Tree of Savior Forum

Cryoc3/Psyc2/Warl... does it work?

well a little introducction, im 120 w/c/p/c, going for psychokino again, my dilema now its that:

1. i got to decide wich take first, the psychokino c2 or Cryo c3
  2. its a good call to take warlok at last?
  3. im getting a build found on cloth and rod for the passives that work with those kind but its that worth?

Pole of Agony has 120 sec cd - so it isnt that great - other skills would certainly give nice dps - though I’d rather take runemaster for ice rune (+300% ice dmg) and destruction rune (high dmg) - which synchronize great with cryo esp c3

1 Like

ty@krajkwitnacejwisni
for the info of warlok i will think about it, also i was aiming for rune caster but i have read a lot of comments that says that for rune caster its best to have at least wiz 2 for the surespell and then w3 for the 8 sec cast, whats your opinion about that?

Ive seen cryo3-kino3 do well. Its a maximum control build, and i think raise and gravity pole are going to be more useful to you than warlock if you are already going cryo3-kino2.

Note, kino2 makes PP reasonably usable on its own with the stun attribute, but kino1 with out surespell is going to be almost useless for direct PP use, you will be using it on your ice walls, at a distance, only. you can sleep+PP as well.

So i would advise either getting kino2 (or 3)asap, or going full to cryo3 before getting kino at all

Basically both cryo and kino are really good when you get them ranked up, but kind of meh early on, so alternating their levels like that is just going to drag out the time it takes you to get something really useful to lean on while leveling.

1 Like

Each build has its own interesting things going on. I’m divided as to what to go for, Warlock or Rune Caster… because, sure, Rune Caster has immense dmg, but you have to use it before a battle or be out of harm’s way, which you can’t always afford, plus Runes cost, so you can’t use the skills everywhere… but it’s crazy damage against bosses, you can kill them so quick.
Warlock is relatively run of the mill, in a sense. you can get some good damage with something besides the icewall+PP combo, it’s just not OP with the other stuff–not that that’s what everyone wants anyway.

and yeah the other option is Cryo3+Kino3. It’s alright… more damage and the last skills from each class, which are both really good, but not really adding much of anything new to the crazy stuff you can already do.

1 Like

I’m personally going for Cryo3+Kino3 with the intent to chose either Rune or one of the new classes when Rank 8 comes out. That said I’m not going to actually advance to Rank 7 until then in case the later circles of Feather or War wind up having something that works amazingly with a Cryo/Kino build.

1 Like

Has there been any word about rank 8 (like when)?
Warlock c2 or rune caster, tough choice :open_mouth:

1 Like

You didn’t specify what kind of char do you want to make? PvP (many diffrent - eg. wiz3->cryo1->psych1->rune->warl(?) (fast caster) or cyo3->psy1->rune->warl), Best CC (Cryo3+Chrono3), Monster Grouper (Cryo3+Link3), Best possible burst Dmg (probably similar to fast caster pvp char, just with different stat distribution)?

1 Like

I’ve been pondering things like this myself, and I really have to say, Psycho 3 is a really nice bump up from Psycho 2. Raise is so amazing. It’s like Stop, but you can still hit things! How cool is that? And between Gravity Pole and Psychic Pressure mixed with that? It just flows together really nice.

The warlock skills are certainly more bursty though, there is no denying that. Pole of Agony and Dark Theurge hit many times in a short period of time. But, Psycho 3 won’t leave you without tools to kill things at acceptable paces. It also adds some great CC tools that benefit both you and others.

Let me give you this video to show you what a pure CON Cyro 3 Psycho 3 can do in PvE solo:

1 Like

Well its also very viable build. Though video itself isn’t really helpful as he’s attacting monsters 10 (to3) lvls below his - and you should go for 3-10 above xP

1 Like