Tree of Savior Forum

CryoKino PVP questions

CryoKino used to be like PVP king but after the nerfs, is it still good for PVP?

I read that gravity pole is pathetic now, but do cryokinos still have other good skills to PVP with? For instance, it subzero shield still worth maxing? Other skills such as raise and swap are still good for PVP right? And there is still a chance to freeze opponents, just that the chances aren’t that high?

Is full con still the way to go, or would a good balance between both be ideal. I also use my cryokino for PVE (as a sub though), but with the way INT adds damage to wizard skills, would it be a waste to invest into INT since I’m not really a DPS class. How will I fare soloing quests though if I don’t have INT?

Yes! There are:

• Raise (and Swap).
  • Frost pillar (pull effect bypass PD’s blood if I remember correctly).
  • PP (with stun).
  • Icewalls (and Ice-shards), if you use correctly.
  • Snowrolling (follow others CC).

Counter melee-attack only. It makes Cataphract / Shinobi / etc avoid you (maybe?), of course without PD’s blood.[quote=“icyruios, post:1, topic:317029”]
And there is still a chance to freeze opponents, just that the chances aren’t that high?
[/quote]

Sorry but I dunno what you mean.

Full con is better (you need to survive to do your job: CC).[quote=“icyruios, post:1, topic:317029”]
How will I fare soloing quests though if I don’t have INT?
[/quote]

PP & Gravity Pole are your answer. They provide enough damage.

Still pretty decent, as a cryosorc I get bullied big time by cryokinos in PVP~

cryokinos are still superb on pvp.
the gravity pole is really a meeeehhh on pvp but raise and teleport(saved my ass all the time) and PP still good.
the subzero shield still works coz i freeze some when im only the one left alive in my pt.
IW+PP is <3
full con is the best~

tbh…we got rekt from 4 cryos with kino. sleep+frost pillar+raise+ icewall then PP = dead as fck :expressionless:

Contrary to my first impression on the nerfs, I believe that Psychokino can still manage matches on its own.

1. Raise is still good for disabling a lot of people. I usually combo Teleport+Raise since people will not expect that. But this technique is only good if you have a lot of CON.
  2. Gravity Pole is good filler damage/debuff if you have another party member distracting the enemy. The slow debuff helps in keeping the enemy in a spot, though not as good as the hold ability that was nerfed.
  3. Psychic Pressure is your main dps skill. With stun attrib, you are most likely to kill low CON enemy once you channel PP.
  4. Magnetic Force, for me, is the most important skill the kino has. It has great AOE disable and is long-ranged. It is a precursor to casting other disables like Sleep, Raise, or PP.
  5. Telekenesis is not always effective, but using it can make or break your game.

would it be “less bad” now to go cryo3kino2 warlock instead of cryo2kino3 warlock

cos cryo3 makes you quite useful in PvE with 2 nice CCs

but now kino3 only has 1 nice cc (raise … since GP is “useless” now) ;
but kino2 still retains its good skills+attributes (PP stun, magnetic force)

what do you think?

It’s a CC type with some burst dmg

1 Like

GP is almost useless only in PvP now. In PvE it is still nice CC skill. I would personally not go cry1-2 at all, and would not drop c3 psy for c3 cryo both in PvE or PvP.

I encourage cryo3 or only cryo1. Cryo2 does not bring much to the table other than SZS, and SZS is borderline useless unless in melee range.

Cryo3 gives 2 CC skills that are definite tide turners in TBL. One circle of Cryo allows for diversity in the build (usually RC, Wiz3, or something else is added as substitute). Cryo2 gives nothing in terms of damage (hah) or CC, and the biggest reason to go Cryo at this point (as in PVP) is for the CC.