Tree of Savior Forum

Cryomancer Tentative Changes

I’ve been a cryomancer player for as long as the game was open beta for free.

After all this years of cryomancing and experience, i would love to ask for some changes-

Feasible and completely needed changes:

• Remove Ice Blast target limit or make it 10 targets. (Ice pike has a 10 target limit while ice blast has an 8 target limit, makes no sense, they should complement each other).

Tentative changes:

• Ice wall partial remake.

REMOVE ICE SHARDS “the projectiles thrown out when hitting the wall” and ADD instead of the following:

Ice blast + ice wall interaction. Remove the hit limit per ice blast cast BUT make the walls blow up once ice blast is used, meaning each wall can only be blasted once.

The first version of these interaction was extremely strong because there was no hit limit, 3 over heat and walls would last for the entire duration. The actual version though is extremely weak and doens’t feel rewarding. Making a similar version to the first attempt but “removing the overheat” by making the walls die after the first use limits it’s damage a lot. Alternatively i suggest making it deal 5-10 hits maximum per overheat to a boss.

Ice pike + ice wall interaction (new): Ice pikes hitting ice walls make them change in shape. Ice walls become pikes which deal X% SFR on enemies on top of them. DOESN’T FREEZE TARGET, MAY CAUSE BLEEDING.

This just came to my mind, ice pikes that last long and deal a low SFR, maybe 50-70%, but you could potentially end up creating 15-20 pikes at the floor at the same time. It would require dmg balancing ofc.

I feel there is a need to remove the ice wall shards from existance, but not without giving ice wall a secondary interactive dps tool to replace the actual option. The shards have caused FPS issues and channel crashing for a long time.

1 Like

Interesting ideas. But we both know that damage is not Cryo’s main job and priority.

Personally, I’m good with the current cryo. It’s doing its purpose really great on CC.Just give all the damaging job with another wizard class.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.