Tree of Savior Forum

Dear devs, please up the buff Limit. I don't wanna waste a rank on a useless class

As topic says, I really dislike the idea that I need krivis with priest 3, the class is garbage other than daino which is all I need it for. Fix this please. Its been a pet peeve of mine for a long time that we are forced to take a class that is otherwise completly useless to us just because you set the buff limit way to low.

2 Likes

Buy scrolls and pick another class.

Nope. All they need to do is buff krivis. I like the idea of buff limit and such skill as daino since it’s unique and make game more difficult. If you think that you can have everything and do not need to sacrifice anything for it you’re funny. Either stick with krivis or buy scrolls. Making krivis even more useless is the last thing they should do. Krivis need buff not nerf… :expressionless:

3 Likes

You don’t have to ever play Krivis to get past the buff limit.
I bought a bunch of scrolls last week for my thaumaturge as I hate buffers who don’t Daino on my Doppel. With a SPR build you don’t buy SP pots, instead that money goes to Daino scrolls.

1 Like

You could also lvl up a pardoner (pretty easy right now with priest c3 full spr and max blessing) to make as your scroll slave for daino too, even cheaper than buying from people and you only need it to reach rank 6. (Cleric > Priest C3 > Krivis > Pardoner, or rank 5 if you drop Priest C3 for Priest C2 instead).

You’re saying two contradictory things right now. Either Krivis is garbage, or Krivis is strong because of Daino. It can’t be both.

Plenty of C1 classes are taken for a single skill, by the way. Scout cloaking, Falconer circling, Linker joint penalty, Peltasta swashbuckling, Barbarian cleave, Psychokino PP, Rogue sneak hit, etc. etc.

1 Like

If you are ending up choosing a class purely for a single skill, that class is definitely not useless. At that point your essentially making the decision of “This one skill is worth 3+ skills combined of my other choices”.

Also there no such thing as [need] when building a class. You choose to go cookie cutter. There plenty of Priest3 builds without Krivis.

As other have mention. You seem to be making argument that Krivis is simultaneously incredibly OP and incredibly trash. Which I am sure no one really needs to point out of silliness in.

Basically OP doesn’t want to “waste” 1 rank so he can “perfect” his build lel. Stop whining about everything and accept compromises. Not like you really need Krivis as above suggested. Everything goes your way what’s the point of playing.

1 Like

Are you asking to up the buff limit just for a single build without considering the far reaching implications of every class and every build and every party gaining an extra buff slot?

Not having to cast daino doesn’t make the game easier. It just saves us from having to waste a slot on a piece of garbage when we could get something actually useful. No other game does this for a reason. Its a really stupid design choice imo. Also the scrolls are too costly for a 3 minute buff, you think they’d get increased duration like the spell shops to make them worthwhile.

1 Like

Yeah Sly but still, its for a skill that should not even be NEEDED at all in any mmorpg.

1 Like

Buff limit is an perfect example of unnecessary limits in Tree of Restrictions. The concept should be scrapped and Krivis reworked.

1 Like

Maybe, but one could say the same for Swashbuckling. Mob aggro cap isn’t strictly NEEDED, but it’s a mechanic within the game. Edit: Or Circling. AoE attack ratio is a hella weird mechanic I’ve never seen in any other game, is it needed? No, but I think it adds something interesting anyway.

1 Like

I think buff count is fine, but really we another buff count at rank7 and next at rank9. like how we get on rank5

there are getting more buffs with every rank released

Only gripe I have with buff limits is when you get people spamming swiftstep, reflect shield, throwing every buff they have at once, etc… and crowding out useful buffs.

The difference is that the game is “balanced” around thoughtful buffs, and random dungeons kind of defeat that. At the very least they should make your merc missions and leveling dungeons have a defaut daino. It’s not just a cleric class issue, it’s a problem with so many classes having group buffs.

1 Like

A Daino scroll lvl5 or so lasts the entire dungeon as a Thauma c3 and you get more than enough silver to buy multiple scrolls off one mission or dungeon
…

Aukuras and Zalciai are some of the best buffs in the game, they’re not garbage.
Aukuras boosts your dodge by reducing a foes accuracy and Zalciai reduces the enemies critresistance, which is practically a critrate boost.

Daino is just the cherry on top. And really, now that you don’t need Aspersion in your buffslot, you have effectively 1 more free buffslot. Just buy a lvl 1 Daino Scroll for 750-900 silver and have 2 additional free buffslots. Priest only has Blessing, Sacrament, Revive, Monstrance and Stoneskin which are needed, and Stoneskin even has a downtime.

Those buffs occupy 5 of your 8-9 free buffslots as a Cleric, allowing you to add at least 3-4 other buffs until you’re hitting the limit. With Daino level 1 that would be 5-6 free buffslots.
Even on my Archer(5 baseslots +2 for Token and attribute) I rarely get a buffoverload, and if I do I just cancel the shitty buffs that noone needs like e.g. Reflect Shield or Revive [if you can play and have decent equip, Revive is not a requirement to beat dungeons].

Also, you can get boni from Weapon-/Armor maintenance/- Enchant to boost your survivability/damage, so lowly buffs are not a requirement anymore.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.