Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo-Necro PVE late game viable?

Hi guys,

I want to ask you about the viability of a build I’m thinking about, but I would like your input, since I’m not playing on KOBT, can’t test it.

I allways loved playing mages speciallized in ice magic, and Necromancer looks really good with it’s summons and damage spells. I would love to have them both on a build, but I’m still not decided about the last spot on it.

It should be something like this:

Wiz > Cryo1 > Cryo 2 > Cryo3 > ??? > Necro1 > Necro2

The thing is, I can’t decide of that ??? rank.

Psychokino’ Psychic Pressure comboes well with Ice Wall, but don’t know if it’s damage scales with Ice Wall level or Psych Pressure’s level, since I’m going only one rank.

Linker is good to help level up, and it’ll make it harder to be expelled from parties when dungeoning, but it works much better with Pyromancer.

Sorcerer offer more summons, but to be able to have complete control over them, requires rank 2.

Wizard C2 is not worth it.

Chronomancer is really good, but only at C2 and C3.

And Thaumaturge, I can’t figure out how to play with it without being on a party.

I appreciate any input you guys can give me.

If only runecaster was rank 5 would fit so nicely with Isa there. :cry:
Out of all the options I’d probably take psychokino for one rank there. Linker is a nice one too I guess if you want that, up to you. Others are better with c2 or c3.

1 Like

Yeah, Runecaster’s rank seems pretty weird at 6.

Look at Chaplain for example, it’s like a continuation from Priest C3 that you get at rank 4. It makes sense that it goes as rank 5.

Runecaster’s attributes uses Quickcast level, that you can get at Wiz C3, so it would make sense for it to be a rank 4. Since it has a buff that raises ice magic damage a lot, it would make sense to get it after Cryo C3, at rank 5. Or to combo it with Elementalist, with Hagalaz like having another Meteor magic, at rank 7.

But rank 6 ? That doesn’t make sense.

Well the relations with other classes are so minor that I’m not really surprised it’s not intended to be after any certain class reaching c3.
There’s 2 things that came to mind about it tho.
Either they have planned other hidden classes on other ranks which is why it’s rank 6. Or it could have something to do with all the current hidden classes being on ranks with “non-combat” classes like alchemist, pardoner and templar which all excel in other things like money making or guild.

Necromancer is… okay, Sorcerer is overall better I’d say because Temple Shooter, Summon Servant also offers AMAZING buffs, and they secondary aka free to boot.
Salamion and Familiar are quite nice too, if used right.
Linker has proven to have to be at least C2 to actually be worth using recently, with stronger mobs with big pools of HP you could as well get the most out of that.

In last CBT one of my mages was Wizard>Cryo1>Cryo2>Cryo3>Sorc1>Necro>1, it was hideous to lvl up when my friends were not there to party with them (even after reach necro), the damage was not as good as I was expecting but it was ok at least, now if we talk about CC it was amazing and synergy in party was great too. My only complain was that I was always running out of corpses on instances (for some reason I was unable to collect corpses there, a bug maybe?)

In pvp (duels) it was pretty good since Cryo is probably the best pvp mage but sorc and necro didn’t add too much (yeah, I had Sharpshooter).

I will say it brings utility in party since you have a lot of CC and some burst damage from time to time, but it is not a DPS like mages with Pyro, Elementalist and any mage with Linker, Chronomancer, Thaumathurge is a better support.

Now, Runecaster was not available in CBT so I don’t know how much it will affect the general chracater. Can you cast Thurisaz over your skeleton soldiers, shoggoth or corpse tower? If you can do it, does it help you? (I don’t think so, except if you are using to shaggoth to tank).

Any way I advice you to avoid Necro, it is extremly annoying and underpower next to other classes. Cryo3 is amazing, too much fun and great CC, maybe you could add something like Elementalistx3 (nice aoe dps), Linkerx2 and Runecaster (great support, plus Join Penalty + Ice Pike = insta die) or Chronox2 and Runecaster for high CC/support since you are looking for a pve char.

Necro in icb2 reporting.

The class itself works beautifully with Linker. Sorc, however, was much stronger (even despite the fact we had all Necro skills available at c1).

However if you’re dedicated to the whole undead chill kind of thing, go for it. I don’t know if Skeletons will still be c3 by the time international hits us but that is where the Necro actually feels like a Necro. A single link will make up for your summon’s split targeting and basically let your fless cannon dish out a lot more than what it typically would given it’s small area… not to mention the benefit of knot + summons etc.

Necro definitely feels more like an offensive assist to whatever your primary class is rather than becoming a primary class itself. I.e. You wouldn’t be a necro that casts ice magic, you’d be a cryo with summons. If that makes sense. The class doesn’t really shine on its own… unlike a Sorc. No matter what class you bundle with Sorc you’d be a Sorc who also casts X magic, until you reach Warlock or Featherfoot and then it sounds like those are more defining of your character.

Cryo + Necro = Cryo with Summons
Cryo + Chrono = Cryo with speed buffs
Pyro + Sorc = Sorc with Fire
Necro + Sorc = Sorc with more summons
etc etc etc

The point I make with that is Necro, in traditional terms, isn’t a class pick so much as a sub-class (granted in ToS they’re all subs of your primary role, but, you get what I mean).

Linker will make your grinding and runs 5x faster. Psycho will make your boss encounters much faster given the ice wall synergy. Really up to you. Like 90% of the game is spent out in the wild grinding on mobs, 5% in town, and 5% actually engaged in a boss or world boss. So I’d still lean Linker since it will make up for your cooldowns and help squeeze the most you can out of your summon dps while also bringing a versatile skill-set to the party instead of a one-hit-wonder combo.

Hard to build this one
I think Necro much better with Linker but 5 targets JP not satisfy me at all.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I really appreciate your input guys, you helped a lot.

I hope there’s rank 8 at next IOBT or international release.

Trauma… you can’t figure it out.

Why?

What’s there not to figure out:
raw magic atk+int+damage reduce+exp/drop gain+survivability

You don’t have any damage skills as trauma. But you will increase your other skills significantly.
The reduce atk attribute on the size change … really makes it something interesting. There’s lots of hurt out there.

Actually. Leveling in dungeons got a huge buff from a few patches ago.
It’s still reduced to an max run amount.

I find it sad that necormancer isnt seen as it seems to be.

The greatness lays in the way it’s skills have snyergys.
Decay, skeletons, defense towers, shoggoths. They add onto an constant dps, with low cd and nearly no sp usage.
Sorc needs to chug bottles of mana potions.
Necromancer just add a few more coprses.

But yes.
Linker+ Necromancer works well.
Sadly they change the link a bit … but luckily it doesn’t affect necormancers alot xD.

Why do you say linker C1 is not worth getting anymore? 5 Links binding for 5 seconds is not enough late game? I think that is still very good.

To answer the OP’s question: I would fill in the empty rank with Psychokino, possibly getting it at R3

Poeple are divisive about ten links being good enough for late game.
Earth Tower changed our perseption in a lot of things.

He guys,

The damage of Ice Wall+Psychic Pressure combo damage scales with Ice Wall level or Psychic Pressure level or INT ?

IIRC the ice projectile damage is based upon your MATK.
You could say it scales with ice level ( since it can retain more hits)
and also gets benefits of hitting more frozen cells with items giving bonus AOE Attack Ratios.
ie;

Arca Staff (+3)
Vubbe glove (+2?)

Thank you

/20characters