Tree of Savior Forum

[Cube Drop mechanic] For more fair loots : Dynamic drop rates

Hello everyone, and especially you, desperate to get your Arde Dagger/Magas2H/Petamion without any luck.

There should be, in this game, a system where the drop rates on Dungeon/world bosses change depending on what you got previously.
Every time you get anything from a cube, its drop rate for the next cube should go down, while the rates for other components rise.

For example, if I get Talt from the Lv 90 Dungeon, Arde Dagger/Beetleback/Necromancer Card should be more likely to drop on the next cube, while Talt should have a lower drop rate.
This way, grinding dungeons and rerolling is actually rewarding : even if you don’t get it this time, you know it gives you more chance to get it on the next try. Such a system would allow unlucky people to catch up to the lucky ones more easily.

Thoughts, constructive criticism are welcome.

MadScientist.

4 Likes

Honestly I think this is an amazing and fair idea and I’m one of the people who got Arde Dagger(then sold it >_>)

However there’s people who defend the ‘grind’ aspect to death so be wary.

+1

1 Like

Nah, just rely on our good o’l RNG.

1 Like

Trove have a system where you are guaranntee drop after a certain number of cubes. This number give higher percentage the more cubes opened and reset upon receving any rare drop. I think this would be great if we have something like this

1 Like

I ask a player who got arde dagger in dun, he said he spent 450k just to reroll cubes.

+1 I like this idea, i have opened more than a 100+ times on the lv90dungeon box and i still havent gotten an arde which is a 5% drop , but i got a Gold bar and silver bar from lv50 dungeon in just 3 tries and they are like 0.5% rate, even got a maledic from a lv130 dungeon which is 1% in a few tries… QwQ i am all salt :3 .

That’s the thing, I feel like grinding makes much more sense if you actually have more chance the more you grind.
Right now, it’s just a dice roll on every boss you kill, without any difference with the previous cube you opened.

A grind-heavy game should reward people who put the means to get their items, not the ones who are lucky enough to get it the first couple times.

I agree, even if the percentage went up(And down) only 1% per failed opening that’d still be better then what we currently have. This game has a lot of drop inconsistencies honestly…