Tree of Savior Forum

Currently playing hacka+falc, need some suggestion, please give your insight! and its for PVE

right now im playing a1-qs3-app-falc3-hacka, and as much as i love and a super huge fan of running shot because it gives you “agile” feeling to be able to AA while moving in normal speed, i feel like that skill is starting to become less relevant anymore especially with my current class choices (unless you are a pure AA class like pure AA BM or musket with groovling muzzle i think its still worth to go) , yes you can easily kill a single enemy with less SP spend, and its great if you farm on a map like kalejima for example, where you need to run whole map. But there will be a patch in the future where archer’s skills will cost less SP, and even right now you can spam low cd skill to kill a single enemy very fast.

Most importantly that running shot doesnt have any attribute, at all.
but on the other side, scatter caltrops lvl 15 is a really great skill for me, it does CC and do a lot of damage, (mostly its 1 shotting mobs on DG 300 and narvas with aiming+circling)

• Ranger: not sure to ranger at all, because falc n hacka is a strike & pierce type skill, yes i do saw some people taking a1-ranger3-rogue/app-falc3-hacka, but just why? does ranger c3 alone is good? steady aim doesnt buff a lot of your skill its not that you’re taking fletcher-mergen route.
  • Sapper: im not even planning to take sapper2, and my reason is not because of mount/dismount more like theres nothing great about sapper except broom trap, (which still doesnt hit air unit).
  • Rogue: currently im using 3x marnox lv10, and i dont know if its worth it to change it to werewolf class (because this card is a must for rogue class from what people said) , since 3 card gives you only 30% chance to registry your hit/skil as backstab, im not sure 30% is high and it doesnt guarentee you to do crit. Also selling marnox lv10 with a normal price isnt the easiest thing to do i guess?
    But, if you think that getting ranger/sapper is worth it, please give a good reason, thanks!

i need some suggestion from you experienced archer tree player and im intending to keep appraiser if i can, because blindside+charge is a free aoe crit debuff for me, and this is the class ive been thinking:

• a3-qs1 (pavise is some good stuff for aggro and it helps in CM/ET/HG grind, caltops also help cc and aoe dmg, but im not sure about the dmg if its only 5 level) /// (archer 3, lv15 SS, another good buff to increase my crit rate)
  • a3-wugu1 (zhendu, wugong gu, venom will help a lot of killing single unit, i could careless about pot)
  • or should i keep a1-qs3 and not doing any reset? its pretty hard feeling to let go of running shot because you’re used to that, but again running shot feels become less important for my build, but its feels good to play semi-AA, oo boi this is hard!
  • or if i have to change my appraiser to other stuff im also all ear to your suggestion! (but once again i said i wont change falc3-hacka

note: for equipment, im currently making my progress to full solmiki leather set (more survivability and necklace ready!), so my crit rate is pretty meh (650 right now) because im not using fietas

bonus question: right now im using 2h-bow, xbow, n sword, do i have actually to do that?
The good part is you deal more damage with 2h-bow when you AA or using falc skill, but it cost A LOT of silver n RNG, especially socketing and lv7/8 gem, im not even equpping gem into my 2h-bow right now, only 6 green lv7 to xbow & sword. But on the other side, finding a primus xbow with good stat is super hard (only found 30+ con, dex, str blue xbow which im currently using as stat booster only, because blue rarity is suck for damage), and its not even existed on market right now in my server and 2h-bow with good stat, thats a lot of em, im not even consider buying masinios xbow, unless im keeping my qs3, which that is what i want to get rid. solmiki crossbow also have a so-so stat, and it takes a lot of time to get

actually my current skill rotation is blindside-pheasant-charge(while pheasant stll on animation)-hack skills, so my pheasant damage is still from 2h-bow
but i think ill just invest on xbow and sword, since im not planning to play mergen or fletcher on my other archer
also it is hard to find a primus xbow with good or decent stat (theres some good blue xbow, but the damage is too low and im also relying on pheasant dmg), but ill eventually find one

other stuff, i think ill your a1-ranger3 since ranger c2 is meh, but you didnt mention about a3-ranger1, isnt it more useful? since what ill use mostly is critical shot and lv1 or 15 doesnt matter for the debuff, right? and with a3 i could use lv 15SS crit rate buff, whats your opinion on this.

anyway thanks a lot for your insight, its really helpful

so my pheasant damage is still from 2h-bow

It’s actually the pre-emptive strike from Fal3 I’m concerned about when it strikes while you are on xbow + sword.

hard to find a primus xbow with good or decent stat

Sad to hear that, though that isn’t the case for my server, and primus crossbow is very cheap compared to other primus weapons.

you didnt mention about a3-ranger1

It’s all about skill rotations. If you find yourself having enough skills rotation already, then A3 R1 would work. But I honestly don’t see that being the case. Of course with A3 you get Twin Arrow, which has only 7 secs CD with 5 overheat, but it’s a very weak single target skill compared to all the stuffs Ranger 3 can offer you. Yes A3 R1 would offer 175 more critical rate than A1 R3, but since Critical Rate formula is diminishing (critical rate – critical resistance)^0.6, and you mentioned that you already have 650 cri rate right now even at A1, I don’t think this 175 critical rate is worth it if you don’t have enough skills at the upper ranks.

since what ill use mostly is critical shot

Oh and to clarify, when you already at critical shot buff x5, you only need to use 1 time to refresh the timing, not 5 times again (unless you failed to refresh it on time). So critical shot won’t be something you use most of the time.

I do not recommend taking archer3 just to get Lv 15 Swift Step vs archer2 Lv10 swift step. The increase in critical rate is very low. You trade 1 class circle for the small increase. Instead when you have to choose between archer3 or archer2-ranger1, pick archer2-ranger1 for a stronger damage boost.

If you are tired of qs3, Ranger3 - free rank - falconer3 - hackapel1 (hackapel2 at rank 10) is sufficient at AoE. You may pick archer2, rogue1, or other classes for the free rank.
Ranger3 is strong now.

Silute itos player going to Challenge mode 6 with ranger3 - rogue1 - falconer3 - mergen1. Hackapel1 version is viable too.

An option is to use 2-handed bow main weapon to benefit ranger3 steady aim more. Leave crossbow (for stats/gems) + sword (anvil, trans, stat, gem) on auto-swap slot will auto-swap during hackapel skills, then auto-swap back to 2-handed bow.

1 Like

@Zenigame @greyhiem
so its all between a1-ranger3 or a2-ranger2
its a pretty tough choice, for SS crit rate and ranger3 which offer a lot on 3rd circle, but honestly ive played a2 and SS buff doesnt feel like contribute anything to my crit rate

so i guess a1-r3 is the best right now, since most of the time im able to get crit on mobs when i do blindside+charge

for 2h-bow & xbow, i think ill see in r10 is there any good 380 primus xbow with good stat available, if theres none of them theres no other choice than using 2h-bow and any xbow with good dex+str for gem socket

thanks again for all your insight!

1 Like