Tree of Savior Forum

🎯 [General]What is optimum DEX count recommendation for accuracy 🎯

:dart: What is optimum DEX count recommendation for physical classes in PvE and PvP accuracy :dart:

Back in RO from the meta in the era I played, it was said 20~30 Dex would suffice to accurately hit general enemies. I suppose ToS will have a meta optimum DEX aswell.

unless IMC would give accuracy buffs to certain classes or NPC sell out potion buffs(NON-PREMIUM) that increase accuracy. @STAFF_Ethan

PvE = 1?, just buy/acquire the most accurate gloves?

PvP = ???

It is really depending what classes and builds that you are using. The only issues are that there are some classes required to use Vubbe Fighter Gaunlets for AoE Range + STR for their skills/attacks for PvE as far as i know. Otherwise… high accuracy glove all the way.

Swordsman tier - All of them, except pure tank Peltasta .
Cleric tier - Paladin and Monk. (Except Auto-Attacked Chaplain, those multi-lines attack never miss).
Archer tier - All of them (Not sure about Wugushi’s poison).
Wizard - Auto-Attack Linker+Thaumaturge

PvE - Any high levels accuracy glove + gems (At least 300+ Based Accuracy to hit against Lv180-200+ monsters and bosses)
PvP - 100+ DEX or Pure DEX against full dodge gears Sadhu is recommended if you’re physical DPS type + depending on your class set-up as well.

Assuming this formula is accurate (which there is no reason to believe it is not), and I am reading it correctly…

Source: ([Guide] Detailed Mechanics Overview)

At level 500, if you have 0 additional Accuracy and your opponent has 500 additional Dodge, they will only dodge your attacks 30% of the time. For every 100 points in DEX you will only lower that by about 5%.

Even if they can manage to get 1000 more Dodge than you have Accuracy (which AFAIK is very much impossible), they will only dodge you 62% of the time.

So… for PvP, you need 0 DEX? I think putting any points in DEX solely for Accuracy reasons would be a waste.

4 Likes

I’d just have some accuracy from items and thats it(if you dont really want DEX in your stat build)

I resetted and put 0 points into DEX. Now I’m missing too much in battle league because of high dex swordie builds.

So now I have to level more and start putting points into DEX.

Keep in mind that what I said was for if you are both level 500. If you are both level 200, every 100 more Dodge they have than you have Accuracy will reduce your chance of hitting by about a 19%, so at lower levels DEX plays a bigger role.

I believe you are referring to a trusted formula. However, at lvl 500, with 250 dex + Evasion skill, a rogue may get 1782 evasion rate (excluding attributes & equipment, also not mentioning other buffs such as Monstrance or Fencer’s).

While at lvl 500, with 0 dex, you only have 635 accuracy.

So, it’s not literally impossible.

Oh, also:

Truth is, at lvl 500, for every 158 points in DEX you will lower 10% evasion chance.

I definitely need to become more familiar with melee class skills, I didn’t realize that both Rogue and Fencer have skills that double evasion for a period of time. :sweat_smile:

Well, those are fine because it’s literally the point of them anyways.
Sometimes I wonder how many of us forget that Mosntrance’s duration is super short and is a magic circle on the matters of Monstance.

Yep. And Swift Step’s increasing evasion up to 20%.

I stat reset my swordie to pure STR for PvE. In PvP battlegrounds, I consistently miss against archer/swordie, to the point where I literally can’t kill someone who is cc-locked ( because you can dodge while cc’d for some reason ). ( In Battleground your level / gear is standardized, so the only difference should be DEX )

You definitely need DEX for accuracy in PvP.

There’s certain classes. YOU literally wont hit at level 200 range. If your low dex /accuracy build and melee.

Problem is solved, as magic atks always hits.

A level 200 archer 3 type+.
Got an awfull high doge rate.

YOu can count on them having around 200~250 dex+20% bonus+leather armor(more doge).
Around 400 dogerate should be easy for these builds.
Not to mention rouge eva buff xD.

so what is the recommended DEX for arena pvp then?

As a high crit rate / chance spec due to skills like Sneak Hit / Backstab / Traps… can crits miss or are they auto-hits like in RO?

me think they miss, dunno actually

guys i can say that for lvl 270 evasion cap is around 750 (330 dex one of highest dex build +20% swift step)

so if you want be sure to hit the most evasive archer have to consider that.

well im planning to change my build in to a pvp ones because i had take 2 cicles as hunter and for pve is not so good.

so i need to know like you guys how much dex we need on a pvp build. because i want put as much str possibile but be sure hit high dex target.

help me now we now that evasion cap is around 750 for lvl 270. i’m not good with formulas.

with priest dex buff it can be even higher but dont know right data.