fact a great skill to control monsters and deal damage, but ABE is somewhat hard to trigger (again, I would be OK with animation and all if damage was a little bit better), and Vashita attribute not being 100% guaranteed effect is also bad.

It also relies a lot on Diev1 or Krivis3 to maintain its damage decent for endgame. It is ok, as the buff is really good, but as it is the only thing Sadhu is doing the best right now, it is disappointing to rely a lot on other classes.

So, at the end, you can’t find good usage for Sadhu skills, besides Possession and Transmit Prana. I know you are looking though a design concept, but the practical part is really bad too. They should give better damage options for the class, or increase the spirit concept.

About the fact of the spirit being able to cast any single skill: I can see that Sadhu1 would be pretty broken for any Cleric class, just for OoB solely. But if you give this as a C3 attribute, it would worth even more the investment.

3 Likes

Actually, the property damage such as soul property of sadhu @ 6000+ damage buff to yourself and another caster can also BYPASS 360 final boss defenses too.
I wish I had the courage like you to argue lot of points about the designs breakdowns, here is not the 1st time it happened.
I don’t mean to poop on him. ( I have 30 slots / 40 with most builds, so it’s easy to facecheck facts)

2 Likes

Yeah it’s additional property damage so that’s how it works :persevere: I think i listed it somewhere in my ramble but it just extremely powerful in endgame content for that very reason, on top of it scaling very nice with your MATK :smile:

I guess I didn’t make it clear enough. thanks for clarifying for those who didn’t get it. You can get this additional damage by just casting the skill, but you will not receive half of your own stats. If you manage to land it on another person both people will get the additional damage, and the receiver of the buff will get 1/2 of your stats. It’s a strong self buff, even more helpful if u land it with someone else.

I hope I didn’t come off too overbearing as these design breakdowns are always nice to see where the class’s influence and base design comes from. My issue is sometimes not factoring in how certain stuff fares in game makes me scared it will mislead new players when they read[skim] these threads, especially when most the more apparent ratings are very low. The work done is great though, can see the time and effort put into it !

1 Like

For the amount of effort you put into these threads, you could actually roll the class, play it, understand it, and probably not write such utter nonsense.

To say that a class has no identity because you have no idea how it works is offensive at best and misleading to new players at worst.

Sadhu is one of the strongest mid-level cleric classes because it provides you raw damage. It’s core for any circle 7+ that does damage, borderline not optional for exorcist.

@DrRM

That’s a sad story… When i first saw Sadhu on trailer i got extra hyped with Out of the Body and how it could even work on an MMO, turned out it didn’t.

@Taeleaf

Let me start being honest, the last time i played Sadhu 3 was when it got buffed and it only lasted a day so for the things my memory couldn’t remember i relied on a friend to check, in fact i was aware of the fact it boost all magic skills but it probably slipped out on the last revision. Also the reason i ignore most (if not all) of out class synergy is because builds are limited and, as a personal believe, classes should be able to stand on their own as players should be free to make whatever they want. I’m not saying that builds should be equally powerful or viable regardless of what one picks but the fact is that no one should be forced to commit completely to a class to be able to enjoy it and be able to drop it whenever they want.

I do appreciate what they did to get Sadhu into the real unique and amazing thing it has is Out of the Body yet it doesn’t have place in the current version of the class, when you have a class with 3 circles that has as many skills as Nak Muai you question what is it even doing.

Regardless of the current iteration of Transmit Prana i still think it doesn’t fit the name it has and it can’t be fixed to be practical, i’d love to know how many Sadhus can use the support component effectively and how often it lands, which means that it either needs a new name or be reshaped to still use it. That doesn’t means you can’t have this buff component away as Sadhu cleary lacks skills, heck even on my suggestion it can even be applied at the end of channeling but this time with guaranteed effect that benefits the whole party.

It should be possible if they find a good cost to balance it, going for the SPR route having huge SP costs (300~400%) may do the trick. Another option is to change the leveling factor to damage instead of range and have that back at c3 with an attribute.

@Csiko

It’s unacceptable to see a class that forces you to go all 3 circles in and only get 2 skills to use as good design, it is possible for a class to have terrible design and be strong and a great designed class to perform poorly even tho the later is rare. If Sadhu were a hidden class i wouldn’t put half of the complains on it. Possession and Transmit Prana are great but having them to be the whole class is a waste of potential.

@topic

I guess i really should put another disclaimer to inform that this isn’t meant to be taken as a build guide.

2 Likes

I can left all my sadhu silver that you don’t have OoB max nor use it as much as your defense would suggest :expressionless:

most people are just transmit > possess rinse and repeat…

the class is way better than it was on all aspect except the one that was better and got nerfed OoB :pensive:

Out of Body: would be better for mobility if the spirit levitate instead of the caster or it could jump…

thanks goodness it doesn’t turn the game into goo and crashes it anymore

I would return it missing speed to it, the skill is already weak and almost no one uses it attack…
make oob great again D:

Prakriti: This Skill is perfect… when it works and doesn’t ether stop half way or refuses to work at all… :unamuse:

Astral Body Explosion: another skill that is way better than it used to be and only one I got no much to say about…

it does what it says it does :confused:

Vashita Siddhi: am trying to use this skill more and I love how pretty it effect is, but I feel like nothing is ether done or like all mobs resist it :confused:

its more of a pvp or party heavy dependent skill, a lone sadhu will get nothing more that a target on it forehead from using it…

Possession: Another skill that is better and wider now… Problem is how bland it look, but I have no problem with it…

it’s basically psychic pressure copy/paste with barrier skin put on it…

why the hell is it called possession, shouldn’t t be called something like Confinement :thinking:

Transmit Prana: It’s a good skill no doubt, but is one of the rare skills I wouldn’t be oppose to it been a magic square… I mean “circle”…

it would make using it on other players better in the huge mess of a fight…

1 Like

The old scout3 for split arrow when the majority used it for farming dungeon in 2016-2017 is not the only case where almost all the kit was useless in pve but one skill.

How would you manage hotkeys at rank 10, then, if every class circle had 5+ skills that were worth using at rank 10?

This is a good suggestion and I hope they do it.

Sadhu has a class identity wtf are you talking about, and ABE, Possession and Transmit are all solid skills.
The only two lacking skills in the tree are Vashita and OoB itself.

OoB itself is lacking because outside of being ABE fodder the form/stance itself has little reason to be utilized except in certain situations.

Common nonsense talk I have heard over the years is that Sadhu doesn’t have enough skills, which is silly.
It is not about the quantity of skills ,having a bunch of useless filler is pointless.

OoB could use improvements to make utilizing it outside of exploding ABE a more practical idea. You can OoB while casting other spells but the damage contribution is minor.
I have no real idea what to do with Vashita but it should be something significant enough to cause a choice in what you’re leveling.

Vashita is a “support” skill to ABE being a “damage” skill but given that Vashita isn’t very good, the choice between support vs Damage between these two does not come into play and that helps to create a stagnant build development path in Sadhu.

Given you can use skills during OoB but the only skill the Astral body casts from itself is ABE I think that says enough, particularly given that ABE has a removable knockdown to get targets away from the main-body.

A couple improvements to Vashita and OoB and the class is fine. It’s already decentish after the buffs, but it will be solid when those two skills are addressed.

“I said FREEZE! Don’t move.”

2 Likes

And that’s bad design, it doesn’t seem like any of those survived dungeon rework. Cryomancer lost the vaccum effect from Frost Tree and it’s still picked fairly often.

Other classes that do have solid kit have to deal with that and i’ve never seen people complaining about it.

Now for a proper reply, that’s actually a great thing to have in mind when designing the class system and i have no idea if they even considered it, but truth be told if we didn’t reached this point we’ll have to face it sooner or later and the minimal amount of skills won’t make a class strive by itself. Sadhu in particular suffers from having few skills and to have lackluster ones in this tiny poll, the other issue is that by having only 5 skills the class can’t build an identity as that limits players to play only the Sadhu way.

Even Priest (that has other design issues) being a class which is completely focused on keeping your party alive it still can be built to empower allies and to deal damage, that’s only possible as it has a majority of identity skills and a couple of relief skills, and that’s something is impossible for Sadhu that has only one build and play style available. On the other side of the spectrum Fencer has way too many skills and that doesn’t make the class good either, it seems like a solid 7 or 8 is the way to go.

When i say it doesn’t have identity i mean it doesn’t do anything special on a particular way that other classes don’t. The easiest and laziest way to check a class identity is to try summarize it in a short sentence as if you had to quickly explain to someone what the class does and be the most accurate you can.

Cryomancer - Freezes enemies on their location.

Pyromancer - Deals damage over time in area.

Priest - Improve allies survivability

Plague Doctor - Control debuffs

When you try to do the same with Sadhu it doesn’t connect and a reason for that is that it changes how it plays midway. If Attack/Support was enough to set an identity then Druid and Krivis fall into the same realm, but the fact is they have better direction (can’t be 100% on it for Druid tho), in the same way having skills that each one goes do it own things doesn’t build an identity.

2 Likes

I think best example of it is Priest, all skills on Priest are “good”/important and you are given a choice of what you want to spend those points on…

want to grab a little of all, want to grab the buffs and prob make a shop or want to focus on the survivability skills only?_?

it gives the freedom of choice and the player is who must decide if its worth making space for rhat skill or if its better to max another…

There are many type of classes when it comes to the skill department

Classes/Circles were you can get all skills max
Classes/Circles That has less skills than points worth spending
Classes/Circles With more good skills than points given
Classes/Circles in which the skills and point are plenty but aren’t worth the space…

1 Like

As someone who mained Sadhu for awhile, you’re pretty spot on. Good review!

1-2 skills being good does not automatically make a class good itself. Sadhu has been a pretty sad sliver of a class for a looong while imo, grouped in with all the other “c3 for 1 skill” classes. It’s basically Prana3 ft. Possession.

2 Likes

The hint is in the name SADhu. Everyone who plays Sadhu will be sad.

I never understood why they nerfed OOB so heavily. It would be a perfectly good skill right now the way it was in the beta days. IMC never even touched it again balance-wise. It’s a worse version of the standard auto-attack which could be a cool and unique feature of this class, if they tweaked it just a little.

2 Likes

So I never really liked sadhu (even in beta) mainly because I didn’t think it fit the cleric. Being based on a religious does not automatically make something “clericy”. It also didn’t help me like it that it had no place in the lore. It’s already a stretch for other classes to find their place in tos’s world.

All my gripes aside, how would you define sadhu’s identity in a way that fits the world and story of tos?