Tree of Savior Forum

Debuff skills scaling

Recently i saw this change:

and i thought it would be awesome if more skills that place a debuff on the enemy would scale so that the debuff duration goes up when you level up the skill.
Most skills that place suche debuffs on enemys don’t have any scaling like this so you usally put just one point into them, which for me feels really unsatisfying and if the debuff duration would only go up even slightly i would have a reason to level up these skills like in the case of “Umbo Thrust”.

For an example i took Hoplites skill Spear Lunge on level 1 and 10:

The damage increase you get from leveling up this skill is rather irrelavant especially on higher levels.
Now to not make this too overpowered you could simply reduce the base duration to something like 3 seconds and then let it get 0.6 seconds per level (formula would be -> 3 sec +[skill level*0.6] sec) this way people who only got Hoplite C2 would still get their 6 seconds debuff duration if they’d level up Spear Lunge to level 5 and people who got Hoplite C3 could get a total of 9 seconds with Spear Lunge maxed out.
Cooldown could be adjusted accordingly mabye go up very slightly aswell or remain unchanged since it still wouldn’t have 100 % uptime.
Hope some stuff member reads this :confused:

It could be interesting, debuffs already are quite hard to play with, although a better solution may be increasing debuff duration, but decreasing their effectiveness while buffing the other skills in the class to help make up for the difference of personal DPS.