Tree of Savior Forum

[Cryo] Silent Subzero Shield full nerf? #patchnotes 06/28

Good. The skill needs to be nerfed even more to only work in PvE.

I thought everyone want the kToS changes?

Let’s hope for the 10 AoE attack ratio (or was it just 10 targets limit?) on Frost Cloud next.

/s

gee… please calm your narrow minded head. This thread is not about op/not op discussion of the skill but why IMC is silent patching something which is not balanced but class breaking.

1 Like

It does not.

1 Like

Even though the change was coming sooner or later this is probably a fuckup by IMC

As far as I know none of the other changes from that particular patch have hit, so its weird to only have this one get through.

Also ■■■■ all SZS abusers

You already have a limit on frost cloud now, since the beginning of iToS.

What is the limit exactly? 15 aoe atk ratio or 15 targets?

Rather have it come sooner than later so the QQ will die out faster.

Thanks for testing and pointing it out. After your screenshot i tested it too and you are right. I have to reverse my previous statement.

Subzero still works in pve unchanged and freezes with the normal freezing chance of the skill describtion archer & mage type mobs. The change seems to only imply pvp-based content (duels)

@Mirarara

could you tell me how much is Frost Cloud’s current AoE attack ratio?

It’s not stated, but there is definitely a limit (probably limited by number and not by aoe ratio though), because I can’t damage all mobs when there is too many mobs like in torch defense.

It’s 15 at max lv. /20chars

Is it fixed 15? or can you increase it with AOE atk ratio gear?

It says AoE attack ratio so I’m inclined to say yes, however I can’t be 100% sure.

Hmm ok, guess the only way to confirm is to get someone with ele3 to test, since wizards have 3 aoe atk ratio by default.

Thanks.

i can confirm in pve, ranged monsters get frozen also. yay

I made a Sub Zero Shield Test in PvE
Test monsters using Skills: Does not work
Test with monsters attacking distance: Does not Work
Test with monsters attacking melee: WORKS

I’m from Silute Server and this problem started after the day of Patch 28/06

At Demon Prision Dist 2, monster CC like: frozen, sleep, telekis, … (Raise, Swap, Gravity Pole work), except the large one (sorry, I dont remember its name).

Tested in Demon Prison F2 & F4 (Klaipeda)

Result: magic attacks do not result in freeze.

@Gatygun could you elaborate a bit?

Is subzero shield worth it at all in PVP, or am I better off putting my points into other skills? Would Ice Bolt or Ice Pike be better?