Tree of Savior Forum

Damage Types and Elements - Basic Guide

how do elemental resistance works? if it works at all? :s

Iā€™m not sure of the actual formula, but last time I checked it was a direct reduction from the damage you receive of that particular element.

Letā€™s say you are attacked with a 1000 fire damage and have 100 fire resistance, then the final damage will be 900.

I noticed something:

Monsters have some property resistance.

unfortunately we canā€™t see how many they have.

Elemental/property resistance only applies to flat damage, also known in game as the ā€œAdd. Fire Property Damageā€ stat (and other attributes than Fire). You can receive this bonus from gear and some skills (such as Enchant Fire).

It does not apply to general damage from that element and monsters very rarely inflict this type of damage, making resistance nearly useless in PVE. It is mainly a PVP stat for players, and even then, has extremely niche usefulness.

The formula is no longer flat. This was changed some time ago and is applied in a similar fashion to other stats in the game (log).

addedDamage = attributeAtk * min(1, log10((attributeAtk / (attributeRes + 1)) ^ 0.9 + 1))

I believe this is the latest formula, but it may have been changed.

Correct, this was given to them in an update.

All monsters have equal resistance to all attributes based on the following formula:

resist = floor(((monsterLevel / 3) ^ 2) / 30) + 30

As an example, all level 420 monsters have 683 property resistance to all attributes.

2 Likes