Tree of Savior Forum

Cyromancer guide ... and what path to take

Returning player here. Alot of change.

Does anyone still play cyromancer? If so how do you distribute your stat and skill points?

Is snow balling still worth getting? Or is Cyromancer 3 itself still worth going?

I’m a noob before returning so bare with me haha

I think most people don’t play cryo3 anymore. I have a character with cryo3, but that’s because it’s based on an “ice wizard” theme and mainly use cryo for DPS. My build is wiz2-cryo3-ele3-rc. Stats: full INT. Skills for cryo: Ice Pike (7/15), Ice Wall (10/15), Ice Blast (3/15), Subzero Shield (10/10), Snow Rolling (10/10), Frost Pillar (5/5).

Cryo is still good for support. CryoChrono was just too essential in the past that makes every party wants to have them. The nerf opens the doors to other support builds such as LinkerThauma builds. I don’t think Cryo is necessarily dead but it just is not as popular as before. CryoKino is also another variation for Cryo.

• Wiz1>Cryo3>Chrono3>Sage2/Ench2. The same version of cryochrono with haste and pass. Snow rolling is even better than before in terms of gathering mobs due to its larger AOE. Sage2 can provide additional DPS and missile hole. Plus you can set up portal shops. Enchanter for enchant lightning which helps party do more damage on frozen enemies. Enchant earth for block. As an enchanter you also get to spam lightning hands normal attack.

• Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Ench2. GP and PP have lightning attribute with enchant lightning. Cryo3 and Kino3 is great in crowd control since you have an array of skills to choose from (Frost Pillar, Snow Rolling, Magnetic Force, Gravity Pole)

• Wiz1>Cryo2>Kino3>Chrono3. A different version of cryochrono with Kino3 in it. Cryo2 so you give up Frost Pillar. But you have all the other skills from Kino3 to CC mobs. This build is focuses on CC-ing mobs for your party.

• Wiz1>Cryo3>Sorc2>???. Cryo with Sorc in it. Cryo3 mainly to CC mobs so that your summon can take down the mobs. ??? have many options, such as Warlock3, Necro3, Runecaster>Sage2 etc depending on what you like.

All these are just ideas that come off my head that might be viable.

I recently did a cryo3 build, I like the cryo role, the build is, wizard1-cryomancer3-elementalist2-RC-onmyoj2, you have all the ice property attack skills, and you have the ice rune to increase your damage, either let’s forget the elementalist’s hail and onmyoji’s skill, and electrocut gains 50% extra damage, I liked the build a lot, the lack of superspell is compensated with the freezing skills.

The new Cryo is amazing for Damage balanced with control

Im currently Cryo 3 - Thauma 2 - Runecaster - Onmyoji
and the amount of control and aoe damage is amazing

A crucial problem with cryo is that freeze is now often more annoying to party members or useless than it is useful.

In Challenge mode, most parties will want to go to a corner so mobs will gather faster to be burst down with AoE (typically inquisitor’s flame).

In Velcoffer, freeze does not apply to the monsters and most of your utility is therefore gone (you’ll have snow rolling but that’s pretty much it…)

One positive side is that the Hydra card can make a freeze oriented dps build stronger, but it will be situational.

I use Wiz > Cryo3 > Kino3 > Omi2

• Cryo is different now. The only down is losing the pull.
  • Snowball is bigger and faster to cast than before.
  • Ice pike hits a bigger area and freeze 100%
  • Ice Bolt is insta cast now
  • The tree is still good, it freezes mobs for a long duration it combo well with Omi (didnt test with sage but i guess it works well too)
  • The wall+PP combo is weaker, you need RC to make it hit hard.
  • Cryo + Kino is the ultimate CC. Mobs just don’t move.

Overall i think cryo is much faster to play and have great utility specially when you pair it with another class that can pull enemies.

My favorite combo is: magnetic force + heavy gravity + Ice Pike :slight_smile:

Do you think I should max ice blast? Cause’ I used to follow MagicBiscuit guide on Cryomancer and he suggest to max Ice Blast as it’s the highest damage dealing skill

Maybe it’s better if you tell us what is your intended path for cryo, then it will be easier to suggest how to allocate your skill points.

Can Magnetic force + Ice Pike + Swell body be an alternative to the boring linker 2 Thauma experience for a farming CC build?
Of course with the down side of gathered mobs not sharing damage, but it could be solved with a better weapon.

Wiz - Crio - Kino 2 - Thauma 3 - xx in the end.

I was thinking Wiz1>Cryo3>Chrono3>Sage2 … not sure how to distribute stat and skill though

Another one which comes to my mind is Wiz1> Cryo3> Element3>sage2 … just to get the lightning attack

Frost Pillar and Snow Rolling is a must max, because they increases in duration as their level increases. Since you are Cryo3Chono3, I suppose your main job would be to support by haste+pass+CC/freezing mobs. Hence, high level ice wall is good since you can build more walls to CC mobs in place. You can put 1 into ice bolt and ice blast for utility. High level ice pike would be good too since it has much bigger AOE than before, and it can freeze a large group of mobs. Higher level ice pike with more damage is thus a bonus. Rest of the times when your skills are on CD, you can use your sage2 DPS skills, or gather mobs again with Dimension Compression. Losing out on high level ice blast wont affect you much.

I just realized snow rolling cancel linker’s link. 1 less skill to cast :thinking: