Tree of Savior Forum

Derf's Dual Wield Dragoon Build

How do daggers work? I’m very interested in this build, but I don’t know how much more I’d be losing compared to a 2 Handed Spear. Does it add to your maximum attack and actually strengthen your output on a skill such as Stabbing? I can’t find any videos of them doing anything other than auto attack. Your video is too crowded for me to even see anything you’re doing.

Since we cant make full use of 2h spear passive of dragoon, will this build lose to hoplite doppel dragoon build in term of dmg in the late game?

1 Like

Hi,

Quick question regarding Stat allocation.
What is the cap for crit chance ?
How soon should I start investing in Dex to get comfortable while leveling (with finestra lv10)?

Is this 180dex you suggest for endgame content that hard to get only with stuff and gem ?

Thanks for the topic, I hope you’ll be streaming again with your dragoon soon :wink:

I was thinking about distributing my skill points like this but wasn’t sure if it was “good” to be honest I am currently at Hop 2 and unsure if I should continue with hop 3 or swap hop 3 out for something else. Send feedback if you don’t mind. https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1114449f.3a4a5565.1e2f3f71.15213455.15253144

daggers give you a flat +dmg on every attack if they have +damage on them. Which for this build you have all multi hit skills +200 to each hit on hexen is +1200 to the total damage of the skill. whereas the extra 100 or so patk you get from a 2h spear is split up between the hits and results in much lower damage. The auto attack damage between a 2h spear and a 1h spear and dagger when i tested was something like like +80 - 150 damage per attack and i lost the gem slots and stats from having a dagger.

on my dragoon i have full STR and no dex and using finestra and gems, with gladiator bands you would be critting pretty comfortably. Around 240 crit chance feels pretty good and allows for an almost 90% crit chance with a krivas crit buff, so thats 140 dex with level 10 finestra.

Personally i don’t like hoplite 3 as i dont feel spear throw is worth it, but as always build what you like to play since almost everything works to a degree. you might also want to look into shinobi as your last job as you have the crazy damage shinobi build just without the shinobi.

Dopple will always beat every other swordy class in dps because its dopple, not because your class is bad. Dopple just does too much damage. But play what you want to play regardless because you could make this argument about any class, like if you were hoplite dopple dragoon, someone could say, wont you lose to highlander barb dopple in endgame dps? As corsair you get some pvp functionality and some group utility that makes up for the fact you can’t spin to win.

1 Like

I agree with you on spear throw, but i was mainly doing it for the enhancement on stabbing pierce and finestra. Also I didn’t really look into shinobi much. Mainly wanted to do dragoon to see how that went, but itll take a bit before then anyway

you should be fine then, the only thing i would swap out is the 14 points in stabbing and the 15 in pierce, as pierce is only useful on bosses and large monster types whereas stabbing is useful on everything.

Here is the Math for the build vs a 2h spear in case anyone was wondering.

Hey. What about AoE comparison between (for example) C3 Cataphract and Dual Wielding?

Well, all of the hoplite / dragoon skill only hit in front of you, so any class with an arc hit box will require less set up to aoe, but other than pvp on a high latency server i didn’t have an issue with it.

So, let me ask you something.
I got to rank 6 and am kinda lost
Sword>Pelt>Barb>Barb>Corsair>Corsair
The recommended ending for this build would be Fencer. I have never tested it, but doesn’t look attractive to me, as you have to use rapiers (without knowing what will come on next ranks), and c2 apparently sux so it’d be like a one rank pick.
Barbarian skills doesn’t require instance, but I’d loose the Hoplite synergy tho…
Could I still pick Dragoon as an option?
In which case I’d use a 1h spear with dagger, possibly having a 2h for swaping when needed (probably not, too expensive lol)

Planning on my new swordman to play

Sw>pelt>hop2>cor2>?

Not really sure about last rank

While dragoon got a cool costume and good pierce dmg

Doppel giving more dmg from dov and access to best slash dmg ingame which spear really lacking, and dpe to be good treasure hunter (dpe and joly is realy moneymaking)

Shinobi giving best burst dmg (shuriken+clone) and can do pvp (mokuton then ironhook)

Seriously hard to decide

Shinobi is never an option, ask anyone who has played it. It’s terrible

pick dragoon and use 2h spears

I’d loose Hexen Dropper then
Swap?

What is the type of armor you wear in the video you showed? Plate or Leather?

I’m just curious by the way since this build is also my build right now.

Leather but i have a plate top i swap to when enemies use pierce damage