Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo3-Chrono3 Skill allocations

Hi guys!

I’m a little confused as to which would be a more recommended skill build for cryo3-chrono3. The two builds i have found (recent ones) are

I have the following questions

Is Subzero Shield still worth putting points into after the nerf?
Should Ice Pike be left at 5 with gust and ice wall maxed for Cryo2?
Essentially, which guide (best cryo-chrono or frost tempo) would be a better skill build to follow for a late/end game pure support cryo-chrono?

Thanks guys!

Ice Pike is the Best Damage Spell Cryo have (not great , but has decent damage.) I would recommend max it.

imao, Gust is not worth 10 PT and it Anti-CC spell (i.e. it remove freeze status when it hit target. Gust damage is not high less than Ice Pike most of then time. it did decent damage on frozen mob tho.
the problem is Boss cannot be freeze. I would recommend 1 point + w/e left over.

I would only get Ice Bolt to lv 3. just for faster cast. the spell damage is really low but good thing is it freeze attribute.

sup-zero shield has been nurf a lot. you better off use Plate armor set and buy def buff from pardoner.

Subzero was only nerfed in pvp not pve. If you dont max it you risk taking more damage than other cryos in dungeons. And even in pvp having a maxed subzero makes you an anti-melee target. It’s a big deal.

Max ice pike, leave ice wall at lvl9

Dont have time to go in depth atm but other people will probably answer your questions~

Thanks guys!

I just ran a check, im at 3 icebolt, 5 ice pike and 5 ice wall right now.

I can either max subzero or ice pike with the other being 3 points away from max (assuming snow rolling, frost pillar are maxed, and ice wall has 9 points in it)

which should i then prioritize? the pike or the shield?

How about gust? Is 1 point enough or should i ignore it completely?

thanks so much!

Oddly enough on both my cryos I completely ignored Gust lol

Doesnt do much for us. Which is bad. Long casting time, horrible damage, and a 100% frozen removal. Not fun/good.

I’d suggest maxing Subzero. If you’re running an Audra Cryo (which is basically what people run) you’ll be fine. Besides your job is CC not damage.

I went from 1 - 160 using an Ice Rod. Slow, and heavily dependant on priest buffs so you basically get a free level in ALL cryo skills. Audra gives +2. So you dont really need crazy points.

If you wanted you could run 7 Ice wall, rest into pike.

@MonkeyMoniker

Thanks for the advice! I’m so sorry if this comes across as a silly question, but what is an audra cryo?

Also would there be significant disadvantages in maxing pike and having 7 ice wall, over having 13 pike and 9 ice wall?

Audra is a staff that has +2 Cryo skill

Not really much of a difference tbh. I find the damage negligable whether I max it or not : D

But if Ill be completely honest, the main things you REALLY need to max as a cryo are Subzero / Snow Rolling / Frost Pillar.

The rest of the skillpoints are yours to spend accordingly cuz in dungeons and stuff you’ll be usually spamming Frost Pillar > Snow rolling for cc (or Stop > snow rolling). Ice pike and ice bolt are to be used to CC (I usually save ice bolt to freeze mobs that are chasing my… uh, squishier associates.) And to be completely honest, I rarely use ice wall unless I have a monk / have a kino in the group.

alright! I think i’ll max Subzero, snow rolling and frost pillar and then go 8-9 in ice wall and the rest in ice pike!

Thanks @MonkeyMoniker for the advice!

So max ice wall is a thing left over from cryokino esp pvp ones?